"Whistle Blower" - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

punative transfers

The bottom line here is simple, If he pointed out through documentation real problems that needed to be addressed in the property room and was punished excessively in his IA case corruption gets easier to prove. I'm sure there are a few people around here that know if he filed the required documentation to satisfy the whistle blower requirement.
    I think we should all understand that when an officer stands up and fights for his rights we ALL get a benefit from it down the line. None of us are exempt from being mistreated by TPD just ask some of us with more than 15 years on we have plenty of examples.

So What

The point here is Cabble was not fired because he was a whistleblower. He was fired because he is a Stalker and because of his mis-conduct while on duty etc. Even if they did find his claims about the ventilation system to be justified, that still does not mean he will be re-einstated. Its another play on his part. OMG the dude messed up so bad why cant he just admit and move on. Im tired of this.

Inguiring minds want to know

Let's wait and see how this plays out. Didn't she not want to file or she did not file a complaint, but Mark Ober went to your Cheif as a favor to the then ASA? But then the actions of the officer were looked at and an investigation started? Was the grounds for the investigation a complaint by the victim or by Mark Ober or no one knows? Or was the complaint filed because the officer was a whisle blower and this was an easy way to get rid of him?

law firm

Didn’t Chip Deblock use the same sleazy law firm for his law suit that was thrown out?

If someone went to the Chief to try to resolve an issue and the Chief called me in to resolve it, then I would heed his advice and stop my behavior (especially if it was illegal behavior) and be happy someone brought me to my senses before I ruined my career. Wow... what a scandal...... The air pollution is a scam.. and thats clear....

air quality

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    If someone went to the Chief to try to resolve an issue and the Chief called me in to resolve it, then I would heed his advice and stop my behavior (especially if it was illegal behavior) and be happy someone brought me to my senses before I ruined my career. Wow... what a scandal...... The air pollution is a scam.. and thats clear....
    This may not be a scam! One of the property room supervisors said that they have been requesting air quality control tests for a few years now and the city rejects the quotes from the local companies. Maybe there are problems in the property room that people are trying to keep quiet due to the expense of fixing them. This could bring about a positive change if his claim is true, and if its not at least the property room employees would have some relief.

Re: law firm

Quote Originally Posted by ten
    Didn’t Chip Deblock use the same sleazy law firm for his law suit that was thrown out?
    Okay staff, stop trolling! Chip's case was quite legitimate. Alot of people shit their pants when they thought his info was coming to light and so they tried to screw him. I wouldnt be suprised if he had some copies of what they took from his files. That thought makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside :lol:

the truth

Looks like risk management is going to have to produce copies of the letters and any other documentation in this case and see if his claims are true. Has there been any recent changes in the property room to ensure a safer work environment that were not in place back in August of 2006? The letter is simply clear, and everything in it can be either proven true or false based on the facts.

What?

I've heard of a whistle blower claim, but is there really any outcome when these things happen? If there is, is it a monetary payout or what?

answer

From what I have seen, the whistle blower is linked to punative action toward the employee from the company. According to the letter in this case it looks like the attorney is linking termination / excessive discipline to some hazardous work environment in the property room. As far as what the goal of the outcome is intended to be, I don't know? Usually it results in fixing the problem that the employee blew the whistle on in the first place followed up by monetary compensation.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast