Ratting out each other for speeding - Page 3
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Bye Bye RAT!!! We shall leave the RAT'S lair! And by the way, you can't match wits with someone who has none (you) so I chose to leave.

Same stuff

Georgie, I am glad that you have never been the target of any political garbage and I am also glad to see that there are people there that are loyal. However, the CCSO is riddled with a history of political firings and -hirings- based on what can make the Sheriff -look good-.not what the deputy or new person is capable of doing or experience. For years his advisors have warned him against -inconsistent treatment of employees. Granted there are people who should be fired for their transgressions. However, there are also people who were good cops that just rubbed the Sheriff the wrong way. These were people that were there before he was, were great street cops etc., but the Sheriff, for some unknown reason didnt -like- them. I dont know how long you've been there, probably several years but more than likely not since the first day Hunter took office. There are lots of other people who were there then that are still in Naples or Collier County and they are just waiting, quietly, for him to go away or for some governor to hire him into a more prestigous job in Tallahassee. You are to be commended for sticking with it, but there are -others-, lots of them who know a different side. Ever wonder why?,,,large departments in Florida and in other other places have a program where retiree's who have tons of experience are called in to assist with large cases, to use that source of experience to help with the newer officers,,,,,this doesnt happen in Collier. Wonder why? They know. The ones who came before you know. One day.

Rats pose a large problem, especially in areas such as Collier County Sheriff's Office where poor sanitation and accumulation of garbage provide ideal conditions for them to breed. Ranging from six inches to a foot long, they nest in basements, attics, sewers, subflooring, open garbage cans, piles of trash, message boards, in some police cruisers, or on the side of the road running radar late at night. Active mainly at night, rats contaminate fellow officers with disease, germs and filth that can cause morale problems. Worse, they will bite people - particularly to get made (promoted). Set your traps men...they are scattering around as we speak!

Senior Member LEO Affairs Sergeant
    Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Rats pose a large problem, especially in areas such as Collier County Sheriff's Office where poor sanitation and accumulation of garbage provide ideal conditions for them to breed. Ranging from six inches to a foot long, they nest in basements, attics, sewers, subflooring, open garbage cans, piles of trash, message boards, in some police cruisers, or on the side of the road running radar late at night. Active mainly at night, rats contaminate fellow officers with disease, germs and filth that can cause morale problems. Worse, they will bite people - particularly to get made (promoted). Set your traps men...they are scattering around as we speak!
    I will caution you on this post. I find it inflammatory in nature and serve no legitimate purpose.

I will not delete a post unless I receive a complaint or clearly violate the Terms of Service.

I understand emotions can run high while discussing passionate issues but please ensure that your contribution to the forum remains positive and professional.

Thank you,
    Mod 167

Don't expect to get out of a ticket when you retrieve your license and a badge is visible. If the violation was so bad that I've decided to stop you , I've probably already decided that whatever it was I saw deserves a ticket. Again , the reckless driver that maims or kills - deputy or not WILL go to prison. Charlotte County S.O. a few years ago -deputy running over 100 to back up another officer that wasn't THAT urgent killed someone that pulled out in front of him without his blue lights on. He had to see his wrecked patrol car inside the compound next door to the jail he was serving time in. Research for youself.

If you decide to pull me over ON duty for speeding then YOU will be arrested for obstruction. I can't believe you would be so arrogant to think you could pull over an on duty officer! I'm at a loss for words and that doesn't happen often. Go ahead tough guy...try pulling me over on duty and YOU will be the one looking at your cruiser from the jail. UNBELIEVABLE!!!

No brother, I'm not talking about when you are on duty---that's your business and PRB, I'm talking when you're off duty driving like those you swore you'd protect others from. Your mention of "cruiser" clearly tells us you've been hired from up north where you probably had that union. We call them patrol cars here because we don't just cruise around in them.

I have been checking in on these blogs and have become concerned in regards to your response. Unless I am not understanding you properly, you are clearly stating you write off-duty deputies tickets. There was an officer who did the same thing once, but he took a step back when the following occurred:

Officer-I need your license, registration, and insurance.
    Off Duty-Sir, I want to let you know I am an off-duty officer and I carry a weapon with me, here is my license and police ID.
    Officer-Don't give me that sh*t. What makes you think you are any different than everyone else out here driving today.
    Off-Duty-The difference.....if you were getting your ass kicked on the side of the road here, I would stop and help you.

Just a thought.

Just remember you may need the help of one of your fellow brothers one day. Will you get that help???????? :twisted:

I wrote the response in regards to the Deputy that had been pulled over by a deputy like many of you posting coments in here. I would like to add something else due to the fact I am a little upset with some of my fellow deputies mind-set when it comes to other officers speeding, and committing infractions.

I have not been in law enfrocment too long (about six years), but I received extensive training in writing tickets, traffic accident investigation and the purpose of issuing tickets. It is my understanding citations (tickets) are issued as an education tool. You are educating the violator so they know the possible consequences of their actions.

Any road officer, from New York to California, has been through an academy that instructs them on the ways traffic accidents, crimes occurr. Additionally, most officers have seen their fair share of deaths, narely accident sites, and traffic wrecks.

My point is...if tickets are to educate the people that may not know the consequences, why in the world would you issue an edication to an educated person. They know the consequences, so a ticket only hurts their families financially (not educate them further). You are defeating the purpose. Are their exceptions to writing cop's tickets? YES. But in general, you will not find me writing an educated officer (from any state) an education.

God Bless

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast