PDA

View Full Version : Awesome Job BPD

01-14-2007, 12:08 AM
BPD nice job on assisting and finding the smucks who killed the trooper. I hope they rot in hell.

01-14-2007, 12:40 AM
Thanks to BPD SWAT for going to Highlands County and helping to find the killers of the Trooper. I hear you ended up with one of them in the Orange grove. Right place right time. Thanks

01-14-2007, 08:31 AM
Suspects held in trooper's shooting: One suspect turned self in to Bradenton SWAT team officers
ASSOCIATED PRESS
LAKE PLACID - Two suspects in the shooting death of a Florida Highway Patrol trooper were arrested Saturday, authorities said.

Joshua Lee Altersberger, 19, was arrested at his home in Sebring about 4:30 a.m. Saturday and was charged with first-degree murder in the death of Sergeant Nicholas Sottile a day earlier. A second man, 21-year-old Quintin Jerome Kinder, of Bainbridge, Ga., was also arrested, after giving himself up to Bradenton Police Department SWAT officers at about 6 a.m., but charges were pending.

The SWAT team had been assisting with the search near here.

Sottile, 48, observed Altersberger driving erratically Friday and pulled him over. As Sottile approached the vehicle, Kinder, the passenger, fled on foot to a nearby Orange grove, said Ernie Duarte, a spokesman for the highway patrol. Sottile went back to his patrol car to call for backup and then began walking toward the suspects' car when Altersberger shot him in the chest at 3:22 p.m., Duarte said.

Altersberger fled; Sottile was flown to Florida Hospital Lake Placid and pronounced dead. The suspects' vehicle was later found in an orange grove in Sebring.

Sottile had worked for the FHP for nearly 24 years. He is survived by a wife, Elizabeth; a daughter, Heather, of Orlando; and a son Nicholas, of Tampa, who also works for the FHP.

The last time a Florida Highway Patrol trooper was shot and killed was in May 1998, in Pasco County. James B. Crooks, 23, was attempting to apprehend a suspect who had just shot and killed two Tampa Police Department detectives. Crooks had been with FHP for nine months.

Sottile's funeral will be held Tuesday in Sebring. His death was noted by Gov. Charlie Crist.

"My thoughts and prayers are with the family of Sgt. Nick Sottile and his fellow troopers," Crist said in a statement. "Our law enforcement officers put their lives on the line everyday for the safety and security of our state and I speak for all Floridians in offering our deepest gratitude for their sacrifices."

01-15-2007, 12:49 AM
Today I am proud to call myself a BPD officer. A fellow brother's life was taken in the line of duty and we stepped up and helped get the job done. Good job guy's!!!!

01-15-2007, 01:41 AM
What a Crock of Sh.it BPD was no more help in that apprehention than LAPD. Get over yourselves and stop taking credit for things you had nothing to do with. Unreal....

01-15-2007, 02:30 AM
What a Crock of Sh.it BPD was no more help in that apprehention than LAPD. Get over yourselves and stop taking credit for things you had nothing to do with. Unreal....

Speaking to FHP, FDLE are the ones to give the credit to.

01-15-2007, 02:57 AM
EXACTLY

01-15-2007, 02:15 PM
All we are saying is that we, yes we are proud that our Chief let our SWAT Team go to Highlands County and try to help another LAW Enforcement Agency in the time of need.
Yes, BPD SWAT was in the right place at the right time and the guy turned himself in to them.

It was still a good thing to be sent there and we are proud that we even played such a little part.

I can't believe I am going to say this like the Chief says to people who just hate BPD. 'GET OVER IT' :D

01-15-2007, 05:49 PM
MSO is just jeallous because they were late to the party and did not get asked to dance :P

01-15-2007, 07:31 PM
Yeah thats what happened... While your admin was being "blessed" We were out fighting crime :lol:

01-15-2007, 09:58 PM
It was a good job done by everyone involved. The Bad guys were caught. And for the recored MSO was over there long before most to include BPD. That said thank you BPD for helping the many agency's involved.

01-15-2007, 11:14 PM
Good job to our SWAT team!!!! I hope those loser have the justice that they deserve brought to them. God bless the Trooper and his family.

01-16-2007, 12:55 AM
It was nice to be part of a HUGE effort to catch the BG's. Truth be told, the credit for the capture of the fugitive in the orange groves goes to all of those who held the perimeter overnight and contained the suspect. And to the Watch Pilots that kept the dirtbag pinned down. It was an outstanding show of force, coordination and TEAM effort, not an individual effort, that was responsible for the capture of both suspects. Now let's hope they both get what they deserve :!:

01-16-2007, 11:28 PM
Today out browth of Law Enforcement was taken to his final resting place. To him I have to say: Thank ou for your service, and your dedication. Goodbye our faithful brother of the law.

01-17-2007, 09:52 PM
Thanks to BPD and MSO and everyone invovled. I am from Highlands and we could not of done it without everyone involved! Thanks to thouse that came yesterday to show their respect, the family was very touched by everyone. Specfially when told about the line of cars they commented "dad would be proud"

DS HCSO