Report on Matt Williams/DiOGi Shooting - Page 3
Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Hold up, when did this become a hit on the traffic unit..... Caveman Are you a traffic unit? Do you know what we do? PROLLY NOT!!!! for the DTA's everyone one of us hate them but they are like DV's gotta do them..

Lets see you work the agency crashes that involve a fatal.. The traffic unit members have more training in their field then almost any other field in this agency. So you see a traffic unit on the screen you have no idea what they are doing.. They have to follow up on S3's, deal with Deputies that cant drive and Fatal's you figure a small fatal report is no less than 50 pages and since the traffic unit doesnt do anything according to you, then you would know that last year alone they worked 40+ fatals, which not all members of the traffic unit can work due to lack of classes. So you figure interviews, dealing with SAO, filing charges, court they stay busy. So being able to get out of the office to write a few citations is a bonus so before you go bad mouthing a unit try working in that unit first!!!!

On one more Note to my last, The traffic unit is two completely different units you have the West side and East Side..... Which are run completely different...

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Well one of your own put the link on the ledger.com - so talk to that moron!!!
    Excuse me troll, I didn't see anything in that article that said that person was "one of our own" bye bye

I figure this is about time I write a message since I figured out this website from The Ledger forum.

This message is for Geico Caveman. Please be aware there are two different traffic units, east and west, which are both conducted extremely different. I cannot tell you what West side does for I come in contact with them on traffic initiatives and Sun and Fun. But I can tell you what I do, which is basically what the rest of the East Region traffic unit does.

I will do this, I will call you out, I'm McManus, 4310. I have nothing to hide. If you wish to express your anger towards traffic, please, talk to me in person. I'll try to help you with your anger management issues with traffic.

Not only did last year I take 52 DUIs, I took over 150-200 civilian crashes, 4 Fatals I was assigned to, over 600 citations (12 months, average 50 tickets, which is low but a rough average), assisted with Sun and Fun (takes up a week), teaching at the Training Center with the STEP, assist other deputies with their fatals, Parades, working Departmental Crashes, working county crashes, along with memos with people complain because they dont think they should have gotten a ticket, court, along with training new Traffic units for the east, as well as assisting my supervision with whatever tasks they need. On top of DTAs and writing tickets and having to attend classes pertaining to my position and what is required by the Sheriff's Office, which is my employer if I wish to keep a job with them. Oh did I tell you that I have my cell phone number posted so in case anyone needs any help, they are welcome to call at any time of day or night?

Granted, I may skip a few parking lot crashes or a simple driver's exchange because I have other things to do.

By no means am I complaining about my position as a traffic homicide investigator, I absolutely love it, but please be aware that I may not check out on every little thing I do because if I'm needed, I will go.

It really upsets me that you think all traffic unit is useless because all we want to do is write tickets. An average "normal" fatal usually takes up to 2-3 weeks on the average to begin, work and finish the report. The report is an average 30-80 pages depending on the crash and circumstances. I work really hard to help everyone in anything they need. So please, dont bash all Traffic if you are upset with one.

I look forward to hearing from you. I have to get back to work, thank you for your time.

Report on Matt Williams/DiOGi Shooting

McManus

ohh man!
    I know you, you gave me a speeding ticket once on south combee road.

I learned my lesson, thanks

COWARD....

TO THE INDIVIDUAL WHO MADE THE ENTRY AS "GUEST", STATING THAT ALL OF US WERE HIDING BEHIND OUR USER NAMES: FEEL FREE TO E-MAIL ME AT : SRMUNCHKIN@AOL.COM
    I FEAR GOD....NOT MEN. AND I WOULD LIKE TO HEAR FRO DEFENSE ATTY.

Traffic

I love working with you Laura. Any time I've got a s4 pending and your 10-8 (even when your not), you always speak up to take it. Some speak up for s4's and some don't. I know just because a unit is showing 10-8 doesn't mean their not working, so I try not to judge or assume.

Geico Caveman, don't judge the rest of the traffic division based on the actions of one unit. There are good deputies in traffic dept as well as in the agency.

Matt Williams

10-37
    you are not alone with your thinking! There are plenty of us out here that feel the same way. Matt is watching over all of us!! Be safe

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Talk about cowards - Each one of you are - in my book. Hiding behind user names.
    If you feel this way that is fine, however be man/woman enough to take credit for your bullsh!t.
    Pot calling the kettle black ? I noticed you didn't use your name either.

Some of you are making assumptions without the true facts.

I wonder how many of you have been in a firefight, been shot at, returned fire, or fought for your life? Is this your coping mechansim for dealing with the grief?

We all respected/loved Matt and he was a great K9 trainer/handler, I know he was a professional and proud of his craft.

I know Matt is certainly not proud of this display. Attacking one of your own? Causing contention within the ranks, bickering in public view. I am ashamed some of you wear the same badge and uniform I have defended for years. I defend your freedom of speech, but where is your pride and honor. If you have problems with Doug Speirs why don't you talk to him?

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast