SPPD Becoming PCSO?

SPPD Becoming PCSO?

So, I was watching the news this evening, and Tampa Bay's 10 had an article about SPPD becoming PCSO. The article stated if SPPD does not get absorbed by PCSO, then we will have to make budget cuts up to 20%. Well, being in the lower 20% portion of SPPD, does this mean I should be in fear of being laid off, or is this a bargaining scare tactic due to the upcoming contract negotiations I am told of?

Thanks

http://www.tampabays10.com/news/local/a ... ryid=55164

Here's what he's talking about. Departments are so understaffed in this area. Lay-offs, despite all the dooms day rumors, are unlikely.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

lay offs

PO132
    The City is playing terrorist games with the citizens
    You are of an essential service. And they can't keep enough officers to man the streets. World War 3 could break out, and even then.... If the Military didn't take you the City still wouldn't pay you for what you have to do. SPPD has become: a bucket of water with a hole in it. It's a fact that water is leaking through the bucket faster then can keep it filled. On Friday two more officers left. Yet, the City continues to put the blame on the flow of water. I think that the Smoke we are enduring is really coming out of City HAll!

Our industrious 911 responders have replied with a new tactic .
    Management used to hear of possible transfers and tried to head them off at the pass. ie: sending off bad info, as in investigations that didn't exist or poor evaluations. However, other departments have learned of this move.
    Hence forth : The giving of a two week notice is hereby rescinded. If the Staff doesn't play faithfully, then the city doesn't deserve a notice of intent. Let the Games continue.............

As far a contract negotiations will go: DON'T Expect a single thing! The City of St Pete will plead poor mouth to everyone. Already they are talking about taking away social services and appealing to the bleeding heart liberals throughout. Why NEXT YEAR WE WON'T HAVE THE MONEY TO PLANT SOME MORE TREES !!! They are playing fear tactics.

By the way......

This is where you stand on pay scale within Florida. While City Management compares it'self among the top four Cities of Florida.......there appears to be a lot of dots above you. Are you feeling under-valued yet??

Can You say?..... op~poor~tune~it~tees?
    I know you can!

My Advice: Learn quickly how to write a really nice resume