OPD traffic quota - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: Re:

Quote Originally Posted by Guest
    Quota, smota! Think for a minute people. They do keep numbers everywhere but then how else are they gonna track what does what or who is just jerking off. It's not for the ones that do work but they are human and you always will have your morons. Its more like required activity level. So you don't have that one that does nothing but watch the stop sign or the red light or just do radar.

How upset would people be to find out that no traffic tickets were written, on like SR 40. People love to ***** about cops, judge them TO A HIGHER STANDARD THAN EVERYONE ELSE but call them like pansies when they are in trouble.
    Many citizen look up to you guys, but with the few bad apples receiving all the constant media attention, you get scrutinized.
    There are many ways to track numbers, written warnings are one.
    Folks we are in a recession, and citations for minor infractions in areas of low crime or traffic accidents are very expensive for the regular working class.

Sounds like Sgt. Spicer to me.

Re: OPD traffic quota

Morons are the ones that can't obey simple traffic laws, and obey signs or red lights, and drink and drive. These morons are the ones that cause accidents, and cause traffic fatalities that plague this county, so yes they create job security, for me and everyone else in law enforcement. The worst part about it......the morons that do this will tell you "oh I never do that" then when they get a ticket they get mad. As for the economy being in the crapper, it is and we know that, but don't blame the law enforcement agency for writting the tickets, it's still the people who can't drive getting caught, besides we don't make up the fine the clerk of the court does and if you wnat to blame someone maybe you should redirect the comments towards them. Remeber the ticket that we write someone could change that persons driving pattern and save you or a member of your families life. If people don't want tickets, then maybe they should take more responsibility in their driving. I recently got a ticket for speeding for 10 over, and I'm not complaining, I know I was wrong. The Trooper was very polite and knew I was a cop. It happens to the best and worst of us.
    Maybe if you came out from behind your glass house and took a look around you too would recognize this, or not!
    We do what we are asked to do! Tickets should be tool used for corrective behavior, and if I have to write 1 or 100 I will to save a life.
    You posted the same crap on another board too. Didn't work there either. Take your crap somewhere else.

Cool Re: OPD traffic quota

Here is soming to think about, How 's about we go out there and do the job. If that means writing tickes then write them, if it means helping people work out THEIR S*** then do it. :evil:

You really should "preview" your post before submitting it....Maybe then will you spell words correctly and not make yourself look like an a**hole.

Quota or not you guys run some traffic man. My mother in law got popped by you guys and I love it! She hates the police and was crying about the "quota" ,I had to go into another room to keep from laughing. Anyway, thanks for keeping your town safe and giving me a huge smile, I can't stand that lady!

Well OCSO, I am glad we could help you out. I am waiting for my know it all sister in-law to get popped.

As far as the complaining at our agency goes I am tired of it. You go to briefing in a great mood, then 30 minutes later when you come out, you are pissed off. Noone is doing anything to correct the problems to include me. However when ideas are posted, there are the same group of people that say the ideas are stupid. If it takes a quota to get some of the drivers in this town to get stopped, then that is what it takes.

A lot of the complainers are the ones with low numbers. Then you have the new guys that couldn't get hired at agencies where they lived so they come here and get a job. They want to be lazy and not do anything other than *****. They should be happy to get hired at an agency.

I am just happy to have a job right now, especially with the high unemployment rate in our county.

Granted with everything said above, it is time for a new administration that follows the rules and respects it's employees. This goes into the topic of morale. Each individual person controls their morale. People around here take too much crap to heart. It is a job. We don't have it as bad as some places. I go to policeone and officer.com and look at some of the things officers are getting suspended and terminated for, we don't have it that bad.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12