PBA Contract
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PBA Contract

PBA Contract

First, the "dawg" needs to give it up, he has made his point, he's an idiot. He's an idiot that has figured out how to use the emoticons.

Second, it seems as though the Sheriff is trying to back us into a corner with our raises, either sign the contract or you don't get your raise. Seems as though we got our raises before, even when we were trying to resolve issues with a contact. What's the difference now? We see more and more people being promoted or being brought in at a high rate of pay, yet we are told there is not money for longevity pay? What gives? Why don't we get rid of the Chief of Staff and a few other "directors" and well with the Chief of Staff's position alone that would save the taxpayers over $75,000 a year and not to mention all the money we would save on her gas. All we want is to get what we deserve. It is apparent things have not changed and they won't.

Thank you to all that have put your time and effort into the PBA and negotiations. Without any of you we would not have gotten as far as we have.

Ouch! An idiot? Actually you are right about the emoticons though. I guess if we don't agree with your thought process, we are an "idiot." To clarify things, the April 1, 2007 deadline for the 1/2 % raise was made many, many months ago. The fact that you "idiots" want more than she can give has caused the delay in your raise. Look no farther than yourselves if you want to play the blame game. Since we are financially strapped, why don't you donate your salary for lapse money. Oh yeah, that means you would have to quit and possibly find a job in this county that pays more money without an educational requirement. I have heard the grass is pretty green in Polk County. Without the PBA, come Friday you would have your raise like the others. With the PBA, you won't. So ask yourself, what has the PBA done for you? I'll tell you in terms even an "idiot" can uderstand. NOTHING. They take $32.00 a month, send you a nice little calender and sticker at the end of the year, and send you a news letter showing a bunch of fat PBA guys hob knobing with the legislators at their various functions. Oh by the way, paid for by the money you send them each month. The only help they have been to this agency is when you have to pull the trigger. I don't remember seeing them at the Sottile funeral giving out food and water. I do remember seeing FOP there, doing exactly that. The PBA guys must have already eaten. That's what I think!

" The fact that you "idiots" want more than she can give has caused the delay in your raise. Look no farther than yourselves if you want to play the blame game. Since we are financially strapped, why don't you donate your salary for lapse money. Oh yeah, that means you would have to quit and possibly find a job in this county that pays more money without an educational requirement." Wow what a motivating supervisor you are and we can tell you are by the term "lapse money". I wonder Dawg if the Sheriff wanted to know who you were would you tell her? Probably not but I darn sure will tell her who I am. She chose you as a leader and all you do is get on here behind your name and lower morale more than it already is. That is just another link on your chain that should not be holding others back because you have problems and want no one to prove you wrong as it has been done in the pass...
    Another thing who cares who was the ones handing out the water at the Funeral it was not done for publicity was it? No, it was suppose to be for support for the Officer's in attendance. Don't throw in anything about the Sottile's in this they are not even part of the Sheriff's Department. The majority that attended were grateful for the water. By the way were you there out of compassion or just to show your gold...

Sounds like I struck a nerve. Please tell us all who you are so we can look up to you because of your strong leadership traits. Has it ever occured to you that the majority of the rank AND file support the sheriff. It's only a few disgrunts that don't. They post under numerous different names so it looks like we have a morale problem. A miniscule at best turn out at the PBA meetings speaks volumes. The Sottile comment warrants no comment for obvious reasons. Facts are facts and your response contained an age old political tactic called deflection. You didn't even answer the questions posed, so again, please tell me what the PBA has done for the members. I did not intend to endorse FOP, but merely stated a FACT. I seem to remember a mandatory meeting not too long ago that was chaired by the sheriff. She gave a "state of the union" update then, so you are surprised why? Get your head out of the sand and lead us all to the promised land. I've got my bags packed. Just tell me where and when, and I'll hope aboard. Thats what I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dem Dawgs
    The only help they have been to this agency is when you have to pull the trigger. I don't remember seeing them at the Sottile funeral giving out food and water. I do remember seeing FOP there, doing exactly that. The PBA guys must have already eaten. That's what I think!
    Your reference here is a low blow, that really explains your character. That's pretty weak, man. Bet you'd be happy to pay your PBA dues if you ever are in the position to "pull the trigger". Just ask your co-workers that have. Assuming you do more than ride a desk. Don't blame the PBA for our sheriff deciding to use the contract situation as leverage. That also speaks volumes. I can see why you sympathize with the sheriff and slam the PBA. You two think alike.

The money is there, "dawg" so quit fooling yourself. And for God's sake, show some respect and leave Nick's Funeral out of your PATHETIC argument.

You too or did you just change your screen name? Talk about spinning an issue. Let me get this straight, if you say negative things about the PBA, you have no character. But if you support the PBA, you have character. I'm starting to see the logic now. Thanks for clarifying things. And you wonder why there is no contract. A mere fact of who was supporting the officers and their families during the tragic event was pointed out. Don't try to make this something other than what was clearly stated. That my friend is bad sportsmanship. I wish you all the luck in the world ratifying the contract because I have alot of friends who support the sheriif, and they didn't get their raise because of a few disgrunts. Thats a sad testimony to all of the good she has done.

HCSOLEO

Dawg, your statement,
    "I wish you all the luck in the world ratifying the contract because I have alot of friends who support the sheriif, and they didn't get their raise because of a few disgrunts. Thats a sad testimony to all of the good she has done."
    You do not have a dog in this fight and really it is not even a fight just some standing up for what they think is right. Your friends were invited to the PBA meeting whether they were a member or not. Don't you think they should be the ones on here not you. Apparently you are up in the ranks making over $60,000.00 per year which is almost twice what any road LEO makes, and they are the ones out there busting it and d*mn them if they stand up to something. The Sheriff is not on here she is handling it at the Office, like any other Rank should do. Your not in this and you will not strong anyone into changing their mind. Go change your depends then get your penciled sharpened and leave this alone.
    About PBA if you are not a member that is your loss. They will be there for any member at the time needed. If an officer losses their life they are one of the first there to help the family financially. If an Officer needs legal representation they have a staff to lead them in the right direction. There is also a life insurance policy that is available. Only to name a few of the things besides the contract talks. Well worth the $32.00 a month.
    On the Sheriff you are the only one trying to get negative remarks said about her, once again I don't see her on here. Don't you have important Supervisor things to do instead of stirring a pot you don't have a spoon for?

to think that the sheriff would sink so low and post on this garbage site is absurd. This site reminds me of the supermarket tabloids. i was recently told about this site and how embarassing it must be for the entire office. i have watched and now i will say my piece. grow up ladies and gentlemen and stop the bickering. their are so many more important things in life to worry about. no need to respond as i will not post anytrhing else.

Thank goodness "ifuonlyknew" won't be posting again. The "dawg" needs to grow up, which will never happen.

The sheriff may only have a "few" friends, but we aren't making this about friends, this is about our careers and standing up for what we believe in. Why doesn't she look and see why Polk doesn't have a contract, she goes to him for everything else.

We only want what is right and was told to us and not be strong armed into accepting something just to get our raises.

And as for the comment at Nick's funeral, it is the lowest of lows, you are truely pond scum "dawg". But I guess you came to show yourself and to see what there was to eat, the rest of us were there because we lost our brother.

[quote="Dem Dawgs"]Let me get this straight, if you say negative things about the PBA, you have no character. But if you support the PBA, you have character. I'm starting to see the logic now. Thanks for clarifying things. And you wonder why there is no contract.

NO. You have no character because you blindly slam something you know nothing about- or only know enough to make you sound ridiculous (in addition to your screen name). The word "negotiation"- look it up. THAT is why we have no contract. One side refuses to bend and then uses the whole issue as a pressure point on the Deputies. A good tactic for the agency to get what it wants. At least for now. :?

AND, the character point was mostly made because you draw a comparison between FOP and PBA and make reference to them during an LEO's Funeral? Are you out of your mind???? That is horrible. Again, I will state what I said above, because evidently you do not read too well.

Show some respect and leave Nick's Funeral OUT OF your PATHETIC argument.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast