ACCREDITATION

Thread: ACCREDITATION

ACCREDITATION

YOUR AGENCY HAS BEEN ACCREDITED FOR SOME TIME BY THE FLEAC.

IS THIS A GOOD IDEA FOR THE OFFICERS OR JUST FOR THE ADMINISTRATION?

WHAT ARE THE POSITIVE ASPECTS? NEGATIVE ASPECTS?

IF YOU GOT TO MAKE THE CHOICE, WOULD YOU WANT YOUR AGENCY ACCREDITED?

I don't know the answers to those questions BUT I wonder if arresting fellow cops for chicken$hit DUIs is part of the accreditation? If so then these guys are the top of the heap! ops:

Im sure that most of the posts your going to read will be just as sily and off topic as the one before me, but I'll try to answer your question. Accreditation.

I feel that accreditation helps both admin and officers. Accreditation allows the agency to develope guidelines about certain LE functions and actions. It's nice to have a policy that states what your supposed to do in a given situation. Having said that, some policies should not be so specific as to hinder an officer's abiltiy to use his or hers own judgement, which can happen from time to time with certain policies.

Now, some officers may say that accreditation is stupid and a waste of time. However, those are the ones that dont know their pd's policies and have been spanked for not knowing them. Accreditation is very valuable. The citizens in your city, once explained the process, will come to like the idea of having an accredited agency. And why not, it will show that your agency has developed policies that make it more professional and that comply CALEA (dont know if I got the initials right) standards.

I would encourage you guys to go through with the accreditation process. It's definately a lot of work, but, in my opinion, it's worth it in the long run.

Quote Originally Posted by real answer
    Having said that, some policies should not be so specific as to hinder an officer's abiltiy to use his or hers own judgement, which can happen from time to time with certain policies..
    Judgement? Like arresting a fellow officer for a misdemeanor DUI? I really do not think that your washed up chief wants you guys/gals to have judgement, he just wants little brainless robots that he can treat like children.

Here is some useful, on-topic information.

http://www.flaccreditation.org/benefits.htm

is it true that you guys just hired Sanjaya as a Sgt.?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    is it true that you guys just hired Sanjaya as a Sgt.?
    Ha Ha Ha, sad thing is he would probably be better than recent picks.

Thank you for all of the input and I don't know who that person is so I guess we didn't hire them.