Dawsy Administration Mentality
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dawsy Administration Mentality

Excellent reading for those considering employment with CCSO because their attrition rate is higher than the employment rate. Even if there was a grievance procedure, it wouldn't matter unless there was union.............

Sheriff Dawsy,

I would like this letter added to my personnel file for future reference. No one from Citrus County Sheriff’s Office will acknowledge my request for a personal discussion of the circumstances which led to the decision of my dismissal. On June 26th, 2006 I did request to speak with you Sheriff Dawsy, regarding my circumstances with no responding correspondence received thus far.

My experience and credible background are just some of the credentials that interested this agency and subsequently led to my employment. My background and previous accomplishments revealed an exemplary employee as a point of interest and benefit to the future of Citrus County Sheriff’s Office. During my interviews and background checks my performance evaluations revealed average to above average ratings. Upon employment I entered the Field Training program in late 2005 and successfully completed it weeks later before the holidays of 2005. My skills afforded the evaluators an opportunity to accelerate the standard fourteen week program to only six weeks. This accomplishment was recognized by the training unit supervisor and field training officer’s that I was individually assigned too. Within weeks after permanent assignment to the West district, I responded to a call for service where it was determined that a search warrant was necessary to investigate a suspicious individual residing in Citrus County who was suspected of killing or harming a female acquaintance. Hours after obtaining this information from the female caller who fled from the residence I pursued additional investigation which leads to this warrant. I went to Sgt. Fields who allowed Detective Alexander to assist me further. I provided Detective Alexander with all the necessary details to procure the affidavit and application process for the warrant. Judge Garrolla approved the warrant presented where I then completed an operational plan with no assistance to deputies awaiting the warrant to be executed. We successfully entered the suspects home and obtained several items of evidence related to the warrant and removed additional felony and misdemeanor related narcotics and paraphernalia. Later in March 2006 with no initiative or assistance I held a training seminar at an evening line-up for the West district. The topic was Florida Stop & Frisk consisting of a ten question multiple choice format quizzes. Neither of these incidents where mentioned in my first performance evaluation for individual recognition. My patrol car was one of the older models and routinely passed monthly inspection for cleanliness and appearance where the supervisor again never noted attention to detail in my performance evaluation. My patrol zone consisted of the largest territorial response area in the district. Between Hwy 19, 488 and 495 It was the most populated and heavily traveled area by commuters, quarry trucks, fisherman, rescue vehicles, power plant employee’s and hospital staff for the Westside. I had a working relationship with several residents, commuters and businesses.

In late May 2006 I requested a shift change which was honored on June 2nd, 2006. The same day I was ordered in to speak with Captain Mike Richie, where he wanted to discuss the shift change and other issues. This meeting was a one way conversation in his own words where he didn’t want feedback on certain matters of discussion. As a result of this meeting he requested I read a book entitled “Give’em the Pickle” by co-author Bob Farrell. Captain Richie said he wanted a book report with my opinion or feedback of the readings and how it pertains to the Citrus County way of policing. On June 13th I responded to this request in the form of an e-mail. My response was initially to the understanding of the readings and then discussed my opinions on how the material doesn’t correlate with law enforcement duties. On June 14th I was ordered into Commander Burns’s office with no opportunity to discuss or present feedback to a memo of dismissal regarding my employment. I understand my style and personal beliefs to law enforcement vary from the small town atmosphere of Citrus County. Either way my beliefs of professionalism, fairness, integrity and respect were a philosophy for handling every call for service.

There were several things bothering me about the memo of dismissal as its written and the timing of it. First of all was the fact of being within 24 hours of my response to Captain Richie’s book report and on the eve to Father’s Day weekend. Second was the reasoning for dismissal referencing a poor work performance standard? Third was a lack thereof an opportunity to resign from the agency. Fourth is how your personal philosophy speech during our Oath of office, focused on honesty as I recall, ironic how my honesty has landed me unemployed. Fifth is how we are sworn to uphold the law and defend liberties of the constitution by protection of the innocent and justice for all. The fact I have to defend my integrity, and chosen livelihood of law enforcement is an injustice.

I want this letter of explanation in my employment file on record with Citrus County Sheriff’s Office to express these concerns. Because no one has expressed any interest in listening to me in person and when they are mentioned they seem to be ignored? Hence the very reason for arbitration being voted by Florida legislation to protect labor issues for the rights of an employee. There would be no need for this letter or this incident to have occurred with a labor union in place. For example, according to my first performance evaluation, it doesn’t coincide with the reasoning for dismissal. Under quantity of work it reads above average. Yet in other areas it reflects several misunderstandings which went without explanation. I received below average ratings in “interpersonal skills”, “decision making” and “supervisor relationship”. When I discussed the ratings given by the evaluator in the area of “decision making” it was clearly obvious he had no merit. The discussion was held in the presence of a watch commander who even agreed the evaluator had no merit to fault me for the ratings given. How is it that, I can inquire to this evaluator for his ratings and he can’t produce any record or documentation of his decision making and recalled only two instances from memory? Of the two instances he recalled he wasn’t even there to observe or inquire the final outcome and never spoke to me as to why it was concluded in an appropriate fashion according to training guidelines. I was given no consideration to be reevaluated. For “supervisor relationship”, the evaluator gave no reasoning what so ever for this rating, yet he invited me on several occasions to personal get together’s and regularly chastised me in front of others on duty at his amusement. The circumstances mentioned were brought to the table on June 2nd during the discussion with Captain Richie who demonstrated no concern to the lack of a fair and impartial evaluation under the circumstances.

I want to quote the first paragraph of the Code Of Ethics as it relates to Law Enforcement: “As a law enforcement deputy, my fundamental duty is to serve mankind; to safeguard lives and property; to protect the innocent against deception, the weak against oppression or intimidation, and the peaceful against violence or disorder; and to respect the Constitutional Rights of all people to liberty, equality and justice.

For what it is worth I have explained my situation to you and anyone interested in viewing my file. No opportunity was ever afforded to me to resign from the agency. Eight and half years of exemplary performance, dedication and commitment even at CCSO, though it was never recognized has now been tarnished because of individual beliefs. I guess when it comes to labor disputes the employee “can’t be, shouldn’t be and will never be right”.

In ref to this letter I doubt it ever made it into my personnel jacket so it might as well be available for somelses best interest.....

wow, is it really that bad here? you dont agree with a supervisor youre gone? i work for pinellas and now i am glad that i chose to make the 100 mile drive to pinellas (which also pays more) than to make a move to the road here. hope someday it gets better here. all us citizens know is that CCSO is a good place with no disention form within. we are very misinformed it appears!

Let me clarify it for your brother its not disention its intimidation!!! If you think out side the box like myself and NOT many others do your done!!! This Good Ol Boy system won't and doesn't tolerate educated, well rounded, experienced individuals able to think for themselves. This letter is only the icing on the cake with the puppet regime or mentality they have instilled. Thats why the word "Union" is such a big NO,NO around Citrus.....Go figure

For what its worth I'm commuting as well........

Quote Originally Posted by Jailer-4-Life
    wow, is it really that bad here? you dont agree with a supervisor youre gone? i work for pinellas and now i am glad that i chose to make the 100 mile drive to pinellas (which also pays more) than to make a move to the road here. hope someday it gets better here. all us citizens know is that CCSO is a good place with no disention form within. we are very misinformed it appears!

Time 4 Change

Primaries are around the corner www.hemrickforsheriff.com

[quote=GOOD OL' BOYS]Let me clarify it for your brother its not disention its intimidation!!! If you think out side the box like myself and NOT many others do your done!!! This Good Ol Boy system won't and doesn't tolerate educated, well rounded, experienced individuals able to think for themselves. This letter is only the icing on the cake with the puppet regime or mentality they have instilled. Thats why the word "Union" is such a big NO,NO around Citrus.....Go figure

For what its worth I'm commuting as well........

Quote Originally Posted by "Jailer-4-Life":2q71vq28
    [/quote:2q71vq28]

Jailer,

Take the anonymus posts here with a grain of salt. For the most part, CCSO is a decent place to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Jailer,

Take the anonymus posts here with a grain of salt. For the most part, CCSO is a decent place to work.
    Notice how the response quoted here is very ironic; "take anonymous posts here with a grain of salt" funny how the poster was anonymous himself as "guest" well guest must be a part of administration, cause anyone with common sense on this forum can figure out that CCSO isn't what its portrayed to be especially on that silly recruiting video, and the phasod they cast on the public eye. Reality is morale blows except for those who continue to suck their way up to the top. This forum informs you of the idiosyncrosies and issues ignored by our superiors..

If things were fine why would folks get on here and air there dirty laundry? Because they were bored, not the case because the topics were brought to their attention and were shot down or laughed at...And the #1 topic shot down time and time again(the PBA) why? Admin. will lose the current "my way or the way" mentality and grip they have on the agency...Proof is in the pudding by reading the topics on this site. Fact of the matter is they want nothing but sheep or puppets working for them; do as your told cash your check and be glad you have a job....Oh yeah and we'll buy you and your family a cheesy gift card, coffee mug and trinkets for keeping your mouth shut...and dont forget the annual company picnic that's right out his bonus budget monies....

Laz,

Nope, not management.... CCSO isn't perfect, but there are plenty of people here that are content. Does this mean they agee 100% with everything, no. But to the majority things are good here.

I see from your other post, that you are now directing your delusions towards Sumter County (and you never worked there). Is it that hard for you to comprehend that not everyone wants to work in South Florida?

Who do you work for again? Why don't you go blow your doom and gloom on your agency form? Or are they so great they don't have one here...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Laz,

Nope, not management.... CCSO isn't perfect, but there are plenty of people here that are content. Does this mean they agee 100% with everything, no. But to the majority things are good here.

I see from your other post, that you are now directing your delusions towards Sumter County (and you never worked there). Is it that hard for you to comprehend that not everyone wants to work in South Florida?

Who do you work for again? Why don't you go blow your doom and gloom on your agency form? Or are they so great they don't have one here...
    No union, no pay, no comp time, no tint, no clue, no backbone, and nothing but a puppet regime. Shall i continue with the non-sense that would lead anyone with common sense to move onto greener pastures. Give me a break anyone with half a brain realize CCSO isn't a career its barley a stepping stone. Jeff took my dignity and made me realize what a tragic mistake and burden I put my family, my life and my career through was all another learning curve; yep i learned something out of meeting all you rednecks. I walked on eggshells from day 1 amongst cold hearted, callous individuals who are extremly two faced. If you haven't faced personally or first hand? Your time is coming and when it does you'll remember the best part of my dribble, is it's all the TRUTH about about Mayberry and the Good Ol Boys.

I have my dignity and respect for my chosen career and where is yours? At CCSO? good luck to ya especially when it comes to discipline or questioning your rights, yet alone what benefits the agency or what is the right thing to do...

Good to see you miss me even though you are like the rest of the schmucks and are fearful of revealing yourself for a 2cent cheapshot with a name reference.

And yes fruitcake my agency has had a talkgroup on this forum that was established in 2001 not 2006 like CCSO. One other thing detective, do you know who is your moderator? or who the person responsible for listing CCSO on LEO? When you figure out who they are I Look forward to your response. Till then becareful what you wish for...

VOTEHEMRICKFORSHERIFF.COM

If you want to be treated fair and have opportunity based on ability and education not who's A$$ you kiss then VOTE HANK. NO kidding here folks it is time for a change.

PLEASE VOTE and MAKE YOUR VOICE HEARD, LOUD and CLEAR.

VOTEHEMRICKFORSHERIFF.COM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast