Re-Election - Page 2
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Re-Election

Re: Re-Election

Quote Originally Posted by Opposed
    Food for thought for those few of CCSO who actually pay attention and participate with this site.

Jeff's time is running out in 2008. Who will you vote in to replace him. The candidates are few but educate yourselves and citizens too before you re-elect Mr. Tampa Bay and his cronies to run Citrus another 4 more without being opposed.

Food for thought look at his track record of firings of experienced law enforcement officers recruited here to work for him. None are still here and yet his cronies are including Lt. now investigator Martone. Go figure fire and experienced officer with an exemplary background but keep a guy whose been stopped 4x for suspected DUI. Same with Perez gets popped in his unmarked for DUI and allowed to train new hires for years collecting insentive pay to teach new guys integrity, morals and professionalism that he doesn't have.....

Not for the incumbent.....

Dawsy or the other guy

I voted and will vote for the other guy
    I guess what you're trying to say is "Smoking Mirrors" or should Dawsy be referred to as Fidel Castro "The Dictator"???

Because that all i'm understanding from this, Vivo el Fidel!!!! :twisted:

Re: Re-Election

Quote Originally Posted by Opposed
    Food for thought for those few of CCSO who actually pay attention and participate with this site.

Jeff's time is running out in 2008. Who will you vote in to replace him. The candidates are few but educate yourselves and citizens too before you re-elect Mr. Tampa Bay and his cronies to run Citrus another 4 more without being opposed.

Food for thought look at his track record of firings of experienced law enforcement officers recruited here to work for him. None are still here and yet his cronies are including Lt. now investigator Martone. Go figure fire and experienced officer with an exemplary background but keep a guy whose been stopped 4x for suspected DUI. Same with Perez gets popped in his unmarked for DUI and allowed to train new hires for years collecting insentive pay to teach new guys integrity, morals and professionalism that he doesn't have.....

Not for the incumbent.....

Dawsy or the other guy

I voted and will vote for the other guy
    http://www.hemrickforsheriff.com/

Hemrick

Hemrick for Sheriff?? Just what we don't need; A NY correctional officer with ZERO road experience to run a full service law enforcement agency.

On his website Mr. Hemrick mentions that various agencies with resources in Citrus County such as the Highway Patrol, Fish and Wildlife, Marine Patrol and the US Coast Guard. While this sounds great at first glance, there are some problems.

The Highway Patrol... May have 0-3 toopers available in Citrus County at any given time. 90% of the time a deputy can scratch out a short form before a trooper arrives.

The Fish and Wildlife... Ever try and find one of these guys when you need one, especially after dark??

The Florida Marine Patol... NO LONGER EXISTS!!! They were merged with GFC to create the Fish and Wildlife. Since that merger, FWC water patrol presence has been in decline, except for special events. Plus it is my understanding FWC is planning to cut 2 water patrol spots from Citrus County.

The US Coast Guard... Has one small boat station in Yankeetown that is responsible for coverage from Hernando County to north of Steinhatchee. The Coast Guard has been cutting back on the amount of time they actually patrol the waterways and under NORMAL circumstances, they have enough people to put ONE boat on the water.

Do you really want to put a person in office who doesn't even know the available resources in the county??

Cast your vote wisely....

Re: Hemrick

Quote Originally Posted by GuestOU812
    Hemrick for Sheriff?? Just what we don't need; A NY correctional officer with ZERO road experience to run a full service law enforcement agency.

On his website Mr. Hemrick mentions that various agencies with resources in Citrus County such as the Highway Patrol, Fish and Wildlife, Marine Patrol and the US Coast Guard. While this sounds great at first glance, there are some problems.

The Highway Patrol... May have 0-3 toopers available in Citrus County at any given time. 90% of the time a deputy can scratch out a short form before a trooper arrives.

The Fish and Wildlife... Ever try and find one of these guys when you need one, especially after dark??

The Florida Marine Patol... NO LONGER EXISTS!!! They were merged with GFC to create the Fish and Wildlife. Since that merger, FWC water patrol presence has been in decline, except for special events. Plus it is my understanding FWC is planning to cut 2 water patrol spots from Citrus County.

The US Coast Guard... Has one small boat station in Yankeetown that is responsible for coverage from Hernando County to north of Steinhatchee. The Coast Guard has been cutting back on the amount of time they actually patrol the waterways and under NORMAL circumstances, they have enough people to put ONE boat on the water.

Do you really want to put a person in office who doesn't even know the available resources in the county??

Cast your vote wisely....
    And what is CCSO currently doing for the marine patrol? 2 units for the entire county; lets see there is 7 days/nights in the week and 4 weeks in the month. That would work out to 14 days of patrol only by the current 3/2/2/3 work schedule. So on that schedule that means only 1 deputy is actively patrolling during the week. FWC does have a branch office in the county on the Barge canal with several units available that double or triple what CCSO is currently doing for marine patrol. Hmmm, adequate patrol sounds like its coming from FWC not CCSO....regarding crash reports, i had a supervisor from the westside tell me on more than one occassion crashes can HOLD for FHP because road patrol is short handed.
    Please don't tell me that the PAPA units are the answer either! those freakin volunteers are useless, not one time has one ever been there to help me out, on two occassions they arrived on scene after I got them off the roadway and said "oh you got this" and left down the road to eat at a bar. There's good customer service for you. Way to go Jeff!!

Time for change partner, its time to move on from the dictatorship and in with new ideas. Out with old and in with the NEW I say; instead of i will listen and it's my way or da highway mentality.

Sooner or later all dictators crumble....

http://www.hemrickforsheriff.com/

FWC

And what is FWC currently doing for marine patrol?? As of today, there are 5 patrol units assigned for the entire county. 1 of them you will never see on the water, 1 you might see on the water.

So you are left with 3 units to cover 2 shifts (FWC only has day and afternoon shifts, NOT 24/7), both fresh and saltwater, plus answer critter complaints on land and have their days off.

Reality says you are lucky if there is 1 FWC officer actively patrolling the waters in the entire county.

9 water craft?

From Mr. Hemrick's site,

"So, Do We Really Need?... Nine Watercraft—including a 24 foot Boston Whaler at a cost of over $100,000... Plus manpower and maintenance for the above."

Let's break this down;

Of the 9 watercraft...

2 are daily use vessels

1-2 are airboats

4-5 are small jon boats for disaster repsonse (most likely purchased with grant money), and

the $100,00 Boston Whaler was purchased from a Homeland Security grant.

Manpower;

Currently 2 full time and 4 part time Marine Deputies.

Re: FWC

Quote Originally Posted by GuestOU812
    And what is FWC currently doing for marine patrol?? As of today, there are 5 patrol units assigned for the entire county. 1 of them you will never see on the water, 1 you might see on the water.

So you are left with 3 units to cover 2 shifts (FWC only has day and afternoon shifts, NOT 24/7), both fresh and saltwater, plus answer critter complaints on land and have their days off.

Reality says you are lucky if there is 1 FWC officer actively patrolling the waters in the entire county.
    So what's being said is since CCSO only has two F/T people in the marine unit. And with only two units the coverage for a 7 day work week and 3 shifts is essentially less than 1/2 the manpower the state can provide. Is that fair on the taxpayers? "NO" it is not.... Because thats what I'm interpreting here and honestly with 5 guys assigned to FWC that means they are definetly doubling the staff that CCSO can provide and with better response time to incidents on the water...

Where is the logic in a part-time marine unit? One of the four has to be available 24/7 by phone or pager, an expense paid for by the S.O., plus the delayed response to the marina or boat yard where the boat is stored, then time to travel out to the incident. Minimal response time is 1.5 hrs not to mention if the heli has to go out to verify a location or provide air support. Or if the dispatcher has to play round robin of whose on call and the delays if someone doesn't answer the call and who to try next in line for contingency issues...what a cluster operation they have in place. The need for 8 f/t canines was evident years ago yet it took forever to happen. The need for more full time marine units should have happened then. The job of problem solving is NOT retro-active response. Problem solving will not occur with Dawsy unless it benefits him directly with politics and ensuring a seat somewhere. Problem solving has occurred in Citrus by reacting not proacting ie; Lundsford....More has been accomplished with protcol after the fact with this agency than before and it had to occur at the negligence of a total boob.

Sounds to me like you are a part of problem with the atage of "If ain't broke, don't fix it"

Wrong issue...

Why are you worried about what FWC is doing and the water patrol. I don't know about you, but the issue in this county is not how many people are blowing no wake zones, and I haven't heard about any burglaries going on in the middle of the lakes.
    Too many people are worried about the wrong thing. They're too nosey!!! I say go to work, worry about yourself and don't screw anything up. who cares what somebody else is getting...Life isn't always fair! Shut up, do your job and work your shift and maybe some of the crime problems in this county will actually get solved. If people spent half the time, on their own lives, that they spend worring about others, this world would be a much better place.
    I think, if deputies didn't like it here...they'd leave! You want to know why people don't, because secretly...they like their job. Most of them just want something to complain about. Today, it just happens to be the elections! IF they are so wonderful themselves, they'd have plenty of job offers, but they don't and there is probably a reason for that. People get fired, because they screw up!!! It's common sense!
    I'll tell you how it is in this county....bad cops, get treated badly, and they don't like it. I worked hard for my position, and I appreciate it. I don't kiss butt, I go to work, I make my arrests, I help citizens and I treat people with respect....even the criminals. My tip is, that if you learn to do the same, you too will enjoy you're job. Maybe the change that needs to be made is in all these people complaining.
    I say GO DAWSY!!! I wish he'd stick around longer!! And for the close minded person that dare insult our volunteers....SHAME ON YOU!! They give their time...no pay, no benefits and very few thanks from others, to help their community....You need to ask yourself...what do you do for Citrus County???

Re: Wrong issue...

Quote Originally Posted by WHY!!!
    Why are you worried about what FWC is doing and the water patrol. I don't know about you, but the issue in this county is not how many people are blowing no wake zones, and I haven't heard about any burglaries going on in the middle of the lakes.
    Too many people are worried about the wrong thing. They're too nosey!!! I say go to work, worry about yourself and don't screw anything up. who cares what somebody else is getting...Life isn't always fair! Shut up, do your job and work your shift and maybe some of the crime problems in this county will actually get solved. If people spent half the time, on their own lives, that they spend worring about others, this world would be a much better place.
    I think, if deputies didn't like it here...they'd leave! You want to know why people don't, because secretly...they like their job. Most of them just want something to complain about. Today, it just happens to be the elections! IF they are so wonderful themselves, they'd have plenty of job offers, but they don't and there is probably a reason for that. People get fired, because they screw up!!! It's common sense!
    I'll tell you how it is in this county....bad cops, get treated badly, and they don't like it. I worked hard for my position, and I appreciate it. I don't kiss butt, I go to work, I make my arrests, I help citizens and I treat people with respect....even the criminals. My tip is, that if you learn to do the same, you too will enjoy you're job. Maybe the change that needs to be made is in all these people complaining.
    I say GO DAWSY!!! I wish he'd stick around longer!! And for the close minded person that dare insult our volunteers....SHAME ON YOU!! They give their time...no pay, no benefits and very few thanks from others, to help their community....You need to ask yourself...what do you do for Citrus County???
    What a cop out!!! or should I say Dawsy CRONIE I've been trying to say it all along fellas they walk amongst us like sheep. Sorry we HURT your feelings by speaking the TRUTH...freakin panzie

Dawsy in 08

Actually, Guest is correct. It doesn't matter what FWC, FHP or the Coast Guard can do. What matters is what CCSO can do... and currently CCSO can provided FULL law enforcement services to the citizens of Citrus County on land, water and air... including Homeland Security.

I think the other point being made is do you really want to elect someone who obviously has no idea which state agencies even exist and what resources they can or can not provide...

Mr. Hemmrick's site appears to be all about budgeting, as he specifically targets certain areas he believes he can reduce. No specific mention is made on his website about his plans to keep crime under control, or provide better public safety services.

Services cost money; training equipment, personnel, etc.... The old adage "You get what you pay for applies"....

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast