PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Marts missing shopping cart

01-11-2007, 08:10 PM
For those of you that don't know Wal-Mart is missing a shopping cart. :shock:

It seems that an unnamed BPD officer arrested a woman in possession of this cart. The same officer did not want to leave the poor womans shopping cart behind with all of her possessions so he towed (yes I said TOWED) the shopping cart next to his drivers door all the way to the port from the city of Bradenton. :oops:

Now some of you are saying this can't be true. Oh, yes it is. It has been confirmed through various sources including a Sgt. who saw him towing the cart. The Sgt. only thought he was moving it to the side of the road. It has also been confirmed by the jail staff who witnessed hi bringing it in to the Sally Port.

Alas the poor shopping cart did not make the entire 10 mile trip unscathed. One of the wheels had melted due to the long ride. :lol:

01-11-2007, 10:45 PM
WOW!!!!!!! thats funny!!! I would called a t-70 :wink: Not!!!!!!!

01-11-2007, 11:42 PM
Here are the facts!!!!!
1 ) She had a warrant (I could not NTA or Capias her)
2 ) She had more things in that cart than I could put in the car
3 ) ALL Her family refused to take the items
4 ) She demanded that ALL the items come to the jail with her (even after she was told that the jail would throw some of them out)
5 ) There were no RX pills in the cart (only motrin - over the counter stuff).
6 ) No credit cards were in her stuff
7 ) Once the cart was emptied out it was able to be placed sideways and strapped into the trunk, and then returned to walmart.
8 ) I was not offered any help from any Sgt. or anyone else, I woul dhave taken the help gladly - my arm hurt after that journey
9 ) an Lt advised to take all the items to the jail (but, I dont think he knew how much stuff there was).
10 ) A citizen (even if she was homeless) is happy with the service that she received (even after being arrested), therefore she will not complain that I discarded her personal items against her demand.

I was told by several people that I should have just ditched her stuff on the side of the road - nice, that is an IA waiting to happen. This way everyone was happy (maybe not the jail).
You have to treat people with respect (homeless or not), and you must respect their property (homeless or not).

Now you know the facts from the Cart Caper directly!!!!!!!!!!

01-12-2007, 01:01 AM
Your a.ss is ours. This will be atleast 3 days!

01-12-2007, 09:53 PM
dont worry Evans we got your back

01-16-2007, 02:04 PM
Well.. I applaud his compassion. Being a cop doesn't mean you always have to be so tough and mean!

I have a 26 year old daughter, who is (was) beautiful, sweet, kind hearted, hard working - until drugs over took her life. She goes from place to place with a sack of all she has left. HOW SAD! I pray everyday for my daughter and I am waiting for a miracle to happen. I hope that if she ever finds herself in a situation such as the shopping cart lady - that Officer Evan's is the officer on duty.

GIVE HIM A BREAK for being HUMAN, and stop making the rest of you look like cold hearted jerks!

01-16-2007, 03:03 PM
The Police Chief was quoted saying that "He can't teach common sense", well, thankfully he doesn't need to teach Officer Evans compassion. I think he deserves praise for what he's done - not ridicule. God bless you, Officer Evans!

01-16-2007, 03:42 PM
The Police Chief was quoted saying that "He can't teach common sense", well, thankfully he doesn't need to teach Officer Evans compassion. I think he deserves praise for what he's done - not ridicule. God bless you, Officer Evans!

WELL IT TOOK HIM AN HOUR TO BRING IT ALL THE WAY TO THE PORT, THAT IS TIME THAT HE COULD HAVE BEEN PATROLLING THE STREETS. THEN THE PORT CALLED HIM AND MADE HIM GO BACK AND GET IT. AND HE WAS OFFERED ASSISTANCE FROM AN MSO SGT, THE OFFICER SAID THAT HE HAD IT UNDER CONTROL.

01-16-2007, 05:16 PM
You cannot teach common sense. He could of done a lot of things but to DRAG that on the road to put us in danger!!!! Yes what if my son ran into that cart driving by on 41 going to the port at a speed in excess of 55. Is that worth puting the rest of us driving :x in that senseless danger.

That act could of killed someone on the road in the dark of night.

Does anyone really think that was his only option? Use the sense God gave you!!!! So yes the Chief was right and I bet he knew better and was just making a statement to his Sergant for making him take care of the property.

01-17-2007, 12:27 AM
Yeah, give the BPD officer a hard time for pulling a shopping cart, at least he wasn't taking pictures of his johnson. is that using common sense? MSO has idiots too as we all know.

01-18-2007, 01:06 PM
THIS "CART PUSHING" BPD OFFICER IS 1 DUMB 50-MOFO!

01-18-2007, 05:24 PM
Yeah, cuz that's so much more embarassing than that whole Cleo's incident.

01-18-2007, 08:05 PM
Some of y'all need to lighten up. Who cares if he was pulling a shopping cart. I think other officers would have handled things differently, some would have handled it the same way. There is no wrong or right reason. Five years from now, no one is going to care one way or the other.

01-19-2007, 03:22 AM
I think the shopping cart has a 6 year warranty

01-20-2007, 05:07 AM
http://i47.photobucket.com/albums/f179/Havikkkk/shoppingcart.jpg

01-20-2007, 08:00 AM
Duuuuuh that is funny!!

01-20-2007, 02:55 PM
The property belonging to that woman belongs to her and must be taken with her to the port. The shopping cart does NOT belong to her and must be returned to the owner.

You can not tell me that a cart full of food CAN NOT be placed in a patrol car; Front passenger seat and trunk. What about another patrol car?.

Come on. I don't know a single Officer/Deputy that would have thrown away that womens personal property, no matter what it was. If you think the jail wont take it, well, that is the jails responsibilty, not ours!.

Every officer /Deputy I know would have taken that womans personal belongings with her to the port, but without the stolen shopping cart.

This Officer is not a hero for saving this womens property. He was obligated to take her property with her to the jail, but he risked himself and others by dragging the stolen shopping cart out the window of his patrol vehicle with his arm.

Please, Don't try to be the hero by saying that the only reason you pulled a shopping cart next to your partol vehicle was to save her property; The same property that you say would have been thrown away by ANY other Officer.

Not true at all..

01-24-2007, 05:16 AM
YOU KNOW THERE IS A CRIMINAL OFFENSE FOR THE STOLEN CART AND IF THE ITEMS WERE CHECKED, WHERE DID THE PIG READY TO COOK COME FROM? THE CART WAS EVIDENCE OF A THEFT AND NEEDED TO BE RETURNED OR TRANSPORTED BY VAN OR TRUCK TO THE EVIDENCE DROP OFF AREA. THIS OFFICER DID NOT USE COMMON SENSE AND COME TO A ACCEPTABLE CONCLUSION. YOU CAN NOT TEACH COMMON SENSE.