The lone Deputy - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The lone Deputy

K9Iam,

Forgot to add the reason I don't think the hiring process changed much is that of the few new hires I've met, most said it took around a month to be hired once they dropped the app's.

First off, I am glad I found this site!!

Anyways, I was wondering if the deputies are allowed to add extra stuff to their patrol cars (Lights, sirens, etc)? My agency lets us do it if we pay for the lights, but I just get the Free stuff from FHP surplus.

Thanks for any info!

FlDep4U,

Yes you are allowed to add that stuff to your cruiser, I've put in deck/dash/side LED's as well. I want to get some grill and rear license plate LED's later. FHP surplus; can you hook me up on how to check that out as well?

Thanx...

Adding that extra stuff is at your own expense here too.

Junior Member LEO Affairs Rookie
    Panhandle Po-Po,

What is the phone number to HR and who do I need to talk to?

Thanks
    K9
    You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith. -Mary Manin Morrissey

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle Po-Po
    FlDep4U,

Yes you are allowed to add that stuff to your cruiser, I've put in deck/dash/side LED's as well. I want to get some grill and rear license plate LED's later. FHP surplus; can you hook me up on how to check that out as well?

Thanx...
    Thanks!

Contact Troop A in Panama City (main office) and ask for the fleet surplus phone number. You can get strobes, leds, Smart Sirens, partitions, etc... The list is endless.

Surplus

Quote Originally Posted by FLDep4U

Anyways, I was wondering if the deputies are allowed to add extra stuff to their patrol cars (Lights, sirens, etc)? My agency lets us do it if we pay for the lights, but I just get the Free stuff from FHP surplus.

Thanks for any info!
    Where do you get ahold of the FHP surplus stuff?

FLDep4U,

The HR contact person is Mrs. Viola Cooper. The S.O. is in the process of moving into a new headquarters building so I don't know HR's new telephone number. Call administration at 850-892-8186 and they should be able to get you their number.

Re: Surplus

Quote Originally Posted by S FL Cop
    Quote Originally Posted by FLDep4U

Thanks for any info!
    Where do you get ahold of the FHP surplus stuff?
    I get mine from the surplus shop in Bradford County...

Quote Originally Posted by Panhandle Po-Po
    FLDep4U,

The HR contact person is Mrs. Viola Cooper. The S.O. is in the process of moving into a new headquarters building so I don't know HR's new telephone number. Call administration at 850-892-8186 and they should be able to get you their number.
    10-4, Thank you!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast