PDA

View Full Version : CID

01-14-2007, 11:56 PM
I am going to make it brief. Why are the post pertaining to CID erased on this form.
The rumours must be true of what has occurred in CID.
Careful with your response. It will be sensored immediately and erased by the powers to be.

01-15-2007, 02:41 AM
Due to the fact that several of the accusations appear to be criminal in nature, this is not the place to post them. If there is an ongoing investigation into the allegations, you wouold not want them on here either.

MOD 1
01-15-2007, 05:11 AM
I am going to make it brief. Why are the post pertaining to CID erased on this form.
The rumours must be true of what has occurred in CID.
Careful with your response. It will be sensored immediately and erased by the powers to be.The only posts that are to be removed from any of these boards, are those posts that violate the Terms of Use.

If you make a post that you feel does not violate the Terms of Use and you think it will be deleted, please email me a copy of the post when you make it. I can then determine whether posts are being deleted that should not be.

MOD 335
01-15-2007, 07:41 AM
I can tell you right now that the deleted posts made reference to a situation which could lead to serious consequences and as such were not appropriate for this forum. Guest and MOD 1 are absolutely correct. These posts were a violation of the terms of use and were deleted. We encourage constructive debate in a civilized and professional manner on this site. Drawing an inference of truth from the fact that a post was deleted is highly misguided.

01-15-2007, 09:08 AM
I think the word you wish to use is "censored." Maybe a little less time on the juice and a little more in the books is what you need, departmentally speaking of course. Or do your laptops have Industrial Strength SpellCheck?

01-15-2007, 03:33 PM
someone can find a round about way to say what happened....let's roll!!!!

01-16-2007, 02:55 AM
Listen, if you are so interested, you know who the parties involved are, so grab your sack and ask them yourself. I have already heard like 4 different versions of this story. This is a public forum, and that type of information does nothing but make us look bad.

01-16-2007, 06:07 AM
Listen, if you are so interested, you know who the parties involved are, so grab your sack and ask them yourself. I have already heard like 4 different versions of this story. This is a public forum, and that type of information does nothing but make us look bad.
if the skin fits...wear it...how many times can brass step on their d---s and get away with it?

01-16-2007, 05:27 PM
If anything, this issue points to the obvious "double standard" that is prevalent in this department. These types of situations should be brought out in order to correct that problem. If anyone higher ranked than those involved are reading this, do the right thing and treat those person(s) the same as you would treat a rookie. In fact, they should be treated harder BECAUSE of their high ranking position.

01-16-2007, 06:37 PM
If anything, this issue points to the obvious "double standard" that is prevalent in this department. These types of situations should be brought out in order to correct that problem. If anyone higher ranked than those involved are reading this, do the right thing and treat those person(s) the same as you would treat a rookie. In fact, they should be treated harder BECAUSE of their high ranking position.

SADLY, "LEADING BY EXAMPLE" HAS BECOME AN EXTINCT COMMAND PRINCIPLE!

MOD 1
01-17-2007, 01:19 AM
I deleted a post because it called out a specific person. Please let's not keep doing this. The same thing could have been stated without calling out the individual and I would not have deleted it.

MOD 1

01-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Well done MOD 1, not only did that last post use names, but it also made akkegations towards the wrong person.

Here is a hint to all you guys posting crap on here. Quit being followers and listening to rumors that float around the station. If you are curious about something go to the source. That last post was not even close to what happened.

01-17-2007, 05:24 AM
Disparity in the way our department disciplines their officers. That is why officers who have been wrongfully fired have gotten their jobs back, and will continue to be coming back.

01-17-2007, 07:59 PM
CAN SOME ONE EXPLAIN WITH OUT TOO MUCH DETAIL WHAT IS GOING ON UP THERE?
DONT MENTION NAMES , BUT PLEASE GIVE ME AN IDEA :?:

01-18-2007, 07:57 PM
I'll give it a try. If I make any mistakes, someone please correct me.....It appears that a certain CID LT was making unwanted racial/ethnic/religious slurs towards Detectives even after he was asked to stop. Slurs such as "beaner", "Jew boy", etc. When the CID Sgt went to the Captain of CID to discuss this unwanted behaviour, he was told something to the effect of, "Don't you know I've already hit another Sgt, and I'll do it to you also." The Sgt immediately went up the fourth floor to speak with the Chief who told him to hold off for a couple of months because those two persons would no longer be in CID. We all presume that he means they will get promoted and transferred out. IF THIS IS TRUE, I hope that the Sgt involved and the Union does something about this because for the response by the Chief to be to try and "cover it up", is an unacceptable response from someone who is supposed to be leading by example! This information was given to me third party so please make of it what you want.

01-18-2007, 08:18 PM
I'll give it a try. If I make any mistakes, someone please correct me.....It appears that a certain CID LT was making unwanted racial/ethnic/religious slurs towards Detectives even after he was asked to stop. Slurs such as "beaner", "Jew boy", etc. When the CID Sgt went to the Captain of CID to discuss this unwanted behaviour, he was told something to the effect of, "Don't you know I've already hit another Sgt, and I'll do it to you also." The Sgt immediately went up the fourth floor to speak with the Chief who told him to hold off for a couple of months because those two persons would no longer be in CID. We all presume that he means they will get promoted and transferred out. IF THIS IS TRUE, I hope that the Sgt involved and the Union does something about this because for the response by the Chief to be to try and "cover it up", is an unacceptable response from someone who is supposed to be leading by example! This information was given to me third party so please make of it what you want.

The Top Dog must walk alone!

When a subordinate supervisor has the fortitude to walk up to the Chief's Office, and personally complain about a co-worker's offensive behavior, the Chief must take immediate and decisive action. In this case, direct Internal Affairs commander to commence an investigation, as well as, remove the offending party or parties from the unit until the allegation(s) is/are Sustained, Not Sustained, Unfounded or Exonerated.

But what do I know, I'm just an old street cop.

01-20-2007, 02:23 AM
Incensed: I agree with you 100% but it appears our Top Dog only protects his chosen few litter and does not always do what is the right thing. He has clearly demonstrated in the past when it comes to command staff "blunders", that it is an embarassment to himself to actually discipline them and prefers to just sweep it up under the carpet and wait until everyone forgets about it.

I'm not sure that was the kind of Leadership Frankiln Covey had in mind.

01-20-2007, 03:56 AM
Ummm....dogs don't have litters

01-20-2007, 11:59 PM
DD:
Stop protecting your command staff. Do the right thing and investigate this serious situation that is occurring under your command. This is not going to go away. Too many officers know the inequality that you have promoted.

01-21-2007, 06:15 AM
is it even an open IA case?

01-22-2007, 05:07 AM
Maybe our FOP President, who is aware of the situation, can advise us if an IA investigation has been initiated.

01-29-2007, 05:37 PM
OUR FOP IS ANEMIC at BEST
HE BOSTS ABOUT HIS STRENGTH ( THEY LAUGH BEHIND HIS BACK)
OUR IA is as ACTIVE in informing our members as to whats going on as TV guide is read in the house of the blind.

Im not missing this next FOP meeting with METZGER for ANYTHING
its going to be standing room only