PDA

View Full Version : Small Win - chief

01-18-2007, 05:15 PM
There are many changes that we officers have to deal with and alot of empty promises. chief - we all know you read this. can't you give us a small win and let us have our id numbers back. this new system is ridiculous and we will be changing again in a few weeks. who cares if we are getting close to the detective numbers. we don't know there 600 number anyway. let's all use our id number. call them delta or investigator xxx. patrol is the back bone in your owns words, yet we get stuck trying to accomodate the few in other positions. we have already been told that they system would work the same way. thks!!!!!

01-18-2007, 06:04 PM
I AGREE!

01-19-2007, 09:47 AM
Agreed as well... This is a genuine officer safety issue. There should at least be a poll taken on this like we did for the 12 hour shifts.

01-19-2007, 06:30 PM
I know that the dispatchers want the old numbers back as well and have tried to ask for the change as well. They get the same lame answers and say that it is the patrol captain that made the decision to do this. I also heard from our first day of training with the OSSI lady that we program our system and can put our numbers in the way we want.

01-19-2007, 10:03 PM
You can set up OSSI to whatever numbers you want. You need to make it easy for the "users" not the admin. Who uses is all the time? This is a good system and can do alot. (from someone with the same system)

01-27-2007, 07:49 PM
Come on does anyone in admin care? Chief please step up and fix it, or at least look into it. stop being so distant from patrol

01-31-2007, 02:02 AM
I agree with the previous posts... these new ID numbers are, first and foremost, an officer safety concern!

When you call a sargeant on hte radio and they have to ask you who you are there is something wrong. Why cant anyone upstairs realize this?

We are showing up on calls not knowing who our back ups are, and when the S%@T hits the fan what number are we going to call? These numbers are our identity on the road..our name...this needs to be consistent. I know Captain P is trying to bring to life all of his many ideas that he has probably had stored in his head for years, but tihs one just does not work.

It seems as though the entire PD has finally agreed on a issue, but nobody is listening.