To Deputy Stabins - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Don't defend stupidity, it shows you are any better, call it for what it is, stupidity, then move on.

nice one, mega.

Tired of excuses

I've heard every excuse under the sun. I've had a woman piss herself trying to avoid a ticket. Didn't work. So I understand the frustration of being lied to but the force used on this woman crossed the line. Period.

Anyone who says they would have done the same...brother it is time to look at retirement.

If that had been my Sister or Mother or yours we wouldn't be discussing this. A good cop crossed the line in a moment of frustration and got a slap. That is the way its supposed to work. Use common sense, respect and get physical when it is necessary. Period.

Re: wrong no stabin guy

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ricky J.
    Show me a law enforcement office rother than the ones that find a tree to hide under or just hand out business cards that hasnt been accused by an arrestee of doing anything wrong. Havent had anybody jump into handcufss. People dont like tickets, getting arrested or getting told what to do. So those of us who enforce the rules get complained on. It just takes an administration to stand up for us unlike what happened to Stabins. It starts from pre school. Kids dont like the rules being enforced and either do bone heads doing 28 mph over getting a ticket.
    EXACTLY..........YOU CAN NEVER EVER EVER PLEASE THE PUBLIC!!!! IF YOU SIT BACK THEY COMPLAIN AND WHEN YOU ENFORCE THE LAWS THEY COMPLAIN..........IT IS A LOT EASIER TO SIT BACK AND DO NOTHING I'LL TELL YOU THAT MUCH :x
    You can never please you pigs. All you do is whine, whine, whine. I've never seen such a miserable group of people as those in your profession. You complain about everything. If your professional lives cause you to be this miserable, I sure feel for your families who have to put up with you when you're off duty. I would say just get another job but I'm sure 90% of you in the force do not have the education or skills to do a real job.

Re: I Know

Quote Originally Posted by FNU LNU
    Glad to see you were so supportive that you made a stand-up ANONYMOUS post in his support.
    Again........another deputy just has to take a cheap shot at a fellow leo! Do you feel better about yourself son? Grow up!
    Hang on...That may not be a Deputy...could be anybody. Reporter, IA, Lawyer?

BUT...I have worked with Deputy Stabins. He truly is a good guy.

I know brother.............But unfortunately people don't want to hear about any good things he may have done...........All society and our agency concentrates on is the negative! Sick of it!

THAN LEAVE! DO IT RIGHT OR NOT AT ALL. IF SOMEONE SCREWS UP ON THEIR JOB, THEY GET FIRED. PLAIN AND SIMPLE. LEO'S ARE HELD TO A HIRE STANDARD B/C THEY ARE DEALING WITH LAW AND PEOPLES RIGHTS. IT ISNT A TYPICAL 9-5 JOB, HE THREW HER AROUND AND VIOLATED HER RIGHTS. IF A SURGEON IS THE BEST AT HIS JOB BUT SCREWS UP AND CAUSES DAMAGE TO A PATIENT DOES IT MAKE IT OK THAT HE NEVER DID IT B4? NO IT DOESNT. CITIZENS HAVE RIGHTS AND HAS THE RIGHT TO HAVE A VOICE AND TO KNOW THAT THE PEOPLE WE ARE PAYING TO PROTECT AND SERVE DO JUST THAT. NOT BULLY AND VIOLATE! DONT LIKE IT, WHY ARE YOU THERE? YOU KNEW COMING IN. I HAVE SEEN WAAAAAAY TOOOOO MUCH EXCESSIVE FORCE ISSUES LATELY ON TV. MOST IN THE TAMPA AREA. WHY IS THAT? IS IT FINALLY COMING TO LIGHT?

To Deputy Stabins

Hi guys, as you can tell by my name I am a civilian. I did however spend time in the Army as a MP.

I just wanted to let you know that this is being talked about all over. Here is what I said to another agency.

The cop was 100% right!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Her father was at the hospital and receiving care. There was no reason for her to drive that fast or to flee. She was not a Dr. and was not needed for his care. If she had just sat there and done as she should have, like the rest of us law abiding civilians, she would have been on her way within minutes.

Even when my own childs life was hanging in the balance as we drove to the hospital, we did not drive that fast. It would have been stupid to do so. The object was to get there alive.
    There have been other times when I needed to get to the hospital in order to be with a family memeber before they died, but I never once thought of going over the speed limit more than 5 miles.

I'm sorry, but people die every day, every minute, every second and they will continue to do so until the end of time, It is a fact of life.
    Therefore, this is not a reason to break the law no matter who you are.
    This is all her fault and I am appalled that the officers department did not stand behind him.

You need to remember that as a cop everytime you put on that uniform and pin on that badge, you have just made yourself a target for every crazy person in the world. You need to keep both eyes open at all times. You can not be a bleeding heart, but you must be fair and just, but not stupid!
    God bless you all and keep you safe!!

But the problem is, he didnt need to armbar her into submission.
    In the parking lot of the hospital.
    He could have ROR'd her-
    He knew her dad was sick.
    He chose to make her pay, and for that, he is paying the price of public scrutiny.
    :idea:

HES BAD, HES GOOD, HES BAD, HE'S GOOD, HES BAD, HES GOOD

Quote Originally Posted by ?
    But the problem is, he didnt need to armbar her into submission.
    In the parking lot of the hospital.
    He could have ROR'd her-
    He knew her dad was sick.
    He chose to make her pay, and for that, he is paying the price of public scrutiny.
    :idea:
    HEY LOOK EVERYONE! There's a DEAD HORSE over there! Whatya say we beat it AGAIN! COME ON EVERYONE LETS DO IT!

Stabins

Be assured that you did nothing wrong. You did what WE were all trained to do. The public doesn't see it only when THEY need something! Keep your head up! :wink:

Learn and get past it

Two groups have submitted to this list--those who blindly support you and those who blindly attack.

Let me suggest that you believe neither and take what is good from both. You've done many great things in your career that you should be proud of. You've also done things you should not be proud of.

What will you get from this event that will guide you moving forward. Anger, bitterness? The possibility that anger overtook you on a particular day? The recognition that she was wrong...but so where you at least in part?

Support and praise. Attack and condemnation don't matter. What you do with this event, your reaction does matter. These are the moments when I've seen guys take a bad road or make a bad road worse. And I've seen guys get a grip see how a divorce or personal conflict was spilling over and escalating situations. I know you aren't one moment. I know enough about you to know your a good man. Learn and get past it.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast