PDA

View Full Version : Mayor faces the public

01-22-2007, 11:20 PM
The mayor finally stepped up to the podium to address the homeless fiasco. He was lambasted by the City Council for the reckless manner in which police and firefighters destroyed tents belonging to homeless people.

When questioned specifically by Rod Challenger, TV News Ch 8 veteran reporter on Monday night's evening 6 o'clock news, Mayor Rick Baker refused to answer a question, saying he "would not respond". He tried in vain to distance himself from the slashing, putting it off on the police.

01-22-2007, 11:22 PM
Is THAT how City of St Pete officials respond to tough questions? Refusing to respond??

Ok, troops. Try that in IA investigations and see where that goes.

01-22-2007, 11:33 PM
speaking of holding someone accountable....

has any of the victims of the tent cutting made an official complaint to the Mayor's office so that it will be investigated?

01-23-2007, 12:26 AM
The homeless (aka hobos or bums) should be executed as they commit crimes and carry diseases like vermin.

01-23-2007, 03:00 AM
I fell off my chair watching the news when Rod Challenger asked the Mayor "Is it a great day in St Pete?"

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

badboy1
01-23-2007, 03:59 AM
I THINK WE SHOULD HOLD SIGNS IN FRONT OF NORTHSIDE BAPTIST WITH SAYINGS "IT A GREAT DAY IN ST. PETERSBURG" OR SOME COULD SAY. "MAYOR BAKER WHAT WOULD JESUS DO?" "WOULD HE HAVE THE HOMES OF THE HOMLESS DESTROYED? I BET WE WOULD BE ASKED TO LEAVE. ALL WE NEED IS THE MEDIA THEIR. IF WE DO THAT BAKER WILL PASS THE BUCK TO CHUCKY AND THAT WILL BE GREAT FOR US.

01-23-2007, 02:13 PM
Police unions wake up. The lesson: Protest at the mayor's church. He apparently goes off the wall. Anything and everything is on the table to avoid such public humiliation.

Take your issues to his church. They have a large congregation. The time is ripe.

01-23-2007, 03:19 PM
I just would like to see the tent people gone! I don't care where. Why should this city have to accommodate homeless people? Most are very capable of working, they just don't want to. I think they should go to jail! If I broke the law, I would end up in jail. Are they not breaking the law?

I am getting a little tired of accommodating a society that seems bent on not doing the right thing.The right thing in this case is, not to accept there chosen lifestyle,that is after all there choice to be bums. At what point do the people that live quietly, almost invisible, going to work and trying hard to raise there children with some forum of values and ethics in a world that seems to celebrate the opposite, get a little representation, a little speck of what is fair, just a taste of correctness?

when?

01-23-2007, 06:42 PM
You guys are doing a fine job, let's stick together. How can we keep letting this city administration walk on us and blame us police and firefighters.

Picasso
01-24-2007, 06:11 PM
Police Maj. Melanie Bevan, the officer who came up with the idea of utting away tents if the homeless people protested by refusing to leave them, will write an after-action memorandum; she has 60 days to give her findings to Harmon.

I heard she has already started on it...........
http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f375/picassooo1/memo.gif

01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Don't you know there is ALWAYS a penalty for independent thinking at the PD?

Whether it's a great plan or the smallest of decisions, you are NOT allowed to make them without going thru the chain. That rule has been in place for supervisors since Davis took office. It's called micro-managing.

Ironically, the mayor and chief DID know the plan. This is another example of their not so slick coverup. The only difference on this incident is that the public sees how recklessly they execute plans, how they do not take ownership for mistakes, and how even apologies are conditional. As in, "I hope we do not need to do this again" rather than we should never have done this and will not do it again. Incompetent, inept government action.