PDA

View Full Version : NEW DIRECTOR

01-19-2007, 02:09 PM
Ok, can any of you that have been here a while tell us relative newcomers what we can expect from the new director, Henry Barnet.

If he did 15 years with DEP in the past, does that mean he's going to keep all the other old timers?

Any thoughts?

01-19-2007, 02:51 PM
Let's hope he doesn't forget who drove him away and why he left.

01-19-2007, 04:11 PM
Ok, can any of you that have been here a while tell us relative newcomers what we can expect from the new director, Henry Barnet.

If he did 15 years with DEP in the past, does that mean he's going to keep all the other old timers?

Any thoughts?

Good person. Intelligent, professional and Expect integrity.

01-19-2007, 08:04 PM
U-Haul has confirmed that hey received an order for 125 boxes. The request came from the 7th floor. :lol:

01-19-2007, 10:18 PM
Does this mean he/she/they are leaving or coming? Because if they are leaving it is easier to throw things out the window from the 7th floor.

If they are moving into the 7th floor, just a reminder, I don't hang pictures of the Marine Patrol on the walls.

01-20-2007, 02:58 AM
I know Henry and he will do the right thing. He aint a good ole boy that's for sure...

01-20-2007, 03:03 AM
He's too young to be an old timer. I have t-shirts older than him. Very good guy.

06-17-2009, 01:43 AM
So, How is Henry doing for you guys ?

06-23-2009, 03:22 PM

As one of my fellow officers stated the other month, "Same mess, just different leaders".

06-24-2009, 02:48 AM
Well, overall Barnet has made some very positive changes that are good for the officers and the agency. The problem is in the individual districts. In my district, the morale is at an all time low mainly due to very poor supervisors. The officers are not motivated to be proactive and in fact if you do decide to go out and do something chances are you will NOT get a "good job", you will instead get a e-mail or phone call criticizing your actions. I'm not sure if Barnet knows what's going on at the district level but he should and maybe then he would do something about it.

It also wouldn't hurt if the Chief came out and and made some rounds in the districts (SW), I'm not sure how honest the officer's would be due to fear of retribution (especially getting stuck with crappy schedules and denied days off), but he may get an earful, it could go either way! Favoritism rules!

06-25-2009, 12:22 AM
I think the Director has made some very positive changes considering the mess he inherited.

06-27-2009, 01:03 AM

the same one as before

06-27-2009, 01:17 AM
I think the Director has made some very positive changes considering the mess he inherited.

Yes, he inherited some problems, but he was not the appropriate appointee to solve them. This was a complete political appointee and I know this for a fact. Contact "Colonel" Tom Wheeler at the Broward County SO if you doubt this. Regardless, he should have had a more intelligent interactive assistant that would have supported him and not tried to subvert his policies. This would have made it better for all of us. Your #2 got rid of your former bureau chief and has allegedlly attempted to move up to #1. However, his political personal and confidential partner has now been removed from power and I am sure #2 is regretting many of the things he has done in the past to fellow officers. It is a pity that we have to play the political games associated with higher office, but in the end it is the plain old field officers that bring stability and creditabilty to the organization. Keep your heads up. Things will get better once the gubernatorial administration changes in the near future. The current LE top supervisors are facing some challenging times ahead. Believe me, very very challenging.

06-29-2009, 07:43 PM
Plywood? Getting rid of him was an improvement! Keep up the good work.

06-30-2009, 03:25 PM
Plywood? Getting rid of him was an improvement! Keep up the good work.
At least "plywood" seemed sincere when you went to him with an idea or concern. It can't be worse than having someone use $10 words to baffle you and a grin that seems just as sincere.

07-01-2009, 12:47 AM
I support the current administration and feel they have made some good changes such as the 4/10 hour shifts and increased offduty hours. At least I can make some extra money since the state won't give me a raise.

07-02-2009, 03:20 AM
Hey Ladies/Gentlemen:
I don't work for your department, but you have an AD that uses $50 words. I was at a meeting with him and he talked in a language unknown to the normal person. I later asked someone about him and I was told he tries to impress everyone with his unique vocabulary. I admire anyone that professes to have a proper education, but I found out he has a MS in Polical Science which prepares you to be a politician. He needs to modify his approach to making people understand what he is saying, but after meeting with him, I doubt it. His ego is 100% and nothing is going to change it. By the way, I am a very educated person also with college degrees, etc.

To be successful in the political world, you first need money, tact. diplomacy and last of all a vocabulary that does not offend the common person such as you and me. I don't know if he has money or not, but he is lacking in everything else, in my opinion. Sorry if I offended anyone, but after discussing him with other important personnel of the state, I find him lacking in the abilities to be an appropriate and successful leader in any important office.

07-02-2009, 03:29 AM
Might want to read the post titled "Federal Order". As I understand the order, a Federal Judge has ruled if Plywood did commit the act reported, it constituted misfeasance in office. Going to be interesting as to what happens now since he is still in law enforcement. The Jackson County Sheriff will have to deal with this.

07-02-2009, 03:36 AM
I support the current administration and feel they have made some good changes such as the 4/10 hour shifts and increased offduty hours. At least I can make some extra money since the state won't give me a raise.

Apparently you will support any administration that allows you to do what you want when you want. We all know the FPP does nothing productive except to work minor traffic in your assigned parks. You might want to apply to the FHP since you will earn your salary in a more honorable way. I know working different shifts will inconvenience a lot of you, but as several of you have stated, you had better be glad you have a job for now. Contact FHP for a law enforcement position if you can cut the mustard.

07-02-2009, 04:13 AM

Apparently you will support any administration that allows you to do what you want when you want. We all know the FPP does nothing productive except to work minor traffic in your assigned parks. You might want to apply to the FHP since you will earn your salary in a more honorable way. I know working different shifts will inconvenience a lot of you, but as several of you have stated, you had better be glad you have a job for now. Contact FHP for a law enforcement position if you can cut the mustard.

once again, another clown stirring the pot...so we do not earn our salary in an honorable way??? is that what you are saying??? DEP has some of the best officers around...if you do not like us or our current administration which i FULLY support, then please leave our board and go back to your FHP board where you can cut your own mustard there.

07-02-2009, 12:58 PM

once again, another clown stirring the pot...so we do not earn our salary in an honorable way??? is that what you are saying??? DEP has some of the best officers around...if you do not like us or our current administration which i FULLY support, then please leave our board and go back to your FHP board where you can cut your own mustard there.

Can we please stop this juvenile school yard bickering. This type of banter is not productive and continually degrades the overall integrity of all officers in the agency. Even if someone from outside of DEP is accusing officers of being slackers, the replies from DEP officers in the equally, but negative tone is not worth the effort.

There are some very serious allegations posted on this DEP board. All officers in this agency must pay attention to the happenings whether positive or negative. Serious wrong doing is occuring and has occured in this agency for many years. If you care to read the federal lawsuit brought against the agency by a former employee, you will see that the clock is ticking for Tallahassee. Maybe someone has finally decided to listen to the little guy.

07-02-2009, 03:38 PM
Amen!!!!!!!!