SPPD Weed and Seed a joke

SPPD Weed and Seed a joke

wow, a whole 19 drug dealers arrested in St Pete. Gee are SPPD narc actually doing buys now? Im so impressed. However I'm sure that the "protected" people are not being done, and the "protected" areas are not being worked. How ironic that those illegal orders come from black supervisors regarding their black drug dealing family members and friends. TIME TO BLOW THE WHISTLE

info

I am not in that Unit but I know they worked extremely hard in some very dangerous areas. They should be commended for their hard work. If you do a little research, you will find alot more work was done that was quoted in the paper.

I would really hope your not a Cop with us..............go bash somewhere else.

Joker i hope you are a cop with the sppd because then you know the truth and i am glad you pointed it out he didn't say that the detectives didn't work hard he just made the point that the chiefs and sgt's are protecting their on the side kickbacks

It is a joke

Weed and Seed in this city is non-existance. It is run by Go Davis, who while being chief of police, turned down the money. He does not like to be told what to do. He be his own man and makes everyone know it. PCSO probably does more drug busts in our city than we do. Go Davis is soft on drugs because it hits too close to home. Always has been, always will be and that is the biggest problem in this city. Once Go goes, then we can really arrest the drug dealers. :lol:

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

least we forget............

Chief conflicts

In police Chief Goliath Davis' 3 1/2-year tenure, arrests have gone up and crime has gone down. But amid changes in the department, complaints and lawsuits have emerged. Many blame Davis, saying he has played favorites and been discriminatory.

[Times photos: Lisa DeJong]
    St. Petersburg Police Chief Goliath Davis listens at the Bridges of America lunch, held Friday at Faith Memorial Church. He is helping the group open a drug-treatment center.

By LEANORA MINAI

© St. Petersburg Times, published December 3, 2000

ST. PETERSBURG -- Detective Tonia Nave was in the middle of interviewing a girl who accused a St. Petersburg pastor of molesting her.

Legal actions involving the St. Petersburg Police Department
    As Nave darted between police interview rooms, her boss called her aside. After four years and 450 cases on the sex crimes squad, Nave was told she was a street cop again. She was so upset that another detective finished the interview.

The transfer came three days after Nave testified about a hostile work environment in the department. She did not take the new assignment sitting down. This summer, she sued.

photo
    Bishop Frank Costantino, left, laughs with Davis at Friday's lunch.
    In the coming months, jurors in Pinellas and Hillsborough counties could hear Nave's story, as well as accounts from six other police officers and a civilian investigator -- all of whom have sued the city, claiming retaliation or racial discrimination.

Ten lawsuits have been filed since the 1997 appointment of St. Petersburg police Chief Goliath Davis III. Many of the employees blame Davis for their troubles.

In addition to the state and federal lawsuits, a complaint of unfair labor practice is pending at the Florida Public Employee Relations Commission, and two cases are being weighed by the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission.

Legal bills are mounting. To fight one lawsuit, taxpayers already have paid Tampa attorney Thomas M. Gonzalez about $60,000. If the city loses all pending cases, it could pay judgments totaling at least $1-million.

"I don't like it, but it's part of doing business in this city," said Mayor David J. Fischer, who appointed Davis.

Is Davis, the city's first black police chief, the victim of a conspiracy, stymied at every turn as he changes the face of the department? Is he acting on a vendetta, weeding out critics who supported his arch enemy, former white police Chief Ernest "Curt" Curtsinger? Or is Davis making decisions based on race and friendship rather than merit, as the union has alleged?

It depends on whom you talk to in this city of 242,690 people.

To defenders, Davis is a man of integrity, under attack by malcontents for holding officers responsible for misconduct. Detractors say Davis has gone unchallenged, surrounding himself with administrators who will not question him and creating a ring of fear-based loyalty.

"People in St. Pete do not want to accept the fact about how vindictive this man is," said Officer Ron Adams, a 25-year veteran who retired in April amid an internal-affairs investigation. "Once he decides he is going to go after you, even if it was 20 or 30 years ago, you can forget it. You have no future in that department."

The department's top brass characterize the police plaintiffs as disgruntled employees whose only avenue is litigation because they lost appeals at the city level.

"They're looking to throw mud," said Jeff Rink, Davis' executive assistant.

Davis has burned at least 300 hours of personal and work time preparing for court proceedings, Rink said.

"Think of where we could have been if I could have stayed focused on work and not answering all the allegations that were false and fictitious," Davis said. "It's been a major distraction."
    Fending off issues of race, discrimination

To those who don't recognize the Name: Ron Adams.....
    An Honest Black Officer who spoke the truth.................

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

For your Information.....

This News was from 7 years ago......
    What improvement has anyone seen since then......
    Anyone ?.......
    Hello ?
    Can anyone find some improvement from this dateline....
    Compared with today ???

SEVEN YEARS AGO !!!!!
    Ron Adams was a man of integrity and experience.
    But I guess he wasn't black enough...
    Has any OTHER BLACK POLICE OFFICERS been approached
    and told that they have lost their roots? That they weren't acting BLACK Enough ????

I can name some.......