Sector 1
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sector 1

Sector 1

So rumor has it that sector 1 is going to have a major shake up next bid... Why? If you ask any of the guys who work down there you will find out the is only 1 reason, the "station commander". How can one person cause so much trouble anywhere he goes in the Dept? Now to be fair, I dont know him from a personal standpoint, but everything I know, see and hear from a professional standpoint is not good.
    Here's a wild idea for you "commander", work with your people not against them. There are ALOT of very good cops down there that like to work and know what they are doing. I'm sure its safe to say they are much better cops than you have, are, and will ever be. Let them work, let them fight crime.
    You are the "commander" of a sector that has produced some of he best cops this dept has seen. Sector 1 is unlike any other sector in the city. The number of ALF's, low income family's and homeless are MUCH higher than anywhere in the city. What works in 4 or 5 will NOT work in 1. Many of the cops working in sector 1 have been there for a while, know what it takes and are willing to do it. Arresting a 43 panhandler is NOT going to solve the problem, they will be back the next day and not even know what happened. But not when thier "commander" is more concerned with who left a piece of paper in the roll-call room or the guy selling flowers.
    I know some of the things come from higher up, but you can choose how you go about it. Threatening the Officers and Sgt's is not going to solve anything. Treating Sgt's like idiots wont work, look in the mirror. The Sgt's working there have more knowledge and experience than you can imagine. Talk to them like co-workers, maybe you'll learn something. Maybe then things can change in sector 1. Maybe then you'll see how cops work, cops who love thier jobs and are loyal to thier sector.
    Work WITH the officers, not against them. You never know, maybe they'll end up making you look good. Fight FOR they guys, not AGAINST them. I'm sure its hard to change your years of incompetence and ignorance but just sit back and enjoy the ride into retirement.
    Again, nothing personal, just profesional. :!:

All I can say is wow!! Good piece and accurate at that. I work in sector one and can vouch for most officers and the Sgts too. It is too bad the Sgts have all these bogus contraints placed on them because they really care, especially about the officers. A shake up maybe, naw. try a mass exodus!!!

What does this commanders name rhyme with ?

McDonalds

This "commander" is a joke. He trys to tell everyone what to do, but has no idea himself. He second guesses himself all the time & is looking for reassurance from the captain. Yet he does not let his sgt's correct any problems. He assumes just because the command staff has not screamed at him ,he must be doing it right. The problem is they dont care until someone screams at them. What i love is when someone messes up,how quick he is to send an e-mail to all of sector 1. What happen to dicipline in private & praise in public.??? There are 6 sgt's & it looks like all 6 are going to leave. There are about 27 officer & it looks like 15 are leaving. All because of our great "commander" . Some problems are unavoidable & we have no choice but to deal with them. When you have someone who is constantly complicating the most simplest task, then is very quick to blame the officer without even talking to them..That show not only lack of common sence but lack of leadership..

Its really sad that the only reason sector 1 is being "led" by this "commander" is because he threatened to sue the department if not given the position with a racial discrimination law suit! Its embarrassing that a person with a masters degree writes e-mails using "ebonics". We all wonder how much he paid to obtain his degree! Did I fail to mention that he CC's the chain of command including the D.C. Our command staff doesn't tell him to stop because they all get amused by reading his inability to write a complete sentence. The "commander" is the command staffs first laugh in the morning. Our incompetent "commander" delegates every single task that is given to him to the Sergeants, then turns around and takes credit for all the work. If you have ever read a well written e-mail sent by the "commander" rest assure he had some assistance by either the sector 4 or sector 5 "commanders".

"Commander" be very careful as to how you demean your supervisors and officers via e-mail and CC the station along with the staff. I smell a "HOSTILE WORK ENVIORMENT" being filed pretty soon if you keep it up. We learn from you! Isn't that how you got what you wanted! :twisted:

:shock: You guys are on the money. This "commander" micro manages everything. He thinks he is the only one that knows whats going on. The sector 1 station new & old has been running for over 9 years. 2 Mayors, 6 station Lt's, 3 DC, 4 Patrol Captain's, alot of officers & Sgt's. The problems are still the same, what makes you think that you can fix it with your poor leader skills. STOP creating extra work! Let your station Sgt's do there job. Stop threatening Sgt's & officers of possible disciplinary action!! Stop sending e-mails to the Captain about internal matter that you should be able to take care of yourself!!! Stop insulting your Sgt's by telling them if they are bored you can find them more work to do. Read the e-mail it was well written & to the point.. You think everyone is out to get you.. Wrong we are trying to stop you from destroying the station. If we cant stop you then we are leaving. HOSTILE WORK ENVIORMENT sounds right to me. :!:

The worst thing in this world is an incompetent person with power...

Punks

All of you make me sick. Sector one this sector one that. Get over the fact this place will always be run the same way as long as we have the same leadership! I will bet any of you not more than one sergeant leaves sector one!! Everyone here talks, but no one takes action. None of the sergeants are going to leave because they can make more money there!! And that is the only thing this place is about.

If you get dispachted to a man with a gun call I will take a bullet for you if I have to. No regrets. But if you go out there are start crap and be proactive you are on your own. This place does not care about you, so I f you choose to do things for them other than what you have to, you are on your own.

Don't give me the crap that you do it for yourself. For if that was the case you would work for free (Which we do compared to other departments!!). Again don't put me in any more danger than I have to be in for this place! At least if I was shoot in the County I would have had enjoyed having a take home car, and better extra duty pay!!! So go ahead and get killed for this place I won't even bother going to your funeral. I hope that HPD will take care of your family when you are gone, because no one else will.

The station commander is there because your leaders put him there. Do not blame him, he does what he has always done. If he does not have the right stuff to be a station commander then your leadership should not have put him there. So stop whinning like babies and I bet almost no one will leave sector one!!!

COWARDNESS

Yellow,

I hope you are written up for cowardness. You sir would make an excellent example.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast