Any Suggestions
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any Suggestions

Any Suggestions

My friend from PBSO told me the check this site out.

I've been here for 8 years. I can confirm there are no talks with PBSO on a merger. PBSO is a great agency with an amazing contract and benefits, and I wouldn't care what color uniform I wear I just enjoy being an LEO.

I have lots of friends who work for PBSO who love it, and I work for BBPD and I love it. As far as I'm concerned, we need to get over this whose better attitude and be cops.

Are there any suggestion's on how to make BBPD better?

Re: Any Suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by BBPD

I've been here for 8 years. I can confirm there are no talks with PBSO on a merger. PBSO is a great agency with an amazing contract and benefits, and I wouldn't care what color uniform I wear I just enjoy being an LEO.

I have lots of friends who work for PBSO who love it, and I work for BBPD and I love it. As far as I'm concerned, we need to get over this whose better attitude and be cops.

I work for Delray and what is it with you guys? Can you not control your city? There are so many problems start doing something!!

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

I work for Delray and what is it with you guys? Can you not control your city? There are so many problems start doing something!!
    As a resident of Boynton I couldn't agree with you more. The response time is horrible, and cops are rude and you never see one and they can't seem to do anything right. I can't wait to leave this screwed up city.

There is not enough officers at BBPD to protect and serve the City of Boynton Beach. The 150 sworn needs to significantly increase at BBPD. The city's population has greatly increased in the past years but the BBPD has remained the same size.

This factor creates slow response times and officer safety issues. Residents are dissatisfied when it takes officers too long to respond to the scene. The city is crippled whenever there's a major incident and multiple officers are needed to work the scene. A common sense solution is to beef up the number of uniformed officers in each zone. This will free up other officers and decrease response time.

Please, do not take from the specialty units to add to road patrol. That numbers game never work in the past and could be the reason why the crime rate is so high at this point. If the specialty units were used properly they can play a key role in reducing crime in Boynton Beach.
    The speacialty units need to be adequatley manned to target specific crimes. A drug unit to target drugs, street crimes unit to target crimes such as burglaries, robberies and/or prostitution and a gang unit to tackle gang problem.

There are good officers at BBPD but Boynton has lost a lot more good officers for different reasons. Most will say they left for better work conditions.

The questions are.... What does the chief and his administration have to do to increase the number of sworn officers. When and how does Boynton intiate above-mentioned redeployment.

Quote Originally Posted by Just a suggestion

There is not enough officers at BBPD to protect and serve the City of Boynton Beach. The 150 sworn needs to significantly increase at BBPD. The city's population has greatly increased in the past years but the BBPD has remained the same size.

This factor creates slow response times and officer safety issues. Residents are dissatisfied when it takes officers too long to respond to the scene. The city is crippled whenever there's a major incident and multiple officers are needed to work the scene. A common sense solution is to beef up the number of uniformed officers in each zone. This will free up other officers and decrease response time.

Please, do not take from the specialty units to add to road patrol. That numbers game never work in the past and could be the reason why the crime rate is so high at this point. If the specialty units were used properly they can play a key role in reducing crime in Boynton Beach.
    The speacialty units need to be adequatley manned to target specific crimes. A drug unit to target drugs, street crimes unit to target crimes such as burglaries, robberies and/or prostitution and a gang unit to tackle gang problem.

There are good officers at BBPD but Boynton has lost a lot more good officers for different reasons. Most will say they left for better work conditions.

The questions are.... What does the chief and his administration have to do to increase the number of sworn officers. When and how does Boynton intiate above-mentioned redeployment.[/quote/]

You are 100% correct. I don't see this happening anytime soon. With the state soon to cut property tax, the city manager explained to me they would have to cut the fire department project as well as cut the amount of officers on the road. I live in east Boynton and the other night my neighbor had a burglary in progress, when I called the police it took 9 mins for them to get there. This is happening everywhere and these tax cuts are only going to hurt Law Enforcement more. A couple of years ago, the Sheriff's Office was promising 25 officers a shift if they merged, I think that was under Bieluch. That would be great, but even the big Sheriff's Office is having staffing shortages. I know there are no talks now, which is fine, but BBPD has to beef up their patrols. I think the current Chief is doing a good job. I also saw 3 Boynton cops on I-95 the other night because there was a large accident. When I saw one the other day I asked about it and they said FHP had two Troopers in the whole county so BBPD had to stand-by for FHP to arrive. That's a bunch of BS. Well, all you officers in the county, PBSO, BBPD, and so forth are doing a damn good job. Keep up the good work.

"I work for Delray and what is it with you guys? Can you not control your city? There are so many problems start doing something!!"
    Whoa there high speeder! Are we to believe that Delray has no crime?

"As a resident of Boynton I couldn't agree with you more. The response time is horrible, and cops are rude and you never see one and they can't seem to do anything right. I can't wait to leave this screwed up city."
    As someone who is familiar with the police department and their personnel, I can't wait for you to leave either.

I agree that Boynton PD is not growing as fast as the City, however the Police Department personnel are still trying to keep it as safe as they can.

Good Work BBPD. Stay safe.

"I work for Delray and what is it with you guys? Can you not control your city? There are so many problems start doing something!!"
    Whoa there high speeder! Are we to believe that Delray has no crime?

[quote:3jh9v22t]"As a resident of Boynton I couldn't agree with you more. The response time is horrible, and cops are rude and you never see one and they can't seem to do anything right. I can't wait to leave this screwed up city."
    As someone who is familiar with the police department and their personnel, I can't wait for you to leave either.

I agree that Boynton PD is not growing as fast as the City, however the Police Department personnel are still trying to keep it as safe as they can.

Good Work BBPD. Stay safe.[/quote:3jh9v22t]

Wow you're an absolute prick. What are sleeping with the Chief? Every post you write you bash PBSO, you bash Delray, a now bashing the residents. You either work for Boynton, or you need to wipe the brown stuff off your nose. If things were so good, Boynton wouldn't be leading the county in murders and violent crime right now. You need to get your headed examined. I'm trying not to disrespect you, but it seems to you BBPD is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are no better than Delray, PBSO, West Palm, Gardens, Boca, and even Jupiter. Not to mention the Cheif of BBPD did a great job asking for more money today at the gang seminar at PBCC. Maybe he should have talked more about gangs instead of tax cuts. Immler is doing a great job, but maybe you should stop kissing his butt.

You are correct. After the shooting tonight in Lake Worth if you rear the following comments, people everywhere are talking about how bad Boynton is. Yet someone on still believes BBPD is doing a great job and that crime in non-existent in the city. Lake Worth PD and BBPD can't control their city. Belle Glade is bad, but they don't have as many homicides as Boynton or Lake Worth. http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... QLO0IIBEDJ

You are correct. After the shooting tonight in Lake Worth if you rear the following comments, people everywhere are talking about how bad Boynton is. Yet someone on still believes BBPD is doing a great job and that crime in non-existent in the city. Lake Worth PD and BBPD can't control their city. Belle Glade is bad, but they don't have as many homicides as Boynton or Lake Worth. http://www.topix.net/forum/source/south ... QLO0IIBEDJ
    I now work for a large agency in Washington. As a former Boynton Police Officer, I will say I love the officers I worked with in Boynton Beach. I have to agree with the above articles, things are out of control and I don't think BBPD can handle it. It's going to take a large agency with many resources or a tight joint operation to help reduce crime in Boynton. Boytnon has always had crime and always will. It will take an agency with tons of resources and man power to get crime under control. Boynton can't do it and can't afford to hire enough road patrol officers and specialized unit officers. Boynton is way too busy and will never have the resources of the county and they are on the verge of being the next Riviera Beach. Guys and girls stay safe out there you have a hard job.

Wow you're an absolute prick. What are sleeping with the Chief? Every post you write you bash PBSO, you bash Delray, a now bashing the residents. You either work for Boynton, or you need to wipe the brown stuff off your nose. If things were so good, Boynton wouldn't be leading the county in murders and violent crime right now. You need to get your headed examined. I'm trying not to disrespect you, but it seems to you BBPD is the greatest thing since sliced bread. They are no better than Delray, PBSO, West Palm, Gardens, Boca, and even Jupiter. Not to mention the Cheif of BBPD did a great job asking for more money today at the gang seminar at PBCC. Maybe he should have talked more about gangs instead of tax cuts. Immler is doing a great job, but maybe you should stop kissing his butt.
    Now, now lets not get childish. First you are incorrect about me bashing anyone, except the ridiculous comment by the resident who believes that he or she knows enough to generalize all BBPD officers. I believe that the agencies you mention are very good, I also believe that BBPD is very good.

Wow you're an absolute prick. What are sleeping with the Chief?
    You talk big, yet you have no idea who I am, or anything about me.

No doubt that you believe that you did your homework. You didn't do a good job! Boynton Beach is not leading the County in homicides.

Just to clarify since you apparently didn't get it the first time. I think that PBSO is an excellent agency, I think that most of the agencies in the County are very good.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast