PDA

View Full Version : Is hot, TERMINATION letters that is, unless you are a heir

HPD-0939
01-16-2007, 05:46 AM
THEY ARE HOT, VERY HOT. Termination letters are on the rise over non-criminal violations so keep your eyes open and stay safe. Obviously, if you are a heir from anyone within the chain of command you will get a job in communication or else where in the City. Obliviousness (ignorance) has a lot to do with it, unfair treatment at govermental entities is illegal under our civil laws yet no injured officers have filed a lawsuit at the county clerk.

Actions in the past have proven it, officers were indicted, arrested, prosecuted and awaited their trial; however, they retained their status and were paid in lieu of a termination letter. I think if the SAO has indicted an officer, they have more than just the preponderance of the evidence as needed in an administrative case. It only takes a nice civil lawsuit and it will take care of the problem and that is just a fraction of it.

Not including the lack of our technical tools, equipment, and training, Hialeah is not a bad place. It just has the wrong leaders in place. You took this job knowing what it entails; therefore, having leaders with your mentality is also expected, at the end is only a test to get promoted and any idiot can pass it. Yet, post promotion they think and believe that they are better. Letting departmental procedures be influence by non-sworn friends that a favor (or lunch) is owed to is just another problem.

Approximately 30 to 40 appplicants at other departments are currently Hialeah officers and I do not blame them. If you are an active officer at HPD, you should not lack of the attitude to do your job and perform as expected, because if you don't like it why are you still here. Hialeah will not change unless the hiarchy changes their mode of operations, and we become CALEA certified; it will protect the officers and the public and I do not see it changing. Everyone must abide by the rules including high ranking officers taking lunches under gratuity and forbidding the rest.

Everyone fears and no one ever stands correct when they are. No wonder the media is blasting some and the chain of command (including the Mayor) will not back you up. Is it worth it? Being a LEO is very demanding, but you must know what you are doing. Read and learn your laws, departmental orders and procedures and you will enjoy your career, ignorance is not a defense nor an option. If yo are half smart, you would know what to do with your career.

I really hope for the best in this department but be wise. Another thing, if you took the time to read this you must post a reply since is only another 2 minutes.

Stay safe.

01-17-2007, 04:03 AM
So true, when and where is it going to stop? Is time to run away. MDPD here I come.....

01-17-2007, 07:00 AM
Let's all leave now.

01-17-2007, 04:32 PM
I have heard these rumors of termination letters and have seen some actual sustained IA investigations. In a side note I wonder if the Mayor is aware of how much larger Internal Affairs is, than say the burglary unit.

Every one here keeps posting remarks and making suggestions, that is not good enough, we must stand together and make the right person, the Mayor aware of the horrible conditions at the Police Department. The time is right and our Union reps must go to the Mayor and make him aware that our Department is being run on pure emotion instead of mission initiative. I am calling for a vote of confidence or no confidence.

Some of you will say, we did that and it got us the reign of terror in the late 90's. My response to that is that is, it was in 1997, 10 years ago when we had the last vote. I say we have another vote and the following things can happen.

1) We vote no confidence and force the Mayor to make a decision.

A) If he decides to fire the chief or better transfer him, as I wish no ill will towards the man. We have a ray of light of fixing our problems.

B) If he decides to keep the Chief, then our fears have come true and we finnaly come to the realization that this Mayor is no different than the previos. Forthose of us who have to stay, we have weathered the storm before, we can do it again. For those of you who do not have to stay, you lose nothing by leaving.

In any terms what ever the future holds unity is the only we to get through. And remember ladies and gentlemen Hardships are the Pathway to Peace.

01-17-2007, 05:35 PM
I have heard these rumors of termination letters and have seen some actual sustained IA investigations. In a side note I wonder if the Mayor is aware of how much larger Internal Affairs is, than say the burglary unit.

Everyone here keeps posting remarks and making suggestions, that is not good enough, we must stand together and make the right person, the Mayor, aware of the horrible conditions at the Police Department. The time is right and our Union reps must go to the Mayor and make him aware that our Department is being run on pure emotion instead of mission initiative. I am calling for a vote of confidence or no confidence.

Some of you will say, we did that and it got us the reign of terror in the late 90's. My response to that is, it was in 1997, 10 years ago when we had the last vote. I say we have another vote and the following things can happen.

1) We vote no confidence and force the Mayor to make a decision.

A) If he decides to fire the chief or better transfer him, as I wish no ill will towards the man. We have a ray of light of fixing our problems.

B) If he decides to keep the Chief, then our fears have come true and we finally come to the realization that this Mayor is no different than the previous. For those of us who have to stay, we have weather the storm before and we can do it again. For those of you who do not have to stay, you lose nothing by leaving.

In any terms whatever the future holds, unity is the only way we to get through. Remember ladies and gentlemen, "Hardships are the Pathway to Peace."

I AM IN TOTAL AGREEMENT! NOW, LET'S MAIL THIS VERY WELL STATED SENTIMENT TO THE MAYOR.

01-24-2007, 01:35 AM
I completely agree with 0939. It will be a sad day soon when we lose yet another group to the beach. Just thinking about the amount of talent, funny characters and friends I myself have lost contact with because our admin is so dead set on doing thins the up your @$$ way.
Now the mayor has set aside 7 certified officers, one of which is returning to us after being short changed by one of the "better" departments, in order to permit the recently hired 30-40 non-certified officers to complete the academy first. Does he know where we are? Does he know how much OT is being paid,(not that I mind Personally). If he does, the citizens need to know. We are the best form of public relations available. You'd think he would want us to have a positive thing to say about not only the department, but about our entire city government as well.

01-24-2007, 09:49 PM
Hialeah Police Officers you are all ungreatful! I can't beleive that with everything the Mayor has giving you, I would see the comments I have read.

You people can't even clean up Palm Avenue! I have to call the Chief all the time because there are vagrants all over the place. As far as take home cars none of you deserve them. Most other police departments are a lot more professional than you Hialeah Officers. Stop asking why you do not have this or that and ask what you lack as officers.

When I was told about this website I thought it was a joke, but after reading some of the posting I might just call your Chief and have the Internal Affairs Unit look into who is posting these horrible things. Be greatful for your jobs and stop whinning! If I see another negative posting about the great City of Hialeah I will personally let the Mayor know. Remember that we can have your job at any time.

None of you ever stood up to Raul and know you have taken the new Mayor's kindness for weakness. Let me see one of you drinking coffee and not doing your job! Also as you can see unlike all the scared little police officers I am not afriad to write my name!

01-25-2007, 05:32 AM
Is this guy serious? I truly hope this is a hoax.

If its not a hoax then, for those of you that don't know we are graced by the chief of the mayor's "staff". And that's it? Your answer is "I'm going to tell?!"

I just ask that you please give further confirmation that you you are- who you say you are ... like turning in your blue dress with the stains. I'm sure the mayor would love to know about the "yes" man that helped commit political suicide. {your a KING KONG idiot}.

To clarify, officers are very grateful to your precious city.... they have helped certify half of Florida and employed them in other agencies. Hialeah is like the boyfriend that wines and dines while the other agencies score, recruiting their good officers.

You go and tell .... tell on the officer who got coffee .... who got held over and is working a double. Don't worry we'll take of the vagrant problem ... I'll be sure to slow down and give the vagrants a extra mean sneer as I continue to my other dispatched calls.

And yeah we did stand up to Raul and he allowed HPD to play 20 years of catch up. Like it or not the Mayor took a positve step but still has a lot to prove.

Yes you are very brave, we could of used men like you in the service ... but wait ... that's wrong ... you would actually need to be placing yourself in harms way to be even considered in the ball park.

If you hadn't noticed, This is an open forum for Hialeah PD OFFICERS (you don't need to be here). If you come to challenge us then air out your opinion but be prepared to back it up. The truth hurts learn by it or die by it ... get behind us or out of our way.

01-25-2007, 10:32 AM
That is exactly what I am talking about a balance of power. Mr. Concepcion you can kiss my behind, and call all the City officials you want.

First, all the citizens of Hialeah have the right to walk on Palm Avenue and we are not going to violate their civil right (search & seizure) for you, the Mayor or anyone. So, as far as they (citizens) do not do anything illegal, they can wonder all they want on Palm Avenue to include walk shirt less in front of City Hall with a thong.

Second, call the Chief, Internal Affairs and who ever you want because is not illegal nor against the rules to speak freely negative about anyone or anything; as a matter of fact it is the essence of our country (USA not CUBA) and protected by the United States Constitution (freedom of speech). As long I am not wearing a uniform, visible and in the presence of citizens, I can do what ever I want and you, Mr. Concepcion, can kiss my behind. I will even tell you in your face what ever I want, to include calling you names and is legal, like it or not.

Third, if you, the Mayor, Commissioner or any non-law enforcement officer come near an officer while doing his or her job and try or attempt to intimidate the officer and obstruct him or her, for sure you or who ever it is will earn a free tickect to JAIL without passing go.

So go ahead and kiss up to who you ever want, but with the boys in blue you must keep your mouth shut and follow the orders given or end up in the big house. By the way, your internet provider (phone number) could be easily obtain by any law enforcement officer, funny huh.

01-25-2007, 03:24 PM
First of all I hope you really are David Concepcion, so I am not wasting my time writing this. I believe you have a warped view of reality. The Hialeah Police Officers are not ungreatful. On the contrary, the city has been unfair and ungreatful to us for a very long time. Every time that something has to be done, we respond and take care of it with very little or no resources at all.

When you write about Palm Avenue you do not realize that this was a problem that was created by the previous administration. When you have so many ALF's / Halfwayhouses grouped together what do you expect to see on the streets near those areas. If you squeeze an orange you are going to get orange juice.

You also write that we have to be grateful for our jobs. Well, I know I thank God for my job everyday and I know I'm not alone. However, this place needs a lot of improvements which most of them could be solved by giving us a breath of fresh air and replacing the head of this Department. This one person is most of the cause that officer's vent on this website and is the direct cause that plagues the Hialeah Police Department. What kind of integrity could someone have when they get in front of a roll call room and say that HE is more honorable than the rest of us. Within his own speech he says that 15% of the officer's are criminals and more are going to get arrested. Unfortunately, for him the next cops to get arrested were his own.

In life we need to lead by example, when you call us un-professional first you have to look at our leader. Furthermore, we might be perceived different from other departments because we have our own style and way of doing things. However, using your own statistics the only place where crime went down 8% was in Hialeah. Our PROFESSION is to catch bad guys, not to look pretty.

Next time you see us drinking coffee please stop by and introduce yourself. I will treat you to some coffee and I will personally tell you who I am.

01-25-2007, 06:50 PM
If this is Mr. Concepcion (and I doubt it), you really need SpellCheck buddy. Why do you bother the Chief when you see possible criminal activity? You have a communications division where people are paid to answer the phone. The cops will probably get there faster because I know of no Chief or any other officer with the ability to dispatch units from their police car. Stop being a showoff and use the existing framework to get the services you require. Oh, maybe it's because the comm division is understaffed because you have incompetent people in personnel selection who can't staff our patrol or communications division. Maybe you should pull off Palm Avenue, park in the garage and go up to the third floor and find out why personnel selection hasn't been doing their job. And if you're looking for cops drinking coffee, by all means, do a work audit and note how little work many of the people above the rank of lieutenant do on a daily basis. Why, I bet there are a couple lts. who barely work twenty hours a week, by the time you figure in coffee breaks and two-hour lunches. Come on, they can't all be working lunches, right? In closing, I think your boss is first-rate. I have seen nothing to complain about from him, and he does seem to have everyone's best interests at heart. So please, if you are David C., watch his back, and help him turn this thing around. Don't believe everything you hear at the top of the ladder, and don't discount everything from the lower rungs of the ladder either. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

01-25-2007, 10:20 PM
To David Concepcion:

You state that we are ungrateful, yet you completely misrepresent the Mayor, by making such ignorant comments. What I can not believe, is that the Mayor would surround himself such an ignorant piece of trash as you. I bet you are the type to flash your little City Hall ID and give out your business cards at movie theatres and clubs to attempt to get in for free. This is the only way that anyone would give such a looser any courtesy.

Well, while you are asleep safe in your bed at night wearing your superman pajamas. We are patrolling the streets of the City and take care business, while facing all types of dangers that you do not see during the day. Unlike those scary vagrants that really scare you during the day the ones we face can really cause someone their lives. But you would not understand, having to face anything like that, since all you have to do is call the Chief to save you from those bad scary vagrants.

The fact, that we drink coffee, is to stay awake and continue to protect OUR CITY, regardless of how tired we are, since we have to work doubles and continually cover the shortage of manpower. If having a take home car, means that we have to suck up to blowhards like you, well shove it. You are a Johnny come lately, that has no clue of what has really transpired for the last twenty years. You blame the problems of Palm Ave, on us when you should be looking inside 501 Palm. For the past twenty years, the City has looked the other way when ALF after ALF has been opened in our neighborhoods, flooding them with recovering drug addicts, child molesters and mentally disturbed people.

The City has allowed our City, to be flooded with people who are unaccounted for in Efficiencies, where most Criminals like to hide out since they are not held accountable for disclosing their past. The after hours restaurant/bars/companionship clubs that are within our City, that only attracts the foulest of people into our City, and yet we can not touch any of them, because the owners of said places have made political contributions and they know that one phone call to blowhards like you, will have us back off.

So as far as blaming someone, look to yourselves. We do not have the man power, equipment or the time to always shoo away the scary vagrants that are offensive to your delicate eyes unlike, the really scary people, who you all protect just because they make contributions.

You can take your empty threats and shove them; I wonder if the Mayor is aware of how inept you are in handling his business. Maybe, we should make him aware of just how damaging you are to his political career by sending him a copy of your enlightening post.

01-25-2007, 11:04 PM
My fellow officers, those of you who have posted your indignation in response to Mr. David Concepcion's comments are to be commended for your heartfelt disdain for this piece of human excrement. Frankly, this cretin does not deserve our response. But his pablum cannot be allowed to remain unanswered. So I am glad we have given him hell.

I suspect this moron is none other than that pathetic wannabe "SAY WHAT," writing under an assumed name, which makes him even more loathsome.

For over thirty years I served as a police officer, and in my time I have never witnessed an idiot like this one. Which begs the question: what drives a person like this intestinal parasite? Aren't we glad Hialeah PD rejected him?

In spite all the issues affecting your service at Hialeah P.D., please don't lose the faith, for you are doing God's work!

01-26-2007, 04:32 AM
Guys, I don't blame the Mayor. The guy has shown some improvement from Raul. But, like Mr. Concepcion :evil: (The Administrative Coordinator) wow!!!. What a job title must be getting paid good money to coordinate your mouth (Lengua surerta). This position if looked into might not even be needed. (We might have to make a few phone calls our selfs to EL SOL 95 and send what this guy has wrote to Enrique Santo and Joe). The P.B.A. might also be intrested in these remarks made by this wanna be. I don't think the mayor whats that kind of publicity. Like some of my conrads have said you have no rights to speak about us that way. We are all citizens and we all have the right to say whatever the f--K we want. Learn your laws it's call freedom of speech and is protected by our constitutional rights you dumb f--K. I wonder if you are that little fat f--k always running around with the note book in your hand. It's a small world buddy and what comes around goes around meaning don't ever spit up because it might land on your face. How dare you come here and try to scare us by saying that you my have our jobs at any time.

I think that you might be one of the escrements that Raul left behind with the mentality of divide and concur. The problem on Palm Ave is not the only thing that needs to be fixed in the city of progress. But with people like you there I don't think we will be doing any progress soon. We are one of the best police departments around. When the shit hits the fan we do our job right the first time. You sound like one of those that hides behind your job title. The man and women that makes this department should be honored for what we do. All you politician are all the same arasca huevos. and your heads should bow before our presence.

01-26-2007, 02:47 PM
Strange coincidence. Mr. Robaina has a sidekick namd David Concepcion, initials D.C. Julio Martinez had a similar "aide" named Dulce Cuetara, also D.C. What does it mean? I DON'T KNOW!

01-26-2007, 03:18 PM
Ladies and Gentlemen, it does not matter who wrote those comments. It could have been anybody, however most of you would have to agree that they probably represent the sentiments of the old 501 administration.

What is important is that I have been told and confirmed that on
2-27-07 the five PBA reps will have a meeting with the mayor. The meeting I was told is to discuss the problems currently destroying our department. I say destroying because when you lose your best people to other departments that is exactly what happens. This also causes new officers to get the attitude that just by being there they are doing enough. The standards are lowered or even lost. I do not blame anyone in recruitment. Why would we get the best candidates when other departments, even Opa-Locka offers take home cars. Also the County just went to a four county take home car and are hiring right now. This is going to hurt us a lot.

Please if you care as much as your postings state get with one of your PBA reps and tell them what you would like to tell the Mayor. No holds bar! The PBA reps are there for you and there should be at least one of the five reps that is not afriad to speak your mind and voice what the department feels. If that is not the case then the PBA reps are worthless. I know that we all have families to take care off and some of us can not put our jobs on the line. I would never ask that from any of you. What I would ask is that you get with at least one rep that perhaps has very little to lose if anything or perhaps sees his end very near and will speak for you and will take the consequences of his words only upon himself. Who that person might be I do not know, but trust your heart.

This is our chance to let the Mayor know how we feel without sugar coating it. However, if the reps go in there and kiss the mayors behind nothing will ever get done. Not that saying what is on our minds will get us anywhere, but at least you will have the satisfaction that your thoughts were stated to the Mayor. Again I would ask that all of you get with the reps and voice your concerns. I for one would like to know once and for all if the take home car will ever be a Go or No Go. Every single one of you please tell everyone in the department about the meeting, so they can tell the reps what they would like to tell the Mayor.

I for one really want to stay at HPD just like all of you but every time I speak with an Officer that has left to another department it kills me. Yes they tell me other places have problems, but nothing compared to HPD.

Again please get with your PBA reps and voice your concerns. If you do not trust any of the reps to speak your thoughts then we are finished and I need to move on from HPD.

11-25-2007, 03:46 PM
8)

11-25-2007, 09:27 PM
as long as the city continues to run like a third world country, we will be treated as such.. viva fidel for he leaves on Palm Avenue

11-25-2007, 10:31 PM
as long as the city continues to run like a third world country, we will be treated as such.. viva Fidel for he leaves [IS LIVES YOU IGNORANT ARSE!] on Palm Avenue

11-26-2007, 03:27 AM
as long as the city continues to run like a third world country, we will be treated as such.. viva Fidel for he leaves [IS LIVES YOU IGNORANT ARSE!] on Palm Avenue

You must forgive them,English is not their first language. :shock: :shock: