PDA

View Full Version : Instead of complaining...

JustCause
01-20-2007, 12:31 PM
Rather than simply complain about everything, why not provide possible solutions to the problems? I see a lot of effort spent of bashing each other and complaining about our work environment and conditions, but generally, no solution accompanies the complaint.

Be a part of the solution instead of letting the problem grow or fester. We, like any business or company, will always have different views. Every personal view must be respected as just that, a view. No one view or opinion may be the correct one, but it is only fair to listen to the thoughts of others without jumping all over them.

Do not get me wrong here. Some of the posts I have read are intelligent and had a lot of thought behind them, but others are plain asinine, simply posted trying to provoke a fight. Dumb move folks. It is not just our agency members that read this board.

What kind of image are we projecting to other agencies and the citizens that read all the rhetoric posted here? Some of you do not care and that is your prerogative, but do not assist in giving PSCO or our profession a bad name. And for those who may be foolishly typing away while on duty, 1) quit typing and do your job. 2) Big brother is reading.

Act like, and portray the image of the professional that you are! Do not continue to be the embarrassment of our agency.
:(

Just my two cents.

01-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Were you in Panama Just Cause?

JustCause
01-23-2007, 11:20 AM
Were you in Panama Just Cause?

For other than the storms, yes.

01-24-2007, 07:01 AM
I think this site tends to be a forum to vent in some cases wherein it is not otherwise possible, or to just continue a rant that already began elsewhere. However, it is very sad that people do this here on a PUBLIC site that non leo's have access to, or even others from different agencies.

Keep in mind that anyone one can post. Disgruntled citizens with too much time on thier hands, less than intelligent co-workers, and former deputies who know cop speak but were dismissed for whatever reason. This can lead to those posts or responses which are purely childish in nature. So don't assume everyone who posts here is green and white.

Either way, given the large and diverse group of people currently employed by the sheriff, one can only expect to run into those who can articulate themselves well and others who might have a little more difficult time doing so.

As to the ideas and solutions, I wonder who would listen? I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, but even if a great solution to something was found I doubt it would make its way to policy or even the ear of someone who can and is able to make a change.

Anyone who is on this site from their issued laptop is a complete moron. Read the IA's involving computer usage guys. They know where you are and what you are doing.

I agree with you in that there should be more productive posts. But I just don't think its an attainable goal. This site is for a deputy (supervisors included) to vent, raise issues, talk about current events, and just waste some time on occasion. It is a forum for people to speak freely and openly without (actually) risking much. I even believe someone actually called out 10-69er recently and requested a x56. I trust that never came to be.

Don't expect serious conversations here, just read for fun. That way, when you do come across a good thread you might get more out of it. Personally, I especially enjoy the posts by yoda and the caveman. It's a nice break to an otherwise lost conversation at times.

As far as embarassment goes, some of us do a good job of that without the help of this forum (shane c. comes to mind, as well as many others). At least here no one knows for sure who making an arse of themselves.

I guess that puts the pot up to four cents....

Be safe.

Master Yoda
01-24-2007, 05:22 PM
ten fiddy understands that anger can lead to the dark side.

ten fiddy controls his feelings and therefore is able to share great wisdom.

Soon a Jedi he will be!

01-25-2007, 01:17 AM
I thank you for your vote of confidence maser yoda. Keep up the posts, they are great.