where are they now - Page 3
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thanks Guest 99

Thanks Guest 99!! The reports normally are lost either during seperation or while being in distribution.. there's not been one case yet where the analyst or data entry have lost the reports. And some have even been found to be lost in process of being signed off..

kind of funny to me... where in the hell did the topic of pro(crap) and analysts go into the "WHERE ARE THEY NOW" topic ??????

It's not the system; It's how the numbers are interpreted and taken as absolute indicators of success or failure. We all know that 25 smashed mail boxes can push a district over the edge and in to the realm of.... "look how bad you guys/gals screwed up". But are 25 smashed mail boxes an indicator of society going to hell in a hand basket?? Of course not!! Some are sharp enough to realize this but others are apparently not. The system works if we don't get so focused in on numbers that we lose our objectivity. Remember, if we won every day, 100% of the time... pretty soon we would all be out of a job... I hear Walmart is hiring... what you guys think? LOL, just kidding.[/img]

thats exactly right. If you have a backwoods sector like 22.... they may have 2-3 burglaries... then the next month they have 6 ... 100% increase in crime you lousey deputies!!!!!!! you need to do your jobs..... WHERE is the accountability on umm PROCAP UNITS and ECHO UNITS ?????

we are told to stop cars... run radar.... give tickets... (TRAFFIC UNITS)
    we are told to get warrants !!! (WARRANTS UNITS)
    we are told to handle the call in the COPS areas (COPS UNITS)
    we are told to go herd cattle (TANGO UNITS)

i am in NO WAY knocking the afore mentioned units but PATROL gets screwed over !! we are expected to do ALL OF THOSE a day AND answer 20 calls for service and write reports all day. And when the higher ups hear we just CANT pull it off with the allotted manpower on the roads..... all they have to says is "i dont want to hear it"

well u know unless u $&*@ us some deputies.... we AINT gonna do all that

Quote Originally Posted by guest99
    thats exactly right. If you have a backwoods sector like 22.... they may have 2-3 burglaries... then the next month they have 6 ... 100% increase in crime you lousey deputies!!!!!!! you need to do your jobs..... WHERE is the accountability on umm PROCAP UNITS and ECHO UNITS ?????

we are told to stop cars... run radar.... give tickets... (TRAFFIC UNITS)
    we are told to get warrants !!! (WARRANTS UNITS)
    we are told to handle the call in the COPS areas (COPS UNITS)
    we are told to go herd cattle (TANGO UNITS)

i am in NO WAY knocking the afore mentioned units but PATROL gets screwed over !! we are expected to do ALL OF THOSE a day AND answer 20 calls for service and write reports all day. And when the higher ups hear we just CANT pull it off with the allotted manpower on the roads..... all they have to says is "i dont want to hear it"

well u know unless u $&*@ us some deputies.... we AINT gonna do all that

I guess if you cant change it, dont like it, then you might want to look for another job that will let you do as you want, not what the boss wants...

oh no it not that we dont WANT to do those things... believe me i personally would rather do that all day then deal with BS calls ! but when you have to hump calls all day... miss lunch.... maybe not even get a chance to pee.... then get biched at in briefings because you didnt pull warrants and stop cars and run radar THAT IS when it gets a bit old.

procap

Well- to the person who said "You carry a gun and are scared to talk to your boss" ....Apparently you have never been to those meetings..(i.e. Breakfast with the Sheriff) or S.W.O.T where you tell them your concerns and shortfalls. You go there...tell them some of the issues of being understaffed (On the road and in the jails). They give you the line: Well just do the best that you can. I've been there and done that and was shot down for comments, they only want to hear positive comments. Oh and after you get back to work from those meetings...getting called in to the Administrative offices and asked about your comments??? Uh Yeah it's not all about manning up and saying where there are problems. Cause they don't want to hear it! There are alot of reasons the S.O is a great place to work. But, when you are in a job where your life is on the line day in and day out....(it's hard for us to take advise from an ANALYST about leaving our jobs and going somewhere else if we don't like it) BECAUSE WE NEED MORE DEPUTIES ON THE ROAD and IN THE JAILS to do our jobs effectively! No disrespect to you Mr or Mrs Analyst but there is no comparison on our job safety and yours.

I have to agree. We definately need extra man power in the jails and on the streets. Not only in one, but all substations I go in, I see some people joking and laughing, not one or two times, but ALL the time. I have NEVER seen them work. There are some hard working civilians and they are to be commended on the great job they do, however, when one of the slackers actually DOES their job, they get Civilian of the year, etc. All the hardworking civilians get is a PBA or a verbal, thanks. I see that with law enforcement and with detention staff as well. I go into the main S.O. and I see records section, laughing and joking, I have never seen some of them work. But I overhead some people last time I was at the main S.O. the records staff are alloted overtime because they are behind in filing reports. I hear that 4-6 pages of deputies reports are missing every 2-4 months. I once got a interoffice envelope with my original report that stated it was sent to lakeland courthouse and they were returning the report to me because they didnt know where to send it. WTH!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!??! THe DV battery report was 6 months old. This is also the same report that kept getting 'lost' Even when I hand delivered it. Some how its the deputies fault for not doing the report, not the filer. 1,2,3,4,5,6 etc, I can see how thats hard to file.

Interaction meetings are a waste of time. On the law enforcement side, we have asked about radios, radio towers, computer connections, etc. Stuff that is of our safety and we get the, well, we just installed a such and such priced tower, it should work, next question. Or if your computer connection goes down, how about you send us an email where its down at. Um, staff member, please rethink that statement before you say that again. I can understand that little things that are requested. more pay for training trainees.. we get, NOPE< next question. I can understand, thats extra money per trainee per week. I would rather have working officer safety equipment then extra 5-10 bucks on training trainees.

All I would like to see if SOME of those chiefs and Captains that dont do traffic stops or answer calls to do that just ONE day out of the month. YOu answering calls, taking reports. Not riding with a deputy to see what they do. For those Cheifs and Captains that do, Thank you. You have an understanding of what goes on with the road and as much as you are off the road, you are still helping out answering calls or doing traffic stops to understand what goes on. Your common sense of the road isnt all lost. A law enforcement upper staff should still keep in touch with its roots. we ALL start from patrol, the higher up you travel up the chain of command, the more you lose the road knowledge. What you think MIGHt be best for patrol, might not work anymore. Just because you are a patrol LT doesnt mean you work the road... exit out of the office, more then just for lunch or to go to the next substation for a meeting and answer calls.... oh and answering calls by the telephone doesnt count. thats just being an SSO.

....(it's hard for us to take advise from an ANALYST about leaving our jobs and going somewhere else if we don't like it)[quote:ay3g3exu]
    When I made that comment i was just a lil ticked off that someone was turning this conversation into not needing analysts & such & how we don't help. When I know for a fact we've helped solve cases others couldn't solve. Thats all.. sorry for anyone I angered.. & I actually repeated it from what looked like one of ur fellow deputies saying it.. & ran w/ it. We are some of those civilians that bust out behinds just to have to pat ourselves on the backs most of the time. So it's aggrivating that we know we've helped solve cases or helped out dets or deputies or whomever & either 1) get slammed on or 2) get no recognition.. which i can handle the no recognition better than being slammed on. We are only doing our jobs to help ya'll guys out w/ catching criminals.. so for those that don't like us or don't think we help.. sorry we try & have given others help in solving cases before.
    [/quote:ay3g3exu]

SORRY..

BOUT THAT I USED THE QUOTE WRONG.. NEVER TRIED DOING THE QUOTE BEFORE.. I WROTE WHAT WAS IN THE WHITE BOX.. MY BAD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast