Just about finished with my Application

Just about finished with my Application

Can you guys give me any advise on what to expect while going through the background process?

You can't be serious! Don't you read the board?!

you can expect to sit and wait for a phone call

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Straight talk

Hopefully, you've taken the time to read the past postings on this site. There's not too many people willing to walk into Hades, expecting everyone to be wearing smiley faces. If you honestly have read about the may obstacles officers on this department are facing .... then #1 you must at the very least be looking to at least get your foot in the door. Being A LEO, is an extremely honorable and rewarding profession, just, as long as you stay true to the reasons you want to do this job. Use the system before it uses you and find a comfortable employer after your certified. #2 You might have the intelligence to voluntarily Baker Act yourself.

The background check is going to go over everything that you've submitted on your application, that you've ever done. Ever held a Government Security Clearance? It's about the same. Expect anyone and everyone you mentioned on your Resume to be called. I hope you paid them well. Any place you've worked previously will be sought for info, along with that nasty neighbor you haven't gotten along with over the years. Pass this and you get to go to the next phase.........

That's the Phase wherein they check whether you fit into the diversity of the City. This is the big one. I hope you told them you were born in Asia as Jimmy Hendrix re-incaranted, who sings in Spanish and thinks of yourself as a lesbian in a man's body Then could Expect an appointment for your a$$ smooching abilities. I'd suggest finding a good lip balm now.

Good luck ~ It only gets better ~ and one day too, You can be a sheriff's deputy.

SPPD the Dumping Grounds

We have no leadership at all, not a single cop in the staff anymore. Corruption so transparent, you can’t believe it goes on unchecked by outside agencies. Not even the States Attorney will touch these cases being covered up. Yet we lead the area in trying to prosecute hard working cops. Go figure? Morale is now so low you think back on boot camp and think it was Tropical vacation. All we see is weak pathetic staffers interested in their pay and retirement benefits. We as an agency have covered up so many crimes from a cop doing armed robberies to drug dealing. All involved just keep getting promoted? One cover up after the other yet, we single out hard working cops for discipline? Come on over I need the cover...