Where to start... - Page 3
Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

A vote of no confidence will only give the city commision the confirmation they have been looking for. This "chief" had a well known reputation before he was hired, just ask FLPD. Another, more qualified lakeland applicant, was passed up for the position. The city knew what they were doing by giving him the job. Once the vote has been completed the city would give the final yes or NO, look at Davie...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    How about a big fat vote of no confidence for this guy. The only ones who would vote against it are obvious and blatant suck ups.
    You have my note of NO Confidence!!!!!!

How Wilton Manors hired this guy(chief) is beyond belief. I retired from flpd in 2003 and it was well known what a screwup and backstabber he was. Brasfield came very close to terminating him and should have when he had the chance. They buried him in admin and had him push paper. Your City Manager , Mayor & Commissioners really scraped the bottom of the barrell to pick this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by rico
    How Wilton Manors hired this guy(chief) is beyond belief. I retired from flpd in 2003 and it was well known what a screwup and backstabber he was. Brasfield came very close to terminating him and should have when he had the chance. They buried him in admin and had him push paper. Your City Manager , Mayor & Commissioners really scraped the bottom of the barrell to pick this guy.
    Well for one thing, we are the least priority to the city. Its not that they dislike us, they hate us. They all think that we are just of bunch of lazy good for nothing cops. They will miss us when we are gone. :snicker:

Quote for the day

The supreme quality for leadership is unquestionably integrity. Without it, no real success is possible, no matter whether it is on a section gang, a football field, in an army, or in an office

Dwight D Eisenhower

I have been browsing threads from many cities on this site for quite a while. I usually see some one saying something good about the issue or defending the person being discussed. What I find interseting is that it seems no one from your agency finds any redeeming qualities in this individual. Perhaps it is time to make a statement through your union and get rid of this person. At least expose him to his superiors if that has not already been done. Good luck. Sounds like you'll need it.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    I have been browsing threads from many cities on this site for quite a while. I usually see some one saying something good about the issue or defending the person being discussed. What I find interseting is that it seems no one from your agency finds any redeeming qualities in this individual. Perhaps it is time to make a statement through your union and get rid of this person. At least expose him to his superiors if that has not already been done. Good luck. Sounds like you'll need it.
    Or..................... maybe we can send all the involved personnel to an ethics class at the academy. OH, thats a good one!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Used to be a cool little PD to work for. Back in the 90's. Not a bad place to do a couple of years. But once the reality sets it, you'll need to get out and go to a real agency. It is not a long term place to be a COPPER.

Now they ask that in the interviews... "are your intentions to stay here long term?" "Ummm, yea?"

Quote Originally Posted by Former officer
    I left WMPD in 2004 for a bigger agency but for it's size it was a kick butt PD and I had a great amount of respect for my Sgt, other officers, and the Chief and his Staff. In keeping contact with my buddies, it is now a HORRIBLE place to work with this new chief from Fort Lauderdale PD who brought the culture of that pd to wilton manors. Now you have an agency filled with backstabbing, "yes" men & women, fear, intimidation and retaliation. And I forgot, A certain Sgt having a "special" relationship with a certain Police Aide. That ought to get to the press asap. The Mayor Scott Newton and City Manager J. Gallegos and the rest of the City Council (Gary Resnick,Craig Sherrit,Ted Galatis & Joe Angelo) ought to be held accountable for their destruction of the WMPD and threating the safety of that community.
    I know it's a cliche, but I believe an appropriate one -

"those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones"

Before you go making assumptions about situations with which you have NO knowledge, look in YOUR closet at your own skeletons first.

Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast