Certified Applicant????

Certified Applicant????

How long is the hiring process for someone who is already certified? From shortest to longest?

Which areas consistantly have the most openings?

What is the DOT academy like for someone who is already certified? Lots of physical fitness, mainly book work type stuff?

Any info would be appreciated!

I thought of applying to and I am certified.I tried to get info too on this site and just like yours, no one has responded. 80 views and noo one cares to help. I did talk to the recruiter and if I remember correctly he said the process will take at least 6 months. The academy is about 2.5 months or so and its not physical. Its all book and policy stuff. Hope this helps.I personnaly decided not to apply because I have not heard anything good and obviously no one seems to care to help answer questions. FHP pays more and has more offduty. Good luck

Sorry no one answered your questions. The hiring process takes anywhere from 6 months to a year. In the academy there is DT and Firearms and Driving but it is not to physical. The rest is classroom and some field trips. There are usually openings thru out the state. I am sorry to the other one who replied to your post who is going to FHP, there is nothing wrong with FHP and they do make more money, but we have as much off duty that you want. And we dont answer calls for service we are all self initated activity. Also we only run two shifts and you only have to work usually one weekend day a month. Sorry for the delay in someone getting back to you.

Thanks for answering. I am the one who planned on going to FHP. To be honest Im not big into the truck thing but I love traffic and obviously will do it if necessary. How would you say your Dept is as far as work conditions? Are people generally happy or is morale low? Im debating if I should leave my dept. as I make great money but I just dont get to do the traffic that I want to do. Have they discussed giving you guys much needed raises that you deserve? Are there step raises?

Oh yeah one more question, I am a Sgt. now and have been for 2.5 years. How long before I can take the Sgt's test with you?

Well our main function is Commerical Vehicle Enforcement, but we do as much traffic as you want to as long you are getting enough trucks. I dont know about other areas of the state but where I am the moral is pretty good except for getting passed over for a raise this year. There are no step raises, I believe that you have to be on for two years before you can take the sgts test.

THANKS APPRECIATE IT!!!!