where are they now - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Quote Originally Posted by guest99
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    darn, you guys ***** about records, pro cap, radios and who sends what to who.. is there anyone there at PCSO that likes the job.... you sound like pre school kids...

OMG !!!!!!!!!! WE BICH ABOUT RADIOS NOT WORKING AND MANPOWER... how the HELL DO WE DARE ! YOU MORON its called OFFICER SAFETY. That concept is NOT IMPORTANT HERE. Radio reception when we are chasing burglary suspects on foot is importance. And lets seee.... backup deputies are also needed. This aint Mayberrry here Opie... some things are necessary. IF YOU had any family in law enforcement perhaps you would see the necessity of such things. But if the apple dont fall far from the tree.... im sure GLAD you dont have family in Law enforcement.

I am in Law Enforcement.. guess that makes me a moron too.. I just do my job and dont cry about it... become a supervisor and make changes.. oh no better to cry about the hard life you have.. what do you have 2-3 years under your belt??? Talk to some that have 20-30 years, then you can see just how good you have it now,,,

Quote Originally Posted by slop, drop and still work
    darn, you guys ***** about records, pro cap, radios and who sends what to who.. is there anyone there at PCSO that likes the job.... you sound like pre school kids...

OMG !!!!!!!!!! WE BICH ABOUT RADIOS NOT WORKING AND MANPOWER... how the HELL DO WE DARE ! YOU MORON its called OFFICER SAFETY. That concept is NOT IMPORTANT HERE. Radio reception when we are chasing burglary suspects on foot is importance. And lets seee.... backup deputies are also needed. This aint Mayberrry here Opie... some things are necessary. IF YOU had any family in law enforcement perhaps you would see the necessity of such things. But if the apple dont fall far from the tree.... im sure GLAD you dont have family in Law enforcement.

Guest99 Officer safety is what YOU make of it, it is not back up.. well before back up can get to you.. I think officers are way to dependant on back up to the point that they cant work alone... I see and hear calls for back up way more than needed,, as for radios, well there was a time that we needed to find a phone to get what back up there was and it might be a hour away... MADE MEN out us. We learned officer safety pretty quickly. Of the officer shootings you have had in Polk, how many were in a area that back up was seconds away and how many where back up was a long distance away... I bet the shootings happened where back up was close...

I am in Law Enforcement.. guess that makes me a moron too.. I just do my job and dont cry about it... become a supervisor and make changes.. oh no better to cry about the hard life you have.. what do you have 2-3 years under your belt??? Talk to some that have 20-30 years, then you can see just how good you have it now,,,

to the above GUEST... you know I HAVE been a leo a tad longer then that.. .. and also... lets see its 2007 . We dont have to push our cars uphill in the snow anymore... we HAVE radios that WOULD work if they had enough towers , and since Sept. our shifts have decreased so getting back up in ANY situation is NOT that rapid... hmmm we also dont have the bubble light on top of our k cars. Times have changed.

Oh the "K" car, be still my heart, our first drive home car, some even made it home without Howard having to add bailing wire...

to the above GUEST... you know I HAVE been a leo a tad longer then that.. .. and also... lets see its 2007 . We dont have to push our cars uphill in the snow anymore... we HAVE radios that WOULD work if they had enough towers , and since Sept. our shifts have decreased so getting back up in ANY situation is NOT that rapid... hmmm we also dont have the bubble light on top of our k cars. Times have changed.
    I take it that you are not a Corky fan??? Well he will have to run for election again and you can do your best to put up someone that will understand the shorthanded shifts, crappy radios, stupid pro cap, bad supervisors that let women dress in belly shirts and all the other bad things that are going on there... Perhaps the Ledger would like to know of the problems... Soon you will have Eagle Lake and their officers in the ranks...

job

i love my job. we are all short handed,and that's tough to live with. probably best not to bash the people we depend on without offering a solution. more often than not,i just reprint my report from the laptop. i'm only interested in my narrative anyway.

pw

We have it good at PCSO

full off-duty use of your patrol car when gas prices are well over $3, free laptop computer with full internet access at (typically) broadband speed, insurance coverage (which when there is an increase, the county usually absorbs so we don't see it), a car radio which allows you to talk to Tokyo, a Sheriff and upper staff which fully supports their people (when the people are in the right), a car full of equipment (to include stop sticks, flashlight, extra radio battery on an in-car charger, shotgun, rifle if you want one, every report form known to man), any type of stationary you need to do your job more efficiently, the provision of everything you wear everyday (with the exception of socks, underwear, t-shirt, footwear, and sunglasses), a Glock .40 caliber handgun with attached light for low-light combat, GPS system to find your way around, a range that is open every day for you to practice your firearm skills, tuition reimbursement at state rate for college education... for ANY degree you WANT, salary incentive up to a master's degree (which is the exception, not the norm), dozens of specialty units to apply for, not a dime out of your pocket for state retirement.

I'm sure I'm forgetting something, but we have it pretty good at the Polk County Sheriff's Office. When you start feeling down, go to www.theledger.com and look at the evaluation done at Bartow P.D. and see what they are having to go through right now, or talk to other people at other agencies and compare things with them. If you've never worked anywhere else, you probably are one crying, if you've worked elsewhere, you can really appreciate what we have at PCSO. Believe me, we could have it A LOT worse than the minor things we tend to complain about.

MINOR THINGS we cry about.. yeah your are sooo right.. working with less then HALF the manpower we should have per shift... no backup .... yeah those are petty details because WE HAVE FREE POST IT NOTES AND BLACK INK PENS...

and we can talk to TOKYO on our radios ??? YEAHHHHhh thats why when we get out of our cars our hand helds give us an OUT OF RANGE signal, busy signals, or plain out CANT be understood.

But hey, officer safety dont mean @#@! as long as we have free stationary . If you are trying to be a recruiter you REALLY need to wake up.

Andy and Barney never needed no stinkin radios... I guess if there are no radios there is no crime.. Aunt Bea's chicken always looked good...

Its not camera grady you work for.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345