Want to Live On FOP 29 Lodge 29 Property - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Quote Originally Posted by Anonymous
    Even though your "dual certified" I don't think that you are qualified to make a arrest if your not on the road. I mean you can't even serve a DVI in the jail much less take someones rights away.
    I make plenty of arrests in the Unit that I'm assigned to in the jail. As for being "Qualified", I've never had any Judge kick back any of my PC'S.
    I'm Dual Certified and work in the Detention side of the house...Why? you ask. Because the money is sooo darn good! This last paycheck, I took home an extra $600.just from working a few hours of overtime here and there. The way I look at it, Why work for $25.00 an hr. when you could get time and a half plus the Agency's contribution to your FRS? I don't know about you but I show up for work everyday purly for the money. I know of several road deps. that checked into cross over classes because of the extra money they could be making in detention. Thanks to PHCC They don't offer the 17 hr. cross over class any longer. One of the most important things remember is we all put our pants on the same way everyday. Stay Safe My Brother/Sister!

You all missed the boat completely. Since you chose to turn it into road vs detention you should re-read the original post.
    "Pasco County Sheriff’s Office FOP Lodge 29 is seeking a Law Enforcement Certified Deputy Sheriff"

"NOTE: Correction Deputies that are dual certified and in a Law Enforcement Position are encurged to apply"

those who are whining should read and comprehend before complaining. A Law Enforcement Certified Detention Deputy would only have the same powers of a homeowner/caretaker and the Lodge would not benefit from loosing a break on the liability insurance with a Law Enforcement Certified Detention Deputy being on the premises. It does benefit by having someone with Law Enforcement Powers on site. Don't confuse Law Enforcement Certified with the bat leo statute because it is completely different than the FS901 definition of a Law Enforcement Certified Officer.

I know a bunch of Detention Deputies that would be good to have out there, but anything you would do in taking Law Enforcement action could cost the members the lodge and the SO big $$$ and the Detention Deputy their job if they took Law Enforcement action without the authority to do so. Just as if a Law Enforcement Deputy took away rights, or priveleges from a detainee in one of the facilities. Why do you think the Sheriff doesn't have L.E. Deputies including detectives work OT in Detention unless they are dual certified?
    Like HELL!! You can work in that jail under your LE Certification for up to 6mo. The Sheriff only has to approve it!

Just because you're allowed to do it does not mean that it right. Does FDLE say you can or is it just a unwritten rule to get the job done for the agency.

Corrrect, the sheriff has the authority to waive the certification for 6 ,os and allow you to work in the jail up to 6 mos without being certified to do so. .He can do the same thing for positions on the road...

Where is that in black and white? or is that a secret policy somewhere

Yes, but I'm sure the main reason for a L.E. deputy at the lodge is for the security of the property. Having someone with a marked patrol car on the property and having full arrest powers while living on site is more than likely the reason for the offer. I don't believe the intent was to alienate anyone, just looking for a certain candidate.

Also, on another note, please remember to vote in the upcoming contract vote. Check the FOP website for dates and times.

f.o.p. sucks

DOWN WITH DA UNION AND F.O.P.

and yet, we continue to complain and do nothing

f.o.p. sucks

DOWN WITH DA UNION AND F.O.P.
    As my good friend "Chubs" says, "Spoken like a true a$$hole."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234