Where to start... - Page 2
Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

lol are you serious?!

"We were fortunate to have had alot of applicants but we chose a more well qualified applicant for the position." Or somthing to that effect. Does this mean I failed the psych? Does this mean I passed the psych and just wasn't chosen for the job offer? I would just like to know for future reference with other departments. I'd really appriciate an input from some of you guys. Be Safe!

All this means is that you were not fired from another agency, your not gay, and you dont have a criminal background. Apply to a real agency.

And as far as the Chief goes... The Chief is the furthest thing from a leader. This particular love affair is well known to the Chief. The PSA's exhusband is/was friends with the Chief when he was with FLPD and knew about the affair. This "leader" swept the affair under the rug and sent his friend packing and let the bs continue.

The Chief also allowed his nephew, who ahad to be shot twice by an officer at FAU, come serve his COMMUNITY SERVICE!!! for battery leo at the wilton manors police department.

Any other questions just ask.

Oh and Sgt.s dont try and help out the new guys or suggest other PD's to work for and get treated fairly because you will just get demoted. But dont worry the first gay Sgt is going to be promoted.

This is a direct quote from FAQ. If you are concerned about posting, please read and put your mind at ease.

How secure are the identities of posters in the Message Boards?

Everyone is ultimately responsible for what they post (refer to FREEDOM OF SPEECH found under Pressing Issues in our Links section). We do, however, hold our user’s IP addresses as confidential. That said, we could be forced to release a user’s IP address in the event a law was broken and a legal subpoena was served against us. If we were compelled to provide such IP information on a user, the investigating agency would normally still have to serve another subpoena to the Internet Service Provider (ISP) who owns the IP address in order to find out who was using that IP address on a specific date and time. It is important to remember to not break any criminal or civil laws (i.e. defamation of character) when posting.

here ya go

Wilton Manors PD has never been a happy place to work. There was always backstabbing before the new chief got there, but since he's been there, he has not made it any better. If you are a woman looking for a good place to get a lawsuit, WM would be the place to start working. With the exception of a couple of SGT.'s, the leaders there are abusive in their actions and their language towards female officers. I left wilton manors a long time ago and thank GOD I did.

As far as the new chief is concerned, it is not cool to allow a PSA (who was married) to date her sgt (who is also married) and not separate their shifts. He allowed them to work together and go on trips together "training". That's really low of him, that's really low of her and that's really low of the sgt who engaged with her. Shame on Wilton Manors, they need to become BSO.

Wasn't the new chief suppose to build the department into a great place to work? What on earth does he think he is doing? This isn't the Mafia. He can be easily voted out by a no confidence vote. And why did Wilton Manors get rid of the prior chief? At least he respected everyone and treated everyone like family. The problem was not with him, it was with the few leaders within that were causing problems. Wilton Manors is too small a department to have favoritism and intimidation leadership styles.

Quote Originally Posted by come on down
    I've been hearing some horrendous things about your dept lately. Mostly about the chief and his lying, favoritism and unethical behaviour. If half of the stuff I hear is true you guys need to come over and work with us at S.O. Can any of you guys comment on the rumors about your chief? Are they true?
    When did the S.O. stop all of their lying, favoritism and unethical behavior? Don't you read the papers?

Read the paper???? I do not need to read the paper. I am living the life of favoritism (or in many of our cases, lack of), unethical behavior, retaliation, fear and intimidation. That PD fosters a terrible atmosphere for a healthy work environment. ANY police department would be a major step up since WM is below dirt level. So, unless you have lived or are living the WMPD experience, go post to another department that may listen to you.

Yes, every department is going to have their issues and every department is going to have some level of favoritism and backstabbing going on. BUT, Wilton Manors is way too small (unlike BSO) to conduct themselves in this manner. Just one puppet can destroy the atmosphere there.

A recent event says it all. The event was a birthday party for the puppet sgt where only the chief and one other officer was invited. I never got an invitation. I thought they were my friends too, but I guess actions speak louder than words.

I too left Wilton Manors a while back. There were good times and there were bad times. For the most part, I enjoyed working there but just needed more. It's a great starter agency or a retirement agency. I learned a lot while there. I still have a few friends who work there. There are a few leaders there who would do anything to support their people and then there are those who would sell their mothers out to get ahead. We know who they are.

I have heard a lot of things that have happened with the new chief. Intimidation and revenge are not a good way to run WM. It is too small and that just causes separation with the troops. The troops have to be able to trust their leaders. If their leader cannot support his/her troops, then basically the army does not exist.

How about a big fat vote of no confidence for this guy. The only ones who would vote against it are obvious and blatant suck ups.

Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast