PDA

View Full Version : Raises

01-16-2007, 01:35 AM
Well guys, if you want a substantial raise I would advise quitting the department and re-applying cause it looks like our promised raise is turning into a few crumbs left over to be swepted up after all the different department directors get their salaries raised to $75,000.00 base pay! Yes! I said $75,000.00, "HOW ABOUT THAT!!"

High risk deputies..........$32,000.00

No risk administrators.....Priceless!!

Just a couple of examples............

Willie Smalls
Salary: $35,000.00(close approximate)
Raise to: $75,000.00
DIFFERENCE: $40,000.00

Dean Anderson
Salary: $50,000.00(very close approximate)
Raise to: $75,000.00
DIFFERENCE: $25,000.00

WOW!!!!!!!!!!! No wonder "our" percentages keep going down..down...down and compression sucks!

Veteran deputies, better off to quit and come back, starting pay $32,000,00. Our measly 3 to 5 percent might push most of us just under starting pay. No "FREAKING WONDER!" we have lost so many good deputies and will to continue to loose more. "PBA WHERE ARE YOU?" and don't use the excuse about this not being a contract issue, it's a pay issue with the Sheriff and the County Commission and it's time for us to flex a little muscle (which I wonder if we even have) and show strength and unity, isn't that what PBA is supposed to be. George Tuart proclaimed back in October that 5.4 million from property taxes was allocated for our raises, the county commission just approved 3.4 million for our raises, where is the other 2 million, whose pocket is it going into? Something doesn't smell good! Yep! just figured out where the smell came from.....we just got sh#t on again!!!!

01-16-2007, 02:07 AM
Guys, there is power in numbers. You have to get together on this. The administration is counting on you guys not being organized on this issue. Just think what would happen if there were no deputies on the street to respond to calls. I guess the administrators would have to reprioritize things a bit.

01-16-2007, 03:15 AM
Your friends at RMPT support the Morgan plan for deputy raises. The money has been promised for too long and always seems to go to top management when any of it appears. You put your lives on the line. You deserve the appropriate pay in return. You should charge the sheriff & Touart with 100's of counts of resisting without violence for lying to the police.

01-16-2007, 07:05 AM
well we cant stike thats not an option and the citizens do not deserve that.
According to the escambiaso.com webpage it says today that minimum deputy pay is just over 36,000 !

so hopefully they will atleast give us veterans the minimum pay.

01-16-2007, 11:13 AM
I think you are miscalculating...the web site does not say the pay is $36k. It says is it 15.05/her, which is less than 32k.

01-16-2007, 12:56 PM
Your friends at RMPT support the Morgan plan for deputy raises. The money has been promised for too long and always seems to go to top management when any of it appears. You put your lives on the line. You deserve the appropriate pay in return. You should charge the sheriff & Touart with 100's of counts of resisting without violence for lying to the police.
No disrespect to you Sam but elections are just under two years away. These raises are happening now! What are we(alot of good deputies) supposed to do? Broken promises are becoming to often now and alot of us have options that we are going to have to exercise. Is it fair to the people of this county that they have to suffer a mass exodus of good deputies because of an administraion that only cares about it's "buddies" and not the people it was elected to protect? It's not, but our so called PBA won't address the problem they say it's not a contract issue. I bet the general puplic would think it's an issue especially when thy find out the crime rate is up, I don't care what RM says, it's going up! The money that is offered ony attracts inexperienced young deputies who are looking for an opportunity to gain experience then they too move on after their eyes get opened up. Don't get me wrong, the young guys are great but there's a revolving door open at the SO now and the county is losing good people. Get a copy of our latest PBA contract and see just how patrol deputies faired! They got a whopping 3/4 of an hour shift differential compensation if they worked evenings or 1.5 of an hour for night shift to be paid in comp time. If you do the math, the evening shift equates to about .00625 cent for 1 hour of work, then they only want to comp that out! Willie Smalls' raise will equate out to about $19.23 "an hour" (INCREASE MIND YOU!) and Dean Anderson about $24.04 an hour increase. Then when Larry Smith had the gall to say that our $50.00 a year shoe allowance was enough "to buy one boot" then laugh about it!!! That showed about how low his intelligence level is and how important patrol is to the administration. So Sam, yes promise "may" be on the horizon but it's going to be to late. Thanks for the words of encouragement. Get you a copy of the contract, it's interesting. Maybe you know someone at PNJ who would like to do an inside story on the mountain of BS at the SO!

01-17-2007, 01:04 AM
No offense taken. We hate being right about predictions like the broken pay promises. RMPT regrets that the sheriff and chief deputy think so little of their sworn personnel. NOW is always more important than the future but we trust you'll remember who did this to you when the election comes around.

01-17-2007, 01:15 AM
This was removed from the Escambia Sheriff's Office website. It is being posted here for those who missed it and in case it changes.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/fronniemac/payscale.jpg

01-17-2007, 01:33 AM
This was removed from the Escambia Sheriff's Office website. It is being posted here for those who missed it and in case it changes.

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/fronniemac/payscale.jpgNothing but propaganda to me until I see it in my bank account I'll never beleive it!

01-17-2007, 02:13 AM
I think you are miscalculating...the web site does not say the pay is $36k. It says is it 15.05/her, which is less than 32k.

ok i may have misread it. sorry. but according to this scale it says 36k for deputy pay. maybe its pesos.

This is a major step foward, so if it really happens thanks to the sheriff. Lets just hope for moral that 10 year veterans who do not even make 36k now, get bumped up above this new minimum pay.

01-17-2007, 02:20 AM

http://i126.photobucket.com/albums/p90/fronniemac/payscale.jpgNothing but propaganda to me until I see it in my bank account I'll never beleive it!

IM RICH BIT@H!

01-17-2007, 02:34 AM
From the PBA website:

Putting Pay Rumors to Rest and Other Clarifications

I had a three hour meeting today with the Sheriff, the Chief, and Steve Stevens. The big rumor was that DST’s would be starting at $32,900 and then getting their 10% after a year putting them at over $36,000 starting pay. That is not happening. DST’s currently start at $28,402. That will be increased by 5% to $29,822. At the end of one year they will get a 10% raise putting them at $32,804 (there will also most likely be a 3% merit raise during October, but that’s not guaranteed). Starting pay for a Deputy Sheriff will be $32,895. Current Deputies who are not making $32,895 will be bumped up to that or receive a minimum of 5% whichever is more.

Besides these starting numbers we still have no idea how the rest of the raises will go. All we know is that these are the starting pay numbers and the Sheriff has said that everyone is going to receive a minimum of a 5% raise.

Other contractual items that were clarified are as follows:

If your regular hours work you into shift that receives shift differential you get the differential. The number of hours you worked in an evening shift and midnight shift will not be seperated. You will receive the midnight shift differential. Also, concerning shift differential, if you take off from a shift that gets dfor a period of time you still get your shift differential regardless of how many days you worked that week.

Civilian shift differential will be as follows:

Civilians will earn shift differential for:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Security Monitors will receive $100 month shift differential

This shift differential pay will be retroactive back to November 25th 2006.

The Sheriff also told me that within 30 days he would meet with me to discuss the possibility of raising the side job rate of pay.

Sincerely,

Bain Custer

01-17-2007, 03:15 AM
From the PBA website:

I had a three hour meeting today with the Sheriff, the Chief, and Steve Stevens. The big rumor was that DST’s would be starting at $32,900 and then getting their 10% after a year putting them at over $36,000 starting pay. That is not happening. DST’s currently start at $28,402. That will be increased by 5% to $29,822. At the end of one year they will get a 10% raise putting them at $32,804 (there will also most likely be a 3% merit raise during October, but that’s not guaranteed). Starting pay for a Deputy Sheriff will be $32,895. Current Deputies who are not making $32,895 will be bumped up to that or receive a minimum of 5% whichever is more.

Besides these starting numbers we still have no idea how the rest of the raises will go. All we know is that these are the starting pay numbers and the Sheriff has said that everyone is going to receive a minimum of a 5% raise.

If your regular hours work you into shift that receives shift differential you get the differential. The number of hours you worked in an evening shift and midnight shift will not be seperated. You will receive the midnight shift differential. Also, concerning shift differential, if you take off from a shift that gets dfor a period of time you still get your shift differential regardless of how many days you worked that week.

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

The Sheriff also told me that within 30 days he would meet with me to discuss the possibility of raising the side job rate of pay.

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
Thanks for the info Bain but do you think it's fair for an eight year veteran to only be raised up to what a one year deputy is going to make? And it's nice that civilians get $150 and $200 a month shift differencial but is that fair compared to what patrol got? And as far as the off duty hourly raise, the sheriff already said he's not going to.....let me quote....."strong arm" the businesses in this county for fear of loosing votes! The sheriff wouldn't need to worry about off duty rates if we made a decent salary. I think it's his own orientation class for new recruits that tells newbys not to depend on off duty for their living beacause it could go away and they don't need to depend on it always being there. It's an endles battle for deputies and you know it! We'll never get what's fair and as far as the comment the chief made....why did PBA stand for that kind of comment without demanding a public apology to patrol. We pay our dues every month not only for legal protection but to be our voice and to stand up for what's right for us. We see nothing more than bowing down under pressure. By the way, another post mentioned Tuarts' 5.4 million allocation from property taxes for raises compared to the 3.4 million that was given, how about an answer for that. Seems no one responded with an answer, is that something that was just more BS or was that 2 million used for more hurricane toys?

01-17-2007, 03:39 AM
From the PBA website:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Sincerely,

Bain CusterYes and what about the "major pay raises" for the directors, have they agreed to put on a uniform and work the streets and put themselves in "harms way" or do they get to stay safely behind the walls of the administration building and not worry about what waits for them around the next corner!

01-17-2007, 09:02 AM
My math may be off just a little, but on average an 8-9 year deputy currently makes about 32,500.00. So add the 5% roughly 1625. your at 34,195.

rookies make 32,895 ? so for your loyalty you make rougly 85 cent more an hour than someone who has been here since breakfast?

at this rate we need to raise the side job fee to 478 dollars per hour.

01-22-2007, 01:56 AM
From the PBA website:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
Thanks for the info Bain but do you think it's fair for an eight year veteran to only be raised up to what a one year deputy is going to make? And it's nice that civilians get $150 and $200 a month shift differencial but is that fair compared to what patrol got? And as far as the off duty hourly raise, the sheriff already said he's not going to.....let me quote....."strong arm" the businesses in this county for fear of loosing votes! The sheriff wouldn't need to worry about off duty rates if we made a decent salary. I think it's his own orientation class for new recruits that tells newbys not to depend on off duty for their living beacause it could go away and they don't need to depend on it always being there. It's an endles battle for deputies and you know it! We'll never get what's fair and as far as the comment the chief made....why did PBA stand for that kind of comment without demanding a public apology to patrol. We pay our dues every month not only for legal protection but to be our voice and to stand up for what's right for us. We see nothing more than bowing down under pressure. By the way, another post mentioned Tuarts' 5.4 million allocation from property taxes for raises compared to the 3.4 million that was given, how about an answer for that. Seems no one responded with an answer, is that something that was just more BS or was that 2 million used for more hurricane toys?PBA members are waiting for your response Bain! You must waiting for the Sheriff to return from hunting this weekend so he can tell you what to say! Does the name "Judas" ring a bell!

01-22-2007, 02:13 AM
From the PBA website:

Evenings - $150 a month

Midnights - $200 a month

Sincerely,

Bain Custer
Thanks for the info Bain but do you think it's fair for an eight year veteran to only be raised up to what a one year deputy is going to make? And it's nice that civilians get $150 and $200 a month shift differencial but is that fair compared to what patrol got? And as far as the off duty hourly raise, the sheriff already said he's not going to.....let me quote....."strong arm" the businesses in this county for fear of loosing votes! The sheriff wouldn't need to worry about off duty rates if we made a decent salary. I think it's his own orientation class for new recruits that tells newbys not to depend on off duty for their living beacause it could go away and they don't need to depend on it always being there. It's an endles battle for deputies and you know it! We'll never get what's fair and as far as the comment the chief made....why did PBA stand for that kind of comment without demanding a public apology to patrol. We pay our dues every month not only for legal protection but to be our voice and to stand up for what's right for us. We see nothing more than bowing down under pressure. By the way, another post mentioned Tuarts' 5.4 million allocation from property taxes for raises compared to the 3.4 million that was given, how about an answer for that. Seems no one responded with an answer, is that something that was just more BS or was that 2 million used for more hurricane toys?PBA members are waiting for your response Bain! You must waiting for the Sheriff to return from hunting this weekend so he can tell you what to say! Does the name "Judas" ring a bell!Mike Kunart wasn't liked either but at least he was a "thorn in the Sheriffs side" and not an "ace in his pocket!"
Another P O'ed Deputy!

01-22-2007, 02:25 AM
PBA members are waiting for your response Bain! You must waiting for the Sheriff to return from hunting this weekend so he can tell you what to say! Does the name "Judas" ring a bell!

Did you call him yet?

01-22-2007, 03:54 AM
PBA members are waiting for your response Bain! You must waiting for the Sheriff to return from hunting this weekend so he can tell you what to say! Does the name "Judas" ring a bell!

Did you call him yet?

Good point.

Better still call Philip Nix; he will know the answer and is anxiously awaiting member's calls.

James O' Hara, Alan Miller and the rest of the board should have the answer also. Call them.

Bain is just one person and can't do everything. Neither could you.

01-22-2007, 04:07 AM

Did you call him yet?

Good point.

Better still call Philip Nix; he will know the answer and is anxiously awaiting member's calls.

James O' Hara, Alan Miller and the rest of the board should have the answer also. Call them.

Bain is just one person and can't do everything. Neither could you.This was an open question for anyone who knew to answer. Evidently they don't care enough to respond and besides they are probably left in the dark like the rest of us.

02-01-2007, 08:57 PM
Well, guess it's out. We'll enjoy our measly 5% while others (directors) enjoy their up to $31,000 (Willie) pay RAISE!. I am sure we will all find some use for our extra 30 bucks! I may even donate some money to the disaster response team to make the directors look good. Not much else to say here. Once again.....workers screwed at the expense of raises to the administration. I don't know about you all but there are plenty of agencies that could use some experienced law enforcement officers. We have many excellent officers employed here. Just to alleviate any debate over that sentence, of course just like any agency there are some that aren't (that's what happens when the pay puts people at the poverty level!) Simply look around. Lee County (If you'd like to stay in Florida) will pay you based on your experience when you start. 10 years of experience and you'll start at around 51,000!! Cost of living is a little more but comparable. I am sure there will be a mass exodus following this announcement and I'll race ya to the door! Anyone under 10 yrs or so should consider other agencies. You will maintain your retirement within the State of Florida and be paid what you are worth! We all know we're not going to get rich doing this job and many have made this career choice with many other qualifications (higher paying). At least you won't have to work side jobs simply to put food on the table if you go somewhere else. That will leave all of the "directors" to work the road! Oh, by the way, it may have been an excuse that the County retracted some of the money had a 5% across the board been given, BUT this obviously was not the case! Good luck everyone!

02-01-2007, 10:16 PM
Well, guess it's out. We'll enjoy our measly 5% while others (directors) enjoy their up to $31,000 (Willie) pay RAISE!. I am sure we will all find some use for our extra 30 bucks! I may even donate some money to the disaster response team to make the directors look good. Not much else to say here. Once again.....workers screwed at the expense of raises to the administration. I don't know about you all but there are plenty of agencies that could use some experienced law enforcement officers. We have many excellent officers employed here. Just to alleviate any debate over that sentence, of course just like any agency there are some that aren't (that's what happens when the pay puts people at the poverty level!) Simply look around. Lee County (If you'd like to stay in Florida) will pay you based on your experience when you start. 10 years of experience and you'll start at around 51,000!! Cost of living is a little more but comparable. I am sure there will be a mass exodus following this announcement and I'll race ya to the door! Anyone under 10 yrs or so should consider other agencies. You will maintain your retirement within the State of Florida and be paid what you are worth! We all know we're not going to get rich doing this job and many have made this career choice with many other qualifications (higher paying). At least you won't have to work side jobs simply to put food on the table if you go somewhere else. That will leave all of the "directors" to work the road! Oh, by the way, it may have been an excuse that the County retracted some of the money had a 5% across the board been given, BUT this obviously was not the case! Good luck everyone!Not far behind you brother!! Adios to all, I'm packing as we speak........

02-02-2007, 05:43 AM
Heard a new "rumor" today that the Intelligence Unit is getting an across the board raise; somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18%. Any truth to that?

02-02-2007, 05:21 PM
Heard a new "rumor" today that the Intelligence Unit is getting an across the board raise; somewhere in the neighborhood of 15-18%. Any truth to that?Maybe so! Let's call Bain, he'll set up a "three hour meeting!" with the sheriff to clear this rumor up! I know my monthly dues are a waist!!!!

02-02-2007, 07:33 PM
What does the PBA have to do with how the money got broken down?

02-02-2007, 08:23 PM
What does the PBA have to do with how the money got broken down?Well it could be that the PBA is there to fight for what is right for its' members, not to just provide you with an attorney if you get in trouble! Oh! I'm sorry, am I responding to a McNugget, I forgot, intell is made up of Rex, a former "narcotics officer", and civilian employees! My bad! I guess they do deserve substantial raises especially since most of them are female and have had their asses grabbed by (you know who) in the past so lets keep them happy and they won't file sexual harrassment complaints. Well I guess I didn't think before I responded, got to go now, I have three signal 15's to work today so I can keep my family from starving. Hey, are there any over paid "do nothings" out there that might cover a shift for me tonight so I can pick up another signal 15 or two?

02-02-2007, 09:23 PM
You guys embarass me to even know I work the streets with you, you bunch of whiners.

I was talking with another deputy and we realized two things...1, that it would have been nice to get more of a raise. But the important one, #2, is that we got almost exactly what the admin promised. If you remember back last summer, when the audit started, they told us they expected we would get a 10% raise that year. Then it became 3 in August, with the other 7% prmoised in January, for a total of 10%. What we actually got was 3% in August and 5% now, for a total of 8%. They promised 10, we got 8. Big freakin deal. We are even with or above the pay level of 90% of agencies in the panhandle.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the desparity in teh amount of raise given to the higher-ups...but get over it concerning our percentage..for the most part, we got what was promised, and are even with other agencies.

02-02-2007, 10:35 PM
You guys embarass me to even know I work the streets with you, you bunch of whiners.

I was talking with another deputy and we realized two things...1, that it would have been nice to get more of a raise. But the important one, #2, is that we got almost exactly what the admin promised. If you remember back last summer, when the audit started, they told us they expected we would get a 10% raise that year. Then it became 3 in August, with the other 7% prmoised in January, for a total of 10%. What we actually got was 3% in August and 5% now, for a total of 8%. They promised 10, we got 8. Big freakin deal. We are even with or above the pay level of 90% of agencies in the panhandle.

If you want to complain about something, complain about the desparity in teh amount of raise given to the higher-ups...but get over it concerning our percentage..for the most part, we got what was promised, and are even with other agencies.

It must be promotion time...yep...let the A** kissing begin.again. You are out of your mind if you think we got what we were promised. For your 14 the 3% in october was not from the sheriff, it came from the county. He wants you to believe it was he that got it. YOU obviously were not at the joint musters when the sheriff and chief said at least 7% in JANUARY!!!!! PROBABLY more. WHat about the surveys?????? A waste of money!. You probably haven't work the "STREETS" in years. You stay in your office and suck up, you'll be the next to get promoted. oh, I bet you are a PBA board member too!! I heard that some of them got 15%.....must be nice

02-03-2007, 04:50 AM
What does the PBA have to do with how the money got broken down?Well it could be that the PBA is there to fight for what is right for its' members, not to just provide you with an attorney if you get in trouble!

Again, more whining without suggestions. What do you want the PBA to do specifically?

02-03-2007, 02:21 PM
One of the first things that they could do is endorse another candidate running for Sheriff. Simple, but effective.

02-03-2007, 06:52 PM
What does the PBA have to do with how the money got broken down?Well it could be that the PBA is there to fight for what is right for its' members, not to just provide you with an attorney if you get in trouble!

Again, more whining without suggestions. What do you want the PBA to do specifically?How about a new PBA president who won't sell himself out, who remembers where he came from and will go to bat for the troops and not bow down to the higher ups! And yes I do remember we have a PBA election coming up, so does everyone else!

02-03-2007, 08:47 PM
I highly suggest you run. You have so many good ideas.

02-04-2007, 04:24 AM
You have the right to your opinion........BUT you do not know what Bain and I and others sat through during negoiations. We do not have a say of how the money is dispersed. But like the other poster said "Come on down, jump in if you think you can do a better job, step up put your name to something......But I don't think you do. Because if you did, you would put your name of it, but you hide behind anonymity. Again you do have the right to you opinion. James O'Hara

02-04-2007, 08:40 AM
I'll remain anonymous, but I commend James for stepping up to the plate and identifying himself while defending what he thinks was the right thing to do. I don't really know Bain, nor do I know the most of the other PBA members, but I do know James O'Hara, and I've never thought that he was out for himself in the sense that many other PBA board members have been in the past.

That said, James...understand their mistrust. Understand their pain. Understand that they are sick of seeing political appointees (favors) go from making 30 something thousand to 75ish thousand in a do nothing job. Remember that they don't understand why vehicle mechanics make more than they do while they're out getting their asses beaten or shot at while admin (and mechanics) sleep at night.

I don't know what you can do about it. All that I can suggest is that PBA let the Sheriff know in no uncertain terms that the rank and file are tired of it and that he won't get their support until it stops. Remind him that Charlie Johnson wasn't beaten by the public but by hundreds of deputies who worked diligently to get his butt out of office before we all left. Remind him that Jim Lowman was well thougth of by most of us...but his admin was not. They cost Jim Lowman his job.

Tell him. Hopefully he'll listen. If he doesn't, then he can only blame himself, because it won't be the Aretys and David Craigs or CLEO or killing a deer that beat him. He'll beat himself if he doesn't have his departments support. And from what I'm hearing he doesn't right now.

02-04-2007, 01:55 PM
i don't know why everyone is complaining about getting 5%. we voted for him and he got us more money and he will give us another 5% 4 years from now after we get him elected again.

thank you ronnie. thank you bain.

sincerely,
~waiting for 2011 so i can get my next 5%!

02-04-2007, 02:01 PM
I'll remain anonymous, but I commend James for stepping up to the plate and identifying himself while defending what he thinks was the right thing to do. I don't really know Bain, nor do I know the most of the other PBA members, but I do know James O'Hara, and I've never thought that he was out for himself in the sense that many other PBA board members have been in the past.

That said, James...understand their mistrust. Understand their pain. Understand that they are sick of seeing political appointees (favors) go from making 30 something thousand to 75ish thousand in a do nothing job. Remember that they don't understand why vehicle mechanics make more than they do while they're out getting their asses beaten or shot at while admin (and mechanics) sleep at night.

I don't know what you can do about it. All that I can suggest is that PBA let the Sheriff know in no uncertain terms that the rank and file are tired of it and that he won't get their support until it stops. Remind him that Charlie Johnson wasn't beaten by the public but by hundreds of deputies who worked diligently to get his butt out of office before we all left. Remind him that Jim Lowman was well thougth of by most of us...but his admin was not. They cost Jim Lowman his job.

Tell him. Hopefully he'll listen. If he doesn't, then he can only blame himself, because it won't be the Aretys and David Craigs or CLEO or killing a deer that beat him. He'll beat himself if he doesn't have his departments support. And from what I'm hearing he doesn't right now.

You are absolutely correct!!! I know both James and Bain. James is a good hearted guy, always has been. He is out for everyone, not just himself. On the other hand, Bain, out for one person..BAIN. James I wish you could step up and tell the other board members they have to do something. Phil, your out for Phil. This department SUCKS!!!! the morale is the lowest I've seen it in 14 years. Road deputies are getting screwed all over. what if the road deputies quit..... warrants- are you gonna give up your extra money to come out on the streets? Investigations... are you gonna give up your extra money ??? I think not!!! PBA is worth nothing. save your money each week and get out. Don't you know that is what the sheriff wants. He wants to break PBA. Hes doing a great job. Whos is next to get promoted? How about MW.... you are on the board, your Rex's little buddy.... yEP you are next... BG how about we give you 15% raise. James....open your eyes can't you see whats going on all around you.

02-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Your mouth is still running and you still haven't had one suggestion. Why don't you get on the board?

I guess if you're a PBA board member you forfeit the right to get promoted in your eyes. Whatever. You say you know Bain. You may know of him, but you don't know him if you truly believe the conspiracy b.s. You crack me up because now that MH is in intel you think he is Rex's boy. TH had the job prior and it didn't help him.

You are a sad person. I imagine you as a 10-15 year deputy who never did anything to get ahead. You've definately never been promoted. You've never been in a specialized unit but you've probably tried to get in one. You're probably not married, maybe divorced. You feel that you are always the victim, under Johnson, Lowman, and now McNesby. You are under the delusion that there is a perfect agency. You sit back and point your finger at others who try to do the best they can and criticize them so you don't have to point at yourself for doing nothing. Please quit talking about leaving and go. I'm sure there are tons of departments who could your suggestions. Oh I forgot. You have none.

02-04-2007, 03:14 PM
we got a 5% raise, but the CPI for last year rose 2.5% so actually we only got a 2.5% raise. guess it's better than nothing.

02-04-2007, 03:49 PM
we got a 5% raise, but the CPI for last year rose 2.5% so actually we only got a 2.5% raise. guess it's better than nothing.

Actually, some experts put the CPI closer to 6% and Angora Research has the true numbers between 7% and 8%. If you factor in shelter (housing) at 4.6%, the numbers start pushing 10% to 11%. Maybe the union reps should have done some research.

02-05-2007, 02:58 AM

Actually, some experts put the CPI closer to 6% and Angora Research has the true numbers between 7% and 8%. If you factor in shelter (housing) at 4.6%, the numbers start pushing 10% to 11%. Maybe the union reps should have done some research.

They did try to do research but it was hard to concentrate on the report while getting blown by a crime scene tech. It's ok though, they're only friends.