Jumping Ship - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Jumping Ship

Re: Inner Peace

Who says I'm miserable :?: I'm as happy as anyone can be because I enjoy my work. But I got into law enforcement to fight crime and injustice. (it may sound corny, but deep down I think that why we all did) But what do you do when the injustice is within your own department :?:

Quote Originally Posted by Dirty Sanchez
    Some unhappy people will leave to go to better paying, more rewarding jobs and some Unhappy people will lay around and try to make everyone else as miserable and Pitiful as they are, right "SHADOW"? :twisted:

Re: Inner Peace

[quote="The Shadow"]Who says I'm miserable :?: I'm as happy as anyone can be because I enjoy my work. But I got into law enforcement to fight crime and injustice. (it may sound corny, but deep down I think that why we all did) But what do you do when the injustice is within your own department :?:
    Don't you remember what Thumper's mom said? If you don't have anything good to say don't say nothing at all. I believe you should set a good example and do your job to the best of your abilities no matter what kind of crap is going on around you. Injustice is not stopped by bad mouthing your squad, platoon, corp, or department. It's stopped by direct, head on confrontation. I get into trouble for saying things, but I get them out to the people that need to hear them. I do not believe you can change things from the background screaming about the injustice behind the backs of those you think are creating the injustice. :twisted:

Are you drunk? Because I don't understand what the hell you are saying. Just so everyone knows IT IS TRUE! The adminstration is dirty, promotions are a dog and pony show and it really is who you know, not what you know. You can't ignore the truth it is so obvious it is funny. You can try to cover up or paint over the truth by writing or saying something you think is profound, but the truth will still be the truth.

Sorry that you feel that your more qualified for the job. Study, learn and you will get ahead. *****ing will get you no where and doesn't help in your leadership skills either. Remember, everything you hear isn't true and the department is a great place to work, call you commissioners and tell them you want a raise to match other departments in this area. Use your enegry in a positive matter and be productive. You pushing the department down will only push yourself down as well. One for all, all for one.

What the Hell?

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Are you drunk? Because I don't understand what the hell you are saying. Just so everyone knows IT IS TRUE! The adminstration is dirty, promotions are a dog and pony show and it really is who you know, not what you know. You can't ignore the truth it is so obvious it is funny. You can try to cover up or paint over the truth by writing or saying something you think is profound, but the truth will still be the truth.
    No, I am not drunk. If I were I believe we could party because you are a sad depressed overburdened soul in need of a vacation. The administration I work for is straight forward and direct and doesn't beat around the bush when it comes to solving problems. You are right I can not ignore the truth, but obviously YOU can. Maybe you will have to try harder the next time on your interview and maybe you will get the promotion that YOU think you deserve. GOOD LUCK! The only painting I see around here is the vulgar, deceiptful graffiti you are trying to sling on our departments walls. Take a Valium and relax.

Is another name about to be added to the list?

So is another name about to be added to the out of here list? I hope he's not treated as badly as the last one to leave. You'd think that after that much dedication he would have been sent off with a little more respect.

hey guest 357...... get a life

You really need to grow up and stop eating ho ho's and ding dongs. You could not even step into Sexton's shoes as a leader. Sexton is a outstanding leader. We need more men like him who actually set examples by doing and not hiding. I bet you would not see him leading two of his officer's to break the rules and palce themselves in danger. You need to get a grip! :wink:

Re: hey guest 357...... get a life

You mean like the one that is going to be working the metal detecter soon?

Quote Originally Posted by shh
    You really need to grow up and stop eating ho ho's and ding dongs. You could not even step into Sexton's shoes as a . is a outstanding leader. We need more men like him who actually set examples by doing and not hiding. I bet you would not see him leading two of his officer's to break the rules and palce themselves in danger. You need to get a grip! :wink:

WC Management

All of the people that have left WC have had good reasons, not all because of what the county has done to them, but it sure did play a big part. The problem lies with the higher ups at the sherriffs dept. The ones who don't actually have to go out on the road but sit behind their fluffy desks, & push pencils and paper around all day. They are the ones you have to look out for. They could care less about the patrolmen. Often there are no more than 2 or 3 officers covering WC at any given time. The last officer that left actually turned in a couple of weeks notice so that they could have ample time to get their slot covered. Instead of working to cover that slot, the babies of higher management just told that officer that he had comp time just to quit now. Why we ask, who knows! With people like that running the county the patrolman don't stand a chance, nor do the citizens. Now I ask would you want to stay & work for an outfit like that. In closing, I really wish that everyone would get off of Sexton's back. He is an excellent caring officer who can only do so much without losing his own job. His hands are tied. If he did decide to leave who could blame him.

Re: WC Management

No one has been able to put it into focus so well. I completely agree. It isn't so much the patrolofficers that make working here so bad, but the puzzle palace and the stunts they pull. And Sexton is one of the best supervisors that we have. Who could blame him for going elsewhere if the right circumstnaces came up.

Quote Originally Posted by hsniffer
    All of the people that have left WC have had good reasons, not all because of what the county has done to them, but it sure did play a big part. The problem lies with the higher ups at the sherriffs dept. The ones who don't actually have to go out on the road but sit behind their fluffy desks, & push pencils and paper around all day. They are the ones you have to look out for. They could care less about the patrolmen. Often there are no more than 2 or 3 officers covering WC at any given time. The last officer that left actually turned in a couple of weeks notice so that they could have ample time to get their slot covered. Instead of working to cover that slot, the babies of higher management just told that officer that he had comp time just to quit now. Why we ask, who knows! With people like that running the county the patrolman don't stand a chance, nor do the citizens. Now I ask would you want to stay & work for an outfit like that. In closing, I really wish that everyone would get off of Sexton's back. He is an excellent caring officer who can only do so much without losing his own job. His hands are tied. If he did decide to leave who could blame him.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast