Morale - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Morale

Quote Originally Posted by Retired DVPD
    There's probably no one left from the McCardel era, but if there is one, ask him/her about morale. He ran off several officers: one is now a deputy chief again after retiring as a dep chief in his previous dept (bigger than Davie); another is a major in a Fla SO (bigger than Davie), another is a Lt in a dept bigger than Davie, another is a road sgt in a dept bigger than Davie. How about officers being found not at fault in crashes by both the investigating agency, then the ARB, then having the chief overturn that and find them at-fault and handing out suspensions. How about a motor officer, who was sick, being asked by the road sgt to stay until someone who was called in could arrive, then being taken off of motors because he fell asleep with a 103 fever. How about re-doing the organizational chart by eliminating positions because he didn't like the ones on the promotional list
    How about an employee of the chief's dinner buddy being arrest for Battery LEO, then trying to get the officer to drop charges.
    Your first mistake is trying to teach anything to some of these guys...they wont listen. They could care less about the past. They've seen it all and been party to all kinds of unfair treatment...at least that's what they'll tell you. Meanwhile, none of them have the balls to leave this terrible and unjust police department. Whining = Tiresome. They want no rules, standards, or accountability. Just let them do what they want and not take ownership for anything without having a lawyer around. They even think guys are fools when they get busted dead to rights doing something really stupid and ADMIT it...I've seen this. "What??? You told them you were wrong???" "You didn't have your lawyer with you??" Geez, grow the f up. After the PBA gets here, they'll have a problem with that too. Some of these guys would curse a cure for Cancer if it meant they had to earn their money.

not always. My friend it is you who needs to wake up. The ones that commit malice acts need to be FIRED........ Maybe if we fired one, the rest would stand up straight and get in line. You sound like the Public Def office (Cry cry cry ) Yes I would agree with you that unfair treatment is not good and should never happen. This is real life, it happen. But not as much as you think. There is only one ofc, I can think of in the last 5yrs that may have been mistreated, but I do not know all of the facts so it is hard to say. The rest got what the deserve. That only accounts for 1% of our problem. The rest are just childish acts. They need a good kick in the ass and then it would be over and we could move on. But if you are a real COP then you would understand what I am saying. 1% of our problems should be fired and you and I would not be on this blog

Can someone please give me an example of unfair discipline. I do not know of anyone that has been disciplined sucessfully. All of this talk about unfair treatment. Where?

Please help and just give me one example.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12