FOP where ya at?

FOP where ya at?

So how did the FOP meeting go on the 23rd? I have heard that the commish approved a couple of million for raises, but the sheriff said no because he couldn't use it as he sees fit. Is this true?

I guess the question is are we getting a raise or not?

looks like they are playing poker. raise or fold??

FOP Lodge 71

No Limit Holdem'

Poker Tournamnet

June 23, 2007 at 11 am

American Legion in Pensacola (Barrancas and Intendencia)

$50.00 entry fee

All entry fee's will go to Lodge 71

Prizes to the top 8 places (hotel package, gift cert., plaque to the winner, etc...)

B.Y.O.B

It's coming up on election season. We should all know by now the sheriff will not seek any raises during his campaign. Gotta get every vote he can. Hopefully he will let us get the raise before then. If not my vote is elsewhere.

First off, what kind of name is Booger? Who is going to take a person seriously with a name like that? Second who you vote for is your business. If you want to go, great. Go pick your nose elsewhere.

We lost another one to Escambia County $$$

The writing is on the wall, it's time for the F.O.P. to step up and fight for our raises. I am proud to work in Santa Rosa County, but if we keep losing good people it will really diminish our quality of service. Yet alone good "back-up Deputies". It's time for us all to come together to get a competive salary for our families.

You know, I've watched the Sheriff ask our beloved county commisioners for pay raises every year. He usually gets shot down by the one who says "we can't give you a raise and not raise the salary for our dump truck drivers, too". that makes perfect sense to me, I mean, they do work shifts, have to wear body armor to work every day, get spit on and cursed at every day....wait a minute, maybe they don't.
    Seems to me the problem sits up there at that giant desk in the board room denying just about everything we ask for. making 42k a year for a part-time job. Maybe THEY should be the one's sweating re-election, not the man who asks for one every year..........