Morale
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Morale

Morale

Thought I would start a post on what everyone thinks of the current state of the departments morale.

Myself I have not seen things this bad in a very very long time (15+ years). At least since the Chief Weatherholt days

Just my opinion.

morale problems??? What are you talking about? There are a few bad apples that fan the fire to stir things up so they can step in for thier own agenda. (wanting to be K-9 OR DB bound, but are nor at this time) :roll: :roll: :roll:

morale

i think morale is fine here,sure you have some guys that are disgruntled but that's everwhere. if you want bad morale try the nypd for a week then you'll know what bad morale is. i know all the guys i work pretty much get along with each other and when the shit hit's the fan they are there to rock n roll if needed.

Wait till you get in the hot seat and then see how great it is. That is one of the problems here, everyone says it is agreat place until they get screwed, because it is easier to turn a blind eye than stick up for right vs. wrong...

morale

i only know of two places that are great suffolk and nassau but they make 140,000 a year. i know i could be on the hot seat real fast but i think morale is much better here then i had it in ny and that's the only thing i could compare it to.

You only get in the hot seat when you do stupid things. The people who cry the most are the stupid ones that think they are above the law. Wrong answer, you should be punished for your wrong(s). Maybe this is why the stupid people want the PBA to come here. The PBA fights for stupid people. The FOP wants you to act like an adult and take your medicine like a BIG person. The FOP has always stood up for those who have made mistakes and are ready to be an adult. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

[quote="SRDV3"]PBA fights for stupid people. The FOP wants you to act like an adult and take your medicine like a BIG person. The FOP has always stood up for those who have made mistakes and are ready to be an adult.
    The fop doesnt stand up for all employees, just the ones they either like or are willing to fight for. Your CORRECT about the pba, they do fight for the stupid ones, but thats part of their job. I guess you assume that all of us are treated fairly. You must not have been around the last decade when certain people received discipline while others were treated with kid gloves. The irony here is that i support the fop and dont care for the pba, but i just want people to know the truth. If the fop has worked for you then great, its secured great contracts, but they need to step up and help these guys. I will now try to make more meetings to express my opinion.

fair or unfair that is life. I have been here the last 10 years and have seen things that should not be allowed. Our present admin truely cares.... If they did'nt then we would have seen between 5-10 guys fired.... Maybe we are problem meaning WE (line ofc) have become too soft. We have guns and badges, it is time to grow up. Unfair, I remember seeing a young Ofc sit at the front desk because of an injury (off-duty) He was there for a period time. Our Admin did not fire him, they did the Right Thing and worked with him. Do you BSO would have done that. NO WAY. Get off your soap box :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink: :wink:

SRDV3 - you really need to piss in a cup if you think this administration cares ! puh-lease ! If they did, more than half of the unfair discipline would not have been handed down. As far as the only ones who want the PBA are the stupid ones is ludacrous. The FOP takes the path of least resistance when it comes to dealing with Administration. The PNA fights for you - right - wrong - guilty or not - because that is their job. Yes, a lot of cops do stupid things, some knowingly & with malice , others without. They are all union members who should be treated fairly and equally. The reason this is an unpopular opinion is because now the ones that were getting away with everything will now be held accountable. Their protection will be gone. You said they care because they fired between 5-10 guys ? What does that prove? Not a thing!! And yes , you are correct, the line Officers have become too soft - but I believe this starts with soft FTO's.....

There's probably no one left from the McCardel era, but if there is one, ask him/her about morale. He ran off several officers: one is now a deputy chief again after retiring as a dep chief in his previous dept (bigger than Davie); another is a major in a Fla SO (bigger than Davie), another is a Lt in a dept bigger than Davie, another is a road sgt in a dept bigger than Davie. How about officers being found not at fault in crashes by both the investigating agency, then the ARB, then having the chief overturn that and find them at-fault and handing out suspensions. How about a motor officer, who was sick, being asked by the road sgt to stay until someone who was called in could arrive, then being taken off of motors because he fell asleep with a 103 fever. How about re-doing the organizational chart by eliminating positions because he didn't like the ones on the promotional list
    How about an employee of the chief's dinner buddy being arrest for Battery LEO, then trying to get the officer to drop charges.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast