Dep. Eric Thomas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Dep. Eric Thomas

Deputy Eric Thomas from Key Largo. I've work with Eric but man that guy can't get over Tpr. Burgos incident on the stretch. Eric is always bad mouthing the trooper, whom I also know personally. I think if Eric really has a problem with the trooper Burgos he should talk to him in person instead of talking bad about the guy behind his back. But then again Eric is known for talking behind peoples backs. I personally think Eric is an idiot, who walks around like he's the Sheriff for the MCSO. Eric is got the wrong impression of that trooper, but I guess Tpr. Burgos is the bigger not just because he doesn't bad mouth anyone behind their back. One day eric will be in the same predicament as that trooper. An maybe Eric will realize that every story has 2 side and maye he should not judge a book by it's cover.

Deputy Thomas

I have talked to Trooer Burgos about this incident and I have also spoken to the the Lieutenant that he stopped. You talk in your post about talking about people behind their back...you are that such a person. I conceed that the young trooper made a mistake and that I should look past that. I don't agree with you...and we will talk later...about writting a post that I think I am the Sheriff... I grew up in the Keys and take pride in my community and agency. I care about the people and what happens in my town. unlike other agencies that send people here for one or two years and then they transfer to other positions within the state. If you have a problem with me then give me a call and we will talk...don't hide behind a keyboard....like a little punk.

E.T

I don't know him that well, but he seems to be a nice guy. He just cares about his job and is'nt here to mess around and goof of all day while your suppose to be working. Your think he is an idiot for what reason's? Because he does his job. Why don't you talk with him face to face and stop hiding behind your keyboard. That's the only way to resolve these issues. Be safe out there.

F (Coconuts) :twisted:

It's not that he needs any defending, but I will tell you that I have heard about enough smack about what happened. You see, I am a published critic of such actions and after I found out what happened, I support the actions taken. They may very well have saved a life. Nonetheless, regardless of how you feel, It is the priority of my troopers to support L.E.O.'s in their functions as police officers. And safeguard the public. Period.

They do this quite well. Bumps in the road will be taken care of as they come up. I'm sure everyone on this forum has taken an action that can be questioned harshly, yet you may still defend that action. And about the comment concerning those that spend a few years and move on, well, when your the lowest paid in the state, you do for your family what you need to.

Any further comments, please, you all know me, do me a favor, meet me somewhere and we'll talk. Lets not turn on each other. Each other is all we got.

Sgt. Joe.

Sergeant Joe: I'm a lawyer from Central Florida. Having read your post (I love the Keys so I look in from time to time) I really dig your style. I know I'm a nobody on this site (although I'm intrigued by the sights to be seen at the Islamorada sandbar) but I just want to say that you're a solid dude and I admire your style!

So was he found guilty of the bar fight at Chili Willies on Super Bowl Sunday. I know his trial was this past week in Marathon.

Deputy Thomas won a judgment of acquittal with the court's apology. I too know Eric and find him to be an upstanding Brother and a good cop. If you wish to discuss Eric's character please contact me at admin@ironpigs-cigarcity-tampa.net and I will be happy to meet with you and clear the air as an adult. I know of around 1000 Brothers in Law Enforcement and Fire Fighters as well who can and will attest to Eric's character. He is my Brother and I know he believes in the core values of a true cop and the vocation of law enforcement.

Don't take this as anything other than what it is; a friend and Brother of Eric Thomas who is willing to discuss these allegations man to man in an adult manner rather than from behind a keyboard.

Here is the story about the superbowl incident.

http://keysnews.com/318354934159955.bsp.htm

For those of you who truly believe in the standards, ethics and courage of law enforcement officers please remember: NEVER FORGET THE BROTHERHOOD.

judge Becker threw the case out brother, he did not win the case by proving he case. He should have gotten demoted from detective just like the Sgt did. So take care Brother from another MCSO deputy.

The case was thrown out because there was no case to begin with. It is not up to Eric to prove his innocence. The court apologized to Eric and chastised the prosecution. If you believe so strongly that Eric should be demoted, go in person, like a man, and advise the sheriff. My original offer stands; or do you prefer to cower behind anonymity? By the way, you are not my brother.

I looked at my posts and found nothing moronic, misspelled or immature in them. I look at some of the responses find the opposite. My offer still stands. You have my email. I would be happy to take a road trip and discuss this issue with you in person. Don't worry, I won't rat you out to your bosses and I am not threatening to do you any harm. I just feel that since you have the desire to name a deputy and accuse him of unethical conduct and wrong doing, perhaps you would be man enough to do so in person rather than behind a keyboard.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast