Sad thing to see - Page 3
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

The retirement party was not racist. It was a little uncomfortable for those who didn't want to sit in and listen to a southern baptist type sermon. Not that there's anything wrong with that. the Asst Chief did not blast the union, she simply put her memories of the department's history, in poetic form.
    As for blacks in attendance giving their "amens", there was one particular older white woman, whose exclamations of agreement, where louder and more frequent than any blacks, or African-American individuals that were there.

The break room is available if you reserve it in advance. Chief Wright is a good person. Good people sometimes make mistakes, which I'm sure she has made her share, as have the rest of us. But she's has put her time in, and she's had enough. Let her go without this childish BS.

Did anyone else notice that the MAYOR was not there????

I wonder why?

Because she's not Southern Baptist

"CAN I GET AN AMEN" (as the congregation begins to dance with snakes)

The Mayor may not have been there but it was nice to see Bob Buckhorn there. He is not even in office and he is always there for TPD.

Re: guest

Quote Originally Posted by Uncomfortable
    It is sad. Some people worked really hard to put together a nice party for Chief Wright - almost all of them white. Then they had to sit for almost 2 hours with a big smile and listen to all of that. If you want to have a small drop-in reception for Chief Wright at the dept., fine, but if you want to have a sit-down, "can I get an Amen?" revival, racially motivated retirement party, then it absolutely should be private and not held at the police dept., where employees felt compelled to drop by and pay respect to the departing Chief.

I declare people will find anything to talk negative about. Tina Wright is a role model for all people of color. She has paid her debt to an often unapprective society. If she chose to give thanks to God for getting her through 26 1/2 years that's her business. People often use LEO affairs to down good people get a life.

Re: guest

[/quote]
    I declare people will find anything to talk negative about. Tina Wright is a role model for all people of color. She has paid her debt to an often unapprective society. If she chose to give thanks to God for getting her through 26 1/2 years that's her business. People often use LEO affairs to down good people get a life.[/quote]

It's not only that... The site allows for it. Of course it allows us to post anonymously, but still, to allow the venting of such blatent racist or negative remarks.....shameful.

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant

Ref: Was There

PostPosted: 03/24/07 21:18:06 Post subject: Sad thing to see

"I attended the retirement party of an Assistant Chief the other day. I have great respect for this Asst Chief and actually like her very much. However, I was quite saddened at the events the occurred at the retirement party.

I was stunned was a certain former Chief of the St Pete PD made his speech and it was as racist as they come. He beat the minority drum harder and harder. He accused the city of being racists and insinuated that they had held down blacks."

Brothers & Sisters across the Bay. I've got no beef with your retiring Assitant Chief Wright. Yes, there has been discrimination here in the south. It occurred in the past. Changes have been made. The current baby boomer generation witnessed it and secured freedom from it. But it is rearing up it's ugly face in a new and different way. The good ol' boy group of white supremacy is long gone. It's now the Boyz from the hood, that want everyone .. to pay for the sins of .. some. Sorry, but that's a false reality, & I don't buy into it. If I did, every person i know would have a beef with one or another ethnic group. Some of us have learned to overcome!

Over here on the east side of the Bay, we are very familiar with the racial cards being played. A true leader would have no need use smoke and mirrors. 'Was There' heard him. For a long time, we have been trying to reveal the true nature of the beast seated in St Pete. A Baptist style revival I can endure. But calling current officers racist, I object too.

Go.D himself is a racist of color and we've tried to warn everyone.

'Was There' : Private message me if you'd rather, to fill me in with what was said. SPPD officers need to know. After all... who do you think still runs this Department and We have to deal with on a day to day basis ??

Re: guest.....................

I declare people will find anything to talk negative about. Tina Wright is a role model for all people of color. She has paid her debt to an often unapprective society. If she chose to give thanks to God for getting her through 26 1/2 years that's her business. People often use LEO affairs to down good people get a life.[/quote]

It's not only that... The site allows for it. Of course it allows us to post anonymously, but still, to allow the venting of such blatent racist or negative remarks.....shameful.[/quote]

YEAH OK...............I guess it's better to do it publicly like her and the rest of her group!

I'm sorry, what "debt" did Tina Wright pay to an "unappreciative society". "Debt"???? Why would you call it a "debt"?

The only remark she made about the union was basically that (as opposed to when she started 26 1/2 years ago) now everything is ruled by union contract. Her speech was basically about the differences between then and now.

As for the Mayor, she is having a separate recognition at City Hall for Chief Wright this week, since Chief Wright's last day is Friday. The only current city council person in attendance was Gwen Miller.

GoD basically said he and Tina had paved the way for African Americans in law enforcement in this area. He recognized his own accomplishment as much as hers. I didn't think it was anything too outrageous.

Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast