Suggestion

Thread: Suggestion

Suggestion

There is not enough officers at BBPD to protect and serve the City of Boynton Beach. The 150 sworn needs to significantly increase at BBPD. The city's population has greatly increased in the past years but the BBPD has remained the same size.

This factor creates slow response times and officer safety issues. Residents are dissatisfied when it takes officers too long to respond to the scene. The city is crippled whenever there's a major incident and multiple officers are needed to work the scene. A common sense solution is to beef up the number of uniformed officers in each zone. This will free up other officers and decrease response time.

Please, do not take from the specialty units to add to road patrol. That numbers game never work in the past and could be the reason why the crime rate is so high at this point. If the specialty units were used properly they can play a key role in reducing crime in Boynton Beach.
    The speacialty units need to be adequatley manned to target specific crimes. A drug unit to target drugs, street crimes unit to target crimes such as burglaries, robberies and/or prostitution and a gang unit to tackle gang problem.

There are good officers at BBPD but Boynton has lost a lot more good officers for different reasons. Most will say they left for better work conditions.

The questions are.... What does the chief and his administration have to do to increase the number of sworn officers. When and how does Boynton intiate above-mentioned redeployment.

Very intelligent post, you are absolutely correct.

Time will tell with the new Chief, however I am willing to bet that he will do a great job.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Very intelligent post, you are absolutely correct.

Time will tell with the new Chief, however I am willing to bet that he will do a great job.
    He just needs to get a grasp on crime.

I think he has a good idea of what is going on. The only problem is finding what works and sticking with it.

I think he has a good idea of what is going on. The only problem is finding what works and sticking with it.
    What works? Nothing seems to work, and soon I'll have some stats that will blow your mind.

Sounds interesting.

Response

What exactly is the chief's response to the recent shootings in and around Boynton Beach? Is it reactive or proactive?

A little bit of both. He is trying to use the available PD resources as well as others to stop the nonsense. I think it will take awhile and alot of work to stop the gang related issues. It seems like he is willing to do whatever it will take.

A little bit of both. He is trying to use the available PD resources as well as others to stop the nonsense. I think it will take awhile and alot of work to stop the gang related issues. It seems like he is willing to do whatever it will take.
    I was at the meeting and all the Chief talked about was getting more money for the resources. He didn't even take a stand on the gang issue, but he did talk about preventing the tax cuts. I think it's going to take a joint effort with the Sheriff, Feds, FDLE and other cities to get rid on these gangs. Not one single agency can handle it on their own.

I agree with you completely.