PDA

View Full Version : Cape Coral PD

01-24-2007, 04:46 AM
Any info on Cape Coral PD? I thought maybe with it being a neighboring agency you may have some insight. How Large are they. Do they recruit from the outside or tend to hire Collier and Lee Deputies? High or Low turn over..any other thoughts or advice would be great. Also, Whats the story on Ft Myers? I heard they are really hurting for officers?

01-24-2007, 01:39 PM
Good luck getting information on these departments. Any information we hear down here is either rumor or hearsay and I would hate to post something that is not to be known as truthful or accurate.

Maybe someone from either of those departments will read this site and comment. Worst case scenario, maybe In Process can shed some light on your questions. He was just hired with the Lee S.O. and maybe he is training with some of their guys or gals.

Good Luck and you can always look a little farther south if you are interested in working for a good agency 8)

01-24-2007, 05:01 PM
Its actually the opposite of what you said. They dont recruit from sheriffs deputies, there always recruiting because alot of their people go to the Sheriffs department from them.

Cape Coral is more quiet and residential. If you have 60 college credits your in. Fort Myers seems to always be looking for people because its very busy. I went through for both places and was offered positions but accepted with the sheriff because theres more room for advancement and promotion and specialty positions. Although, i wouldnt mind working for either fort myers or cape coral.

01-25-2007, 03:00 AM
Dont know much about the internals of cape but the 7 or 8 guys in the academy seem pretty squared away. I hear they are hiring more for the next class as well. ft Myers has about 7 in as well and they seem squared away also. we have a great class everyone gets along and theres 37 of us. We are in week 3 and cant wait to get to the fun stuff ie driving and shooting.

01-25-2007, 03:03 AM
hey george thanks alot for Worst case scenario glad I'm the worst person to ask haha

01-25-2007, 04:09 AM
thanks guys. out of all the boards this one is always the most helpful. i do have 60 credits. i have a BS, FDLE certified and 3 yrs experience. I am eligible to reapply with Collier next month and I am sure I will. I failed my interview this time last year. Just trying to through as many lines out as possible. ready to get back on the road. worked out of state resigned moved down here got a 8-5 job thinking after i completed FDLE's Eot, I would be back on the road...still waiting.

01-25-2007, 05:13 AM
just curious, what state did you come from? How long have you been out of the EOT for? Have you been applying to alot of places? I was not experienced, came from out of state, andgot sponsored through lee county. I applied to collier as well, but after the interview they only passed me for corrections. Maybe i wasnt tall enough for the road??