SPEAKING OF TRAINING - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Training procedure

Quote Originally Posted by Manatee Dropout
    I dropped out of the dispatcher training for Manatee. I can't speak for the radio training, but I can for the call taker stuff. The biggest problem that I saw is tons of book work for things that you don't really need to know at first. I can't belive I had to check off the fact that I know how to use a stapler or load paper in a copier.

A lot of the problem comes from the attitudes of the trainers. Some try really hard but simply should not be teaching. Making someone read the same GO a million times does not mean they can do something. Getting upset when someone misses something small is uncalled for.

When it comes to actually doing 99% of the job (taking calls), there is very little practice other then listening and watching others. I grew up watching sports games on TV, but I wouldn't expect to hit a baseball if I hadn't swung the bat a little first in practice. Yeah, I'd have the general idea, but when someone threw a curveball, it'd always be a swing and a miss. On top of that, there is an impatient "you are inferior" vibe coming from a lot of the dispatchers which doesn't help morale and a lot of confusions about how to do certian procedures which confuses trainees even more.

I enjoied my few months at MSO, but in the end, there are tons of better jobs out there.
    You dropped out....and why was that really? Could you not grasp it? Were you not getting the scores needed to pass? Did you not get hired by MSO because of your background? HMMMM several of us are curious.......

Back to matters at hand with my agency. So now we have a new boss, he has taken the time to sit down and talk with parts of the center. He has spoken to one shift, you has the loudest mouths. Nag nag nag, they say. Trainees are being rushed through too quickly. Need I remind them that those trainees were being rushed through since she was pushed through because she was needed to cover your annual leave time for the holidays. Becareful what you wish for you may get it. An unbalance of power you cry, the shifts are not balanced. Well if you keep it up your senior behinds may be moved to help balance the shifts out. All you do is complain about things all too loudly. What you are doing is scaring the hell out of the new people and putting the fear of god in them about things that they need to no worried about. Stop scaring them and let them learn. I am sorry you earn too much annaul leave time, and need to burn it. But how many of you are on the shift ? How many times do you get denied leave time ? Never, look at the other two shifts that have to beg borrow and steal to get their time covered. Becareful, of the worthless claims of people favoring ones over the other. There are all untrue. Have you forgotten that we are working together and maybe my helping somebody out is what I am supposed to do? I know you do not get that cooperartion on your shift. So do not think you know what takes place on my shift. I dare you to work in my place and see if you would not do the same. With all your time in grade you should know the difference between the two. On another note, our non dispatching manager is now trying to learn how to dispatch. Trained by her lap dog that will see no fault in her, except behind her back and cries that she keeps giving her work to you. Stand up for yourself and stop complaining. I am only now starting to do the same and trying to break the cycle of apathy that I have been under. In the future I will be stronger, and you should be prepared for it. Stop calling out sick because you went out drinking last night with the devil of our shift. Sit down do your job and shut up. If you take medication then take it, if you don't go get some. Half of my staff is either bi-polar or manic depressive. I feel that I am working in high schoool with a bunch of 13 year olds in heat that are dying to screw anybody with a badge and a gun. Stop husband shopping and do your job that you are being paid for. If you don't I will do my best effort to see that you do not collect your paycheck. Not a threat but a promise. I am sick of being too quiet and from now on they will know that I am there. I may have been quiet but I hear all. Gone are the days that you can tell the world that you are calling out sick only to appear at the bar that same night and worse have your picture posted on my space drinking. Step up and help your co-worker and don't whine that nobody likes you, they are sick and tired of being mandated to cover your sick leave. I don't care what your issue is get a freaking tissue. This is not a game but a job, if you don't like it then leave. Go run home to momma, and cry about the big bad wolf that you think is picking on you. If you did your job why would I pick on you. I am sick and tired of the BS that goes on, and my bosses that allow it to go on. Stand up and be a man about things, don't smile to my face and stab me in the back. FTW of better yet FPPD

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234