Sector One
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sector One

Sector One

I here the station commander is all over you guys!!! Supposedly if the fto's aren't bringing in the numbers he is recommending you guys off the program?? Is that true??

Yes

That is 100% true. He is after E.G. and many others. I heard E.G. will be leaving sector 1 next bid. He is one of the best cops we have here. He has a lot of experience and knows his job very well. Yeah he has been around a long time and you can't expect him to swallow that code enforcement / trucks in residential like a new rookie, but that is expected. However, the Commander is riding E.G and some of the other veterans really hard. He thinks this is sector 4!!! Most of the afternoon guys are so busy with the ALF's and other sector 1 problems that they do not have much time for anything else, specially with the 4 officer minimum which is ridiculous.

E.G. you hang in there because I never worked the same shift with you, but I know that I wish I was half the cop you are. Yeah you are not the best traffic enforcer or code enforcer but you are one of the best COPS!

:x

Here's an idea for the FTO's being ridden. Drop out of the FTO program. You aren't getting anything special anyway. While you're at it slip on a banana peel at the gas pumps. Dam workers comp, looks like you'll be off the road for a while.

It is true and I heard a supervisor tried to help out E.G. but the commander didn't want to hear it and the D.C. really pushed the issue concerning E.G. It will the department's loss, losing a seasoned vet as an FTO. One that actually can do real police work. They should have at least given E.G. and other FTOs until the end of the month to bring up their citations. I for one could not care less if they pull me from the program.....screw that!!! The previous poster was right, we should all resign from the program!!

E.G. one of the best!

I know that many of the FTO's don't want to quit, but they should if they kick E.G. out of the program. OK he is not a state trooper!!! That does not mean he is not a good COP. There are FTO's that only have the knowledge to teach their trainees how to write tickets because the were never taught anything else. This is not a knock to the newer FTO's, but if you are not taught something it is hard to pass it on. I have seen E.G. doing his FTO thing and he teaches a lot of good skills that are needed as a new PO. Things that will prevent you from getting hurt and insights that only such a veteran officer can teach.

Again I am not excusing E.G. from being a state Trooper, because that's what HPD wants!! E.G the sad thing is that you will kicked out of the FTO program and not one other FTO will resigned protest! I can understand if they all got take homes that would be a big benefit to give up, but 5% only when training, please that's a joke. But that is HPD and will continue to be. It is what it is!

:x

Relax & wait!!! Look at the BIG picture. FTO is a specialty unit that get's 5%. If they kick you out, you can grieve it. Anything that effects your money is GRIEVABLE. They will then have to look at all FTO's stats. There are 41 FTO's I believe. HOLD ON STILL MORE...... Once you open the can of worms. S.W.A.T. guys left on the road. CRT your not safe either & since you dont get 5% you CAN NOT grieve it. SORRY GUYS. This is what I think might happen. New S.O.P.'s all specialty units that work patrol will meet the minimum patrol productivity or be kicked out of the unit. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Sector 1

It's unfortunate that it has come to this problem reference E.G. Not only is he one of the best FTO's we got, but without him, I would not have survived Sector 1. I am a better officer today because of E.G. was able to make me such. Sector 1 is one of the busiest sectors, specially on afternoons, you are call to call to be worrying about stopping grandpa or grandma at East 4 ave & 9 st for making the left hand turn after being at Sedanos. Citations will come and go but FTO's like E.G. don't come around as often.

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Relax & wait!!! Look at the BIG picture. FTO is a specialty unit that get's 5%. If they kick you out, you can grieve it. Anything that effects your money is GRIEVABLE. They will then have to look at all FTO's stats. There are 41 FTO's I believe. HOLD ON STILL MORE...... Once you open the can of worms. S.W.A.T. guys left on the road. CRT your not safe either & since you dont get 5% you CAN NOT grieve it. SORRY GUYS. This is what I think might happen. New S.O.P.'s all specialty units that work patrol will meet the minimum patrol productivity or be kicked out of the unit. Blah, Blah, Blah.

Its obvious that you do not know what you are talking about, coming up with some ridiculous ideas of what you believe will now happen and become SOP. SWAT guys that are on the road still work under the same stupid ticket quotas and productivity standards as everyone else because THEY STILL WORK THE ROAD Mr. Brains. Also, FTO's are not a specialty unit. If you want to write something, at least try and make some sense.

Leadership

I can not believe some of the garbage I have read. Mr. E.G. if it is the officer I think it is, is one of the laziest officers in the HPD. Mr. Concepcion do not stray from the truth because everything I have told you about these officers is true. Most HPD officers sad to say are very lazy and must be constantly pushed to do their job. There are some good officers, but overall HPD lacks quality. By the way Sergio great job in sector one. I have noticed the difference already.

The question you people must ask yourself is whether you really want to be here or not. I suggest if the answer is no, then move on because great leaders like Sergio are not going to put up with mediocre standards! None of you can tell me this or that because I worked at HPD longer than most of you and know all the tricks of the trade. I worked to hard for too many years at HPD to let some bad officers ruin the reputation of the department. All of you be on your toes because there is a new era coming to HPD. Remember that unlike some politicians that do not know about police work, those excuses will never work with me. I was catching 29 subjects while most of you where still in elementary school. I was officer of the month three times and received countless commendations. I have one of the best service records in the history of HPD. Sector 4 is what it is today because of my leadership and never accepting low standards. All of you have much work to do before you impress an Honored veteran like myself.

8)

Quote Originally Posted by LA MAFIA
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous

Its obvious that you do not know what you are talking about, coming up with some ridiculous ideas of what you believe will now happen and become SOP. SWAT guys that are on the road still work under the same stupid ticket quotas and productivity standards as everyone else because THEY STILL WORK THE ROAD Mr. Brains. Also, FTO's are not a specialty unit. If you want to write something, at least try and make some sense.

You are arguing with me about the same thing "stupid". The swat guys left on the road can be targeted if they do not write there quota. If they are going to kick out FTO's for not writing quotas, why would the (ROAD) swat guys be safe. READ & UNDERSTAND before you write. As for FTO not being a SPECIALTY UNIT. You have to do a SPECIAL REQUEST to be an FTO. FTO's have a FTS (Field Training SGT). FTO"s get 5% more pay than you. They have a car that says FTO & some of them wear a FTO pin on there uniforms. FTO's get an hour at the end of the shift when they are training. It might not be like other units but it is a unit. DEAL WITH IT!!! As for what I think might happen. How else is the dept going to deal with this. YOU HAVE NO IDEA!!. Dont insult other since your brain is to small to comprehend what is going on around you..

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast