Take Home Cars - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take Home Cars

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Quote Originally Posted by Ofc.
    You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps
    What car do they first issue out of FTO? How long until you get a brand new car? Also what kind of computers is JSO using now? Any info helps. Thanks
    They will issue you a CVPI when you first get out of FTO. The wait for the car depends on years of service. We are using Dell Laptops, which suck.
    Your computers seem to have nice operating software? Are they planning an upgrade? Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Ofc.
    You can take your car home up to 10 miles outside the county but only use it for personal use inside the county. The cars mostly are 2006/07 chevy impalas unless your a DUI unit. Another three hundred were just ordered. Hope that helps
    What car do they first issue out of FTO? How long until you get a brand new car? Also what kind of computers is JSO using now? Any info helps. Thanks
    They will issue you a CVPI when you first get out of FTO. The wait for the car depends on years of service. We are using Dell Laptops, which suck.
    I heard your cars are changing this year? Any truth to this?

Anyone advise what a CVPI is?

Anyone advise what a CVPI is?
    How about "Crown Victoria Police Intercepter"?

Dells suck? God, what are you people using thats so fantastic. Hialeah just got Dells, and man they're far superior to the Texas Instruments Tandys we had since 1985.
    I'm almost the f@ck out of south Florida. Its really bad down here. Bad pay, and man oh man what a cost of living. I've been thinking about moving north and always liked Jacksonville, but I dont know the area. Any suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by North Bound
    Dells suck? God, what are you people using thats so fantastic. Hialeah just got Dells, and man they're far superior to the Texas Instruments Tandys we had since 1985.
    I'm almost the f@ck out of south Florida. Its really bad down here. Bad pay, and man oh man what a cost of living. I've been thinking about moving north and always liked Jacksonville, but I dont know the area. Any suggestions?
    JSO is a great place

What is a deputy getting payed after about 5 years (take home), what about details. I know your in the FRS, do all details and over time go into that. Also do you pay anything for your take home.

JSO is not in the FRS. They are in a city pension and no detail money goes directly to the officer. The company or person requesting the detail is responsible for paying the city for the use of the officers car/uniform.

In reference to pay after 5yrs, you jump up to around 50,000 a year. You may live up to five mile outside the city/county and you pay nothing for the car however if you live outside the county, you must drive into the county to use it for personal use.

JSO is not in the FRS. They are in a city pension and no detail money goes directly to the officer. The company or person requesting the detail is responsible for paying the city for the use of the officers car/uniform.
    I heard the City pension is good, same as FRS. I also heard speculation of JSO moving to an FRS. Any truth to this?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast