PDA

View Full Version : banquet

01-08-2007, 02:13 AM
Great party!!!!!!!!!!

01-08-2007, 05:51 PM
This is for several people that attended.
Please get some help. It's beyond sad, it's down right scary.

AA/Alcoholics Anonymous
PINELLAS CO. INTERGROUP INC.
8340 ULMERTON RD SUITE 220
AMERICAN BUSINESS CTR
LARGO FL 33771
727 530-0415
E-mail: centraloffice@aapinellas.org
http://www.aapinellas.org

CENTRAL OFFICE OF WEST PASCO
GREENE KEY PLAZA ROOM 505
6611 US HWY 19
NEW PORT RICHEY FL 34652-2938
HOTLINE 727 847-0777

01-08-2007, 06:16 PM
I agree!! That was embarrassing. I understand that everyone wants to let loose, but there should be a limit!!!!!

01-08-2007, 08:06 PM
For the two that posted above. STAY HOME NEXT TIME.

To the rest. Great party and see ya next yr.

01-08-2007, 08:47 PM
Bah hum bug to the last poster.
The two posters above have some common sense. anyway, there is more where that came from around the water cooler today. SOme people just need to stop after 2 or 3 drinks. cuz hitting on someone elses wife and yelling throughout the hotel at 4 am .. childish

01-08-2007, 08:52 PM
I had a good time and it was nice to have some socialization with everybody afterwards. Part of the fun was the games and entertainment afterwards and most had rooms at the hotel so as far as I'm concerned, they can and should be allowed to have a good a time as they want without being criticized by the Watch Police.

To be fair though, I think next year the Board should put together a paint drying contest for those who think attending a party where alcohol is served is too risque. Maybe one of the Department's Chaplain's can perform a service for those members on the opposite side of the hotel.

Great job to the board and it goes to show you can NEVER please everybody. It also goes to show why the majority of us are afraid to have squad parties or get togethers anymore because of idiots like those who can't watch others have a good time.

Loosen the necktie or the girdle a little there fruit cup. :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-08-2007, 09:29 PM
To be fair though, I think next year the Board should put together a paint drying contest for those who think attending a party where alcohol is served is too risque.

There is nothing wrong with alcohol. No one said that. What WAS said was people getting plastered wasn't cool. And guess what, it's NOT.

01-08-2007, 09:41 PM
This was my first year. We did not spend the night (so i can't comment on the after party) but I do agree with the other poster about Pete. Several tables just kept talking very loudly and it was very rude. Besides that, it was a blast!!!!! I love watching everyone out there dancing. It's great seeing all these serious cops out there cutting up a rug. WOO HOO! See ya next year baby!!

01-08-2007, 09:53 PM
I had a really good time. I think everyone behaved themselves. No one got naked ( thank goodness) I think the other posters are talking about the amount of alcohol that was consumed. Most of the people couldn't even stand. I know my limit so I stopped. others did not and who really cares. It is up to them how they want to live there lives. No one got hurt. I am just not sure if they remembered anything. :D

Now about hitting on each others wives is just dumb. There is absoluting no need to ruin a good time with gossip.

I think the banquet and the after party were great. I loved the food too. I think the FOP guys and girls did an awesome job. Just like every year. Thank you for taking the time to put together a place for us to party, sleep and just have a good time.

01-08-2007, 10:06 PM
I think it's funny that once a year guys will bring their wives to the FOP Banquet - usually they don't want their wives around for fear they'll overhear something their husband has done, or the women he talks to while on duty. Then for 1 night a year, their wife comes to a party and thinks everyone gets along like that all year long. It's hysterical!

Sure we have fun this 1 night a year - but why only 1 night in 365? The wifey can come out then, but then has to go back into hiding the rest of the year - my personal favorite? The guys who normally talk to the female officers on their shift, or during a call or have Code-7 together, - but when the wife is around, Nooooo - can't talk to ya or I'll get in trouble! Talk about insecure...naw, just comical.

01-09-2007, 12:34 AM
You are kinda funny. Why do you have to try and start stuff?

I just love how people hide behind their made up names and come here and try to egg people on.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

Work is work and fun is fun. Some people actually want to spend their fun time w/their wife or girlfriend.

01-09-2007, 01:32 AM
Well.. I'm glad it all stayed contained, no 10-50s from other agencies on y'all, and everyone still worked for CPD the next day.

COM CTR

01-09-2007, 01:50 AM
Not trying to start anything - just know how it is the other 364 days of the year when everyone isn't all dressed up and drinking and prendtending to be something their not 1 day out of the year. Like I said, sure we have fun - but when you work with a certain group months at a time, and 1 night out of the year they pretend to be something they're not.

Everyone knows the guys that prefer not to have their wives involved in things becaue they don't want them to know what actually goes on. It's safe to bring them to a party once a year when the booze is flowing cuz you can always blame someone's comment on "Oh, he/she was just drunk and didn't know what they were saying"

Some people DO actually want to spend time with their wife and girlfriend - 1 night a year they're in the same room, at the same time your right!!! :lol:

01-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Funny how most of us knew what the comments on the party would be before it even began. Very predictable! I think a big thank you is owed to the officers who worked, allowing the rest to attend "OUR" banquet. Great idea how all of our dues help pay for it, but all of us are not able to attend.

01-09-2007, 04:42 PM
These posts appear to be from some fairly new officers. The old school theory of the banquet was a night for the officers and wives to get out, have a nice dinner/dancing/SOME DRINKING and reflect on the year. It was a time to joke and pay respects to the fortunate officers who won awards for their police work. Basically, a good time for some real good people. It is not a continuation of your fraternity party where you play drinking games and hit on wives and girlfriends and talk bad about your brother officers. That's just what I thought it was all about. Times have changed apparently

01-09-2007, 04:49 PM
I think it's funny that once a year guys will bring their wives to the FOP Banquet - usually they don't want their wives around for fear they'll overhear something their husband has done, or the women he talks to while on duty. Then for 1 night a year, their wife comes to a party and thinks everyone gets along like that all year long. It's hysterical!

Sure we have fun this 1 night a year - but why only 1 night in 365? The wifey can come out then, but then has to go back into hiding the rest of the year - my personal favorite? The guys who normally talk to the female officers on their shift, or during a call or have Code-7 together, - but when the wife is around, Nooooo - can't talk to ya or I'll get in trouble! Talk about insecure...naw, just comical.

what I want to know is who would write something like this? An evil insecure female police officer/possible homewrecker? Or a young evil "got nothing better to talk about because my life is dull and I have no one male officer"? Why would you call the female, "wifey", like it is something bad? Are you jealous? I mean why would you actually say that? Just to start something? Oh possible gossip? Please! Typical. I mean we love our husbands/boyfriends/signifigant others, and hope and believe that when they are at work they are working and not worrying about other women on their job. We worry enough everyday and night hoping and praying they will come back home safe to us. If you know that the male police officer is married or in a serious relationship and if I understand what you are saying to be correct, that the wife or girlfriend of the male police officer may not like what is going on between you two on the job is not acceptable then do the right thing and keep it about work. Stop the flirtations or all the gossip or whatver it is you say it is you can't and he can't do in front of his signnifigant other at the banquet. I mean you make yourself look like a fool silly girl and then you make other women all around look like fools too. Aren't women suppose to stick together? Also to the male police officers.....do you not get it? Work is work........have the higher ups so to speak not already made clear examples and ruined the lives of a few of you already who have strayed in your relationships, calling it immoral? These few men were definately made examples of and it was only because they got caught. What a shame. Do the others not get it? I am not trying to preach here but only point out what most people are beginning to think of police officers. It isn't good either. You know it because you all hesitate to tell a girl what you do for a living when a female asks you what your job is........I happen to believe in and trust my husband and hope he will do the right thing daily. So to whoever is trying to stir the pot please just stop we love our cops and hope that when they say they love us too they truly mean it. Let's give back the good name for the police officers. I sure would feel safer out there if I knew you all were doing your job and not worrying about "extra cirricular" activites like this person stated above in the quote to whom I am replying. Okay your turn go ahead insecure and fire something back immature evil and probably half true. Take away what we good hearted signifigant others know to believe and hope to be the truth. What a shame sad person.

01-09-2007, 06:01 PM
Oh...ok - you just close your eyes and believe what you'd like to believe. I must have pushed your button, and certainly not on purpose. I very, very simply made an observation and made a comment based on my observation. I could close my eyes and pretend. Yet in police work, that doesn't work.

You just believe what you want to believe there Hon, keep your eyes closed, cover your ears too. I used the term "Wifey" because someone who iS a wife used that as their user name in another post. PERIOD - No insecurity, no jealousy, nothing. See what happens when you ass/u/me? When even you admit that what I have made a comment on thru observation has happened in the past - you just keep the faith that it's not happening any longer - just like we all think the last drug arrest will be the last, and the last hooker arrest will be the last. I'm not a sad person, I'm a 'trained observer'. I detect a little hostility there in your post - hit too close to home did I?

01-09-2007, 06:22 PM
No matter what, "Boys will be Boys"

01-09-2007, 06:36 PM
Screw watching the next UFC fight on payperview. I want to see these two go at it. Ding ding.

01-09-2007, 06:41 PM
I really don't want to hear about guy cops who wont talk to other females when they are at the banquet with their wives. I saw a female cop who is married to another cop hang all over other men. To me that is just as bad if not worse. Alcohol is no excuse to anyone. Learn to respect each other and their wives. It is really not that hard to be a mature adult. By the way if you know a cop is married why would you belittle yourself to hang all over him, knowing he is married. Two wrongs do not make it right.

01-09-2007, 06:52 PM
I really don't want to hear about guy cops who wont talk to other females when they are at the banquet with their wives. I saw a female cop who is married to another cop hang all over other men. To me that is just as bad if not worse. Alcohol is no excuse to anyone. Learn to respect each other and their wives. It is really not that hard to be a mature adult. By the way if you know a cop is married why would you belittle yourself to hang all over him, knowing he is married. Two wrongs do not make it right.

Well spoken "WELL". very funny did I expect anything else from the "guest who used the "WIFEY" comment. I swear that person is sick it is as if SHE wants the world to see why she hates men......see see they are all alike I can get a man to do anything......maybe you can, you "over achiever" (lol) maybe you can get a man to do anything but you will never keep him. Please do keep your pathetic comments coming. Apparently you are entertaining someone. PS what you have have, all of us women were equiped with, you aren't special (despite what ALL THOSE MEN HAVE TOLD YOU) you just maybe use yours a little more. Good one......no wait I'll pat myself on the back for ya! Oh and "WELL", I do agree there are some women out there that are just as bad as the men this "guest" is talking about but I try to live by those in a glass house shall not throw stones..........life lesson very young on........

01-09-2007, 06:53 PM
Wow, a lot of comments on the banquet this year! This is a little ironic since the husband and I had a lengthy discussion on how everyone kept it pretty together this year. Compared to the debauchery of years past I was thoroughly impressed with everyone’s behavior this year. We've been going for a llloooonnnggg time and some of the Biltmore years were insane! A good time was definitely had by us. I guess we must have left the after party too early.

01-09-2007, 07:00 PM
Oh...ok - you just close your eyes and believe what you'd like to believe. I must have pushed your button, and certainly not on purpose. I very, very simply made an observation and made a comment based on my observation. I could close my eyes and pretend. Yet in police work, that doesn't work.

You just believe what you want to believe there Hon, keep your eyes closed, cover your ears too. I used the term "Wifey" because someone who iS a wife used that as their user name in another post. PERIOD - No insecurity, no jealousy, nothing. See what happens when you arse/u/me? When even you admit that what I have made a comment on thru observation has happened in the past - you just keep the faith that it's not happening any longer - just like we all think the last drug arrest will be the last, and the last hooker arrest will be the last. I'm not a sad person, I'm a 'trained observer'. I detect a little hostility there in your post - hit too close to home did I?

lol what is "arse/u/me"? no you just seem like you like to stir the pot like you love to bring other peoples mistakes to light to make yourself feel good. Did it make you feel good when someone copped a feel, (no pun intended) on you and the guy was married? WINNER WINNER CHIECKEN DINNER. hey loser....he still went home with his wife!

01-09-2007, 07:46 PM
Because the software catches curse words, it looks like the previous writer meant to write a-s-s/u/me. You might be a little young to have ever heard of the term "When you assume, you make an a-s-s out of you and me".

Yet, what is a "chiecken"? How your FTO allowed you to pass the grammer part of report writing, we will never know.

01-09-2007, 07:49 PM
Give me a break. The party was great. No fights, no complaints from the hotel staff or other hotel guests. Yeah, a lot of people were intoxicated, but it was not that bad. A little funny, that's about it. So what! At least those people chose to be responsible and had a room at the hotel. They also used the limo service, which was great thinking from the FOP.

Some of these comments on this message board are ridiculous. If you are that offended about the frat games and drinking, do not go to the after party next year, or just mind your own business. Come on people, I agree with a previous post, which stated this is why we do not have squad parties and other events. I think people are looking for dirt, which is not there.

Good job by the FOP.

01-09-2007, 07:52 PM
This is sooooooo entertaining...

01-09-2007, 08:02 PM
Give me a break. The party was great. No fights, no complaints from the hotel staff or other hotel guests. Yeah, a lot of people were intoxicated, but it was not that bad. A little funny, that's about it. So what! At least those people chose to be responsible and had a room at the hotel. They also used the limo service, which was great thinking from the FOP.

Some of these comments on this message board are ridiculous. If you are that offended about the frat games and drinking, do not go to the after party next year, or just mind your own business. Come on people, I agree with a previous post, which stated this is why we do not have squad parties and other events. I think people are looking for dirt, which is not there.

Good job by the FOP.

yes I agree I am merely pointing out though that this person who wrote in stating this cop did this and this cop did that at the banquet and won't act this way in front of his wife, blah blah blah.......SHE is stirring the pot. Yes people make mistakes but is it her responsiblity to bring it to everyone elses attention because she can't get enough attention on her own? People there were just trying to enjoy themselves. Yes some people went a little overboard BUT get over it.........have you never seen this kind of behavior before? Come on I thought you were the "female" cop who had been there (that's what I heard) done that. Grow up, quit pointing out everyone else's flaws/mistakes and examine your own pig sty. You are the one flirting around with the married cops who you can't be yourself in front of their wives. You are making a mockery of the rest of the women police officers who do take their job seriously......oh wait but they have their own husbands and families to go home to........

01-09-2007, 08:10 PM
Alright everybody, detract claws. :)

I have a few comments to make. First of all, we had a great time! Thank-you to the board and everyone for a wonderful evening. Like the last poster, we've gone to the banquet for many, many years... about 10.

My highlights this year were the board surprising Mrs. Prez. So sweet! She was gracious and humble in her speech.
Watching the officers receive their awards and always deflecting the glory, stating they were doing their job. Makes me so proud to be married to a LEO and that he works with such fine officers.
Of course "Ice, Ice, Baby", it's become a CPD banquet tradition. And "Grease" is the word!

Now onto the issues of marriage. Marriage is hard work. That fairy tale garbage they feed us as little girls, it's all lies. Even though I love my husband with every fiber of my being AND I know we have a very good relationship, it is work. No one's perfect, everyone has problems and issues. That said, you have to have trust. For some people that takes time because of our upbringing or our past.
But, not everyone has a faithful spouse. But just because there are SOME men and women that cheat, it does not mean that ALL men and women cheat. It's wrong to tell every wife her head is in the sand because she trusts her husband. Some women, when they've been betrayed, write all men off as cheaters. This just is NOT TRUE. There are really wonderful, faithful guys at our PD and probably at every PD. But once and for all, not all cops are cheaters!

Lastly, I registered this name because it's too easy to 'shoot off a comment' under 'guest' or some other name. I'm proud to be 'wifeyto1goodcop'. I'm also going out on a limb and posting my real name. So, be nice.

Everyone be safe! And for those w/kids, see you at the Easter party. :D

~TWhite

wifeyto1goodcop
01-09-2007, 08:14 PM
none

01-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Doh! I wasn't logged in. :shock:

Now I am. 8)

Alright everybody, detract claws. :)

I have a few comments to make. First of all, we had a great time! Thank-you to the board and everyone for a wonderful evening. Like the last poster, we've gone to the banquet for many, many years... about 10.

My highlights this year were the board surprising Mrs. Prez. So sweet! She was gracious and humble in her speech.
Watching the officers receive their awards and always deflecting the glory, stating they were doing their job. Makes me so proud to be married to a LEO and that he works with such fine officers.
Of course "Ice, Ice, Baby", it's become a CPD banquet tradition. And "Grease" is the word!

Now onto the issues of marriage. Marriage is hard work. That fairy tale garbage they feed us as little girls, it's all lies. Even though I love my husband with every fiber of my being AND I know we have a very good relationship, it is work. No one's perfect, everyone has problems and issues. That said, you have to have trust. For some people that takes time because of our upbringing or our past.
But, not everyone has a faithful spouse. But just because there are SOME men and women that cheat, it does not mean that ALL men and women cheat. It's wrong to tell every wife her head is in the sand because she trusts her husband. Some women, when they've been betrayed, write all men off as cheaters. This just is NOT TRUE. There are really wonderful, faithful guys at our PD and probably at every PD. But once and for all, not all cops are cheaters!

Lastly, I registered this name because it's too easy to 'shoot off a comment' under 'guest' or some other name. I'm proud to be 'wifeyto1goodcop'. I'm also going out on a limb and posting my real name. So, be nice.

Everyone be safe! And for those w/kids, see you at the Easter party. :D

~TWhite

so as I started off saying. please do not throw stones when you live in a glass house. There were no claws in that statement I just hope that the "person" who felt the need to start downing the "disrespectful male cops" and laughing at them and their respective wives gets it that we love our husbands and yes I agree with you wifeyto1goodcop marriage is hard work even without all the negative comments from within the PD, people who are suppose to be your brothers and respect you and those you love. Can't we just all "try" to get along. It is so dissappointing.

01-09-2007, 10:03 PM
Ladies, Gentleman - or should I say "Boys and Girls" - please - someone has taken one particular post extremely personal. My husband is a former CPD Captain. So I've attended many a FOP Party - that post from "Funny" could have been written by myself 16 years ago - just that the names have changed along with the faces.

I also worked for CPD as a Dispatcher probably long before some of your husband's were employed by the agency, or were even in high school. I was married to 2 CPD officers - met both while working at the station. So I do have 'room to speak' - I worked and lived CPD. I can relate to the officers that wouldn't speak to me in front of their wife, yet had no problem talking to me in the hallway, or over the phone, or coming up to the Comm Center to retrieve paperwork the next day - I too have had "Code 7" with officers that said "I don't want my wife knowing what I do, or what goes on when Im at work.."

At the FOP banquet, where we all were supposed to be friends/co-workers, or just had lunch together the night before, a few (who have long since retired) wouldn't give me the time of day while sitting next to their wife as I'd walk by and say "You clean up well!", and attempt to get introduced to their wife as I'd knew he had one, but this was the first I'd had the chance to meet her. - Yet the next day I'd be the one he'd depend on to know where he was, and who he was out with. (I mean on a traffic stop, or a wanted subject - don't take things out of context girls!) It's ironic to see that the same things go on at the Annual Banquet that did umpteen years ago - somethings never change!

To be a Cop's Wife, you have to be a little thick skinned, and learn from the get-go that not everyone loves your husband, thinks he's the greatest thing since sliced bread, and that everyone is his buddy. That's your job. I know first hand, my husband wasn't loved by all, yet those that matter'd most we still have contact with, visit, and have remained friends since retirement (Yes, our house collects a CPD retirement check so again, I have room to talk). As a current CPD officer told me a couple years ago when I referred to this 'board' as a way to keep in touch with what's going on down there, he said "Oh, you mean the POISON BOARD" - and he was right. Anyone can post anything here and not have to own up to it. - if you let it, this board will eat you alive. There's probably a reason 26 people have responded, but 400 plus have read this thread.

Take some advise from a Old Cop's wife. Toughen up and get real, and Like we used to tell the callers that had called in looking for a loved one because they hadn't come home yet - "Did you call the jail?" and they'd say "He/She wouldn't be in jail, he/she wouldn't do that" - we'd say "Call anyway" - In 9 years of working Dispatch, 7 out of 10 times they'd call back to tell me "Um, you were right, my (wife, brother, sister, husband) are in jail....when will they be released?" Yet, there were those 3 out of 10 that were just plain late coming home and didn't call. My point is, don't rule anything out and be so blind. It's not 'everyone', it's not 'all of them' - but don't think it's none of them. Remove the claws ladies, if this gets you all worked up, you'll never make it to 20 years with CPD, or any agency being a Cop's Wife.

Glad the Banquet was fun - they always were - and there were alway stories to tell the next day. There's a reason why the motto: What happens at the FOP Banquet, stays at the FOP Banquet. - what does that alone tell you? Your husband's didn't invent that motto, it's been around a loooong time.

Carol Patterson - Opr #12
Wife of former Captain Patterson (for 15 years and still going!)

01-09-2007, 10:27 PM
that's your advice? toughen up? oh okay.........how about some real advice.....don't stir the pot! Oh and PS I do know a lot about some other cops out there working for CPD.......I will never stir the pot........it isn't any of my business.......so again those who live in a glass house shall not throw stones........thanks for the advice though old timer

01-09-2007, 10:31 PM
Whine... whine... whine... don't throw stones... whine.... I can only say the same thing over again. .... don't throw stones..... whine.... I am to good for everyone...... whine...... I am the best....... don't throw stones... whine

but its okay to call someone an old bag who was just giving advice. good advice. Stop whining and grow up. YOU don't throw stones at a glass house.

01-09-2007, 11:11 PM
Yes, that's my best advise "Toughen Up" Why? because those that talk or 'stir the pot' as you say, will continue - and for some reason, you believe you are going to be the one who will stop it? Did you read what I wrote? 16 years has transpired, and there are still pot stirrers. SSDD - or year for that matter. Where have you been over the past 16 years? Why didn't you save yourself and those others wives from the evil do'ers, and the Stone Throwers before now?

So don't get real. Let this board eat you alive. It only bothers those that l allow it bother them, and no one else. I've been called worse things by irate citizens and drunk ones - as I'm sure your other half has in 'our' Professional Life, if we let it bother us - we'd be wiggin out on some goofy message board - but some of us get over ourselves and realize we can't change other people. It comes with the job. Maybe those who are on the outside looking in can't comprehend that. I've worked both sides of the mike, and yea, I can say 'toughen up'. What other advise are you looking for? Someone to call that person out and tell them "Now you just stop that right now" - Ok, so I just did - feel warm and fuzzy now? Are you sure you're related to an LEO?

Guess that's just maturity, although I could be wrong.

Carol Patterson - #12
Wife of Former Captain Patterson

01-10-2007, 03:16 PM
Yes, that's my best advise "Toughen Up" Why? because those that talk or 'stir the pot' as you say, will continue - and for some reason, you believe you are going to be the one who will stop it? Did you read what I wrote? 16 years has transpired, and there are still pot stirrers. SSDD - or year for that matter. Where have you been over the past 16 years? Why didn't you save yourself and those others wives from the evil do'ers, and the Stone Throwers before now?

So don't get real. Let this board eat you alive. It only bothers those that l allow it bother them, and no one else. I've been called worse things by irate citizens and drunk ones - as I'm sure your other half has in 'our' Professional Life, if we let it bother us - we'd be wiggin out on some goofy message board - but some of us get over ourselves and realize we can't change other people. It comes with the job. Maybe those who are on the outside looking in can't comprehend that. I've worked both sides of the mike, and yea, I can say 'toughen up'. What other advise are you looking for? Someone to call that person out and tell them "Now you just stop that right now" - Ok, so I just did - feel warm and fuzzy now? Are you sure you're related to an LEO?

Guess that's just maturity, although I could be wrong.

Carol Patterson - #12

Okay this board does not eat me alive let's just say that. I have never written in before now and for the record Ms. Patterson I am a pretty tough cookie. Now that I cleared that up for you, YES I do feel warm and fuzzy everyday when my husband comes home from another day at work as a LEO. We must have a very different lifestyle and home than you Ms. Patterson. Not that yours is bad of course, nonetheless yes he has seen a lot in his time I guess he and I just have a different kind of respect for each other and truly love one another.(all you pot stirrus roll your eyes it doesn't bother me at all) It just just saddens me that's all, that other people within the dept want to try to destroy their own "brothers". No you are right I am not a LEO but my husband is and if what you all say is true how there is a "brotherhood" amongst you all then why wouldn't you squash the pot stirrurs yourself? I mean I know at this point it is a pretty big job because people despite what they say do love to hear gossip, but that is what is wrong with our society today. We have become too accepting of people who act this way. Isn't that what our police offiecers do on a daily basis? Don't they go out there and try to make a difference and correct things and change the bad? I guess it is just a lot easier for me to turn my head the other way and not listen to all the disgusting horrible gossip that "our own" insist on spreading about one another. I am so glad the people I love and trust don't talk about each other that way. I still don't understand you though it is as if you are standing firm and saying well I put up with it all these years.....that's just the way it is...........that's too bad. I am sorry. The end.

01-10-2007, 04:58 PM
I am only replying because you asked questions in your post - I am not trying to keep this alive.

My husband has been in law enforcment for 27 years. During his tenure, and my short 12 years as a Communications Operator and working in other departments, I have learned a few things that re-enforce my comments of prior. Those that talk, will talk. You, I, our husbands can do nothing to stop that. It's a fact. If you have some feel-good way to make it stop, then I'm sure CPD would award you for doing so. No one has yet been able to control it there, nor at any other agency - as you'll see in other Department threads on this web site. Those that work there know how it is.

Just as your husband can attest to, there are times he responds to the same houses, for the same domestics, involving the same people weekly, sometimes more often. He can't make it stop. His back up can't make it stop. They wish they could. He's probably arrested the same crack addict a few times - he can't make that addict stop. Jail doesn't make that addict stop. At some point, while frustrated with the continual responses to the house with the domestics, to the drug arrests, he just learns he can't fix everyone. He has hardened from the first time he responded and thought he could help that family, that addict - now after repeated responses, it's just annoying. He can't let everyone he can't change bother him.

People will be people. People can be cruel. People WILL talk. You can't fix people - people have to fix themselves. You can't force people to behave the way you want, unless it violates law, and even then you just punish their behavior and hope that changes them - some it does, some it doesn't. Talk is cheap, people that talk are cheaper. Trash talk has been a staple at CPD for decades. With over 300 people contained with in it's walls, it would be difficult to control. That is fact. It is real. You can either face that fact (accept it) and learn to ignore it and realize "that's just the way it is" or sit down with some member of Staff and give them your take on how to control 300+ people and what comes out of their mouths. Good luck in your efforts to make a social impact in the Law Enforcement Community throughout CPD and the other Police Departments that have the same issues with different people.

Carol Patterson Opr 12

01-10-2007, 05:22 PM
I am only replying because you asked questions in your post - I am not trying to keep this alive.

My husband has been in law enforcment for 27 years. During his tenure, and my short 12 years as a Communications Operator and working in other departments, I have learned a few things that re-enforce my comments of prior. Those that talk, will talk. You, I, our husbands can do nothing to stop that. It's a fact. If you have some feel-good way to make it stop, then I'm sure CPD would award you for doing so. No one has yet been able to control it there, nor at any other agency - as you'll see in other Department threads on this web site. Those that work there know how it is.

Just as your husband can attest to, there are times he responds to the same houses, for the same domestics, involving the same people weekly, sometimes more often. He can't make it stop. His back up can't make it stop. They wish they could. He's probably arrested the same crack addict a few times - he can't make that addict stop. Jail doesn't make that addict stop. At some point, while frustrated with the continual responses to the house with the domestics, to the drug arrests, he just learns he can't fix everyone. He has hardened from the first time he responded and thought he could help that family, that addict - now after repeated responses, it's just annoying. He can't let everyone he can't change bother him.

People will be people. People can be cruel. People WILL talk. You can't fix people - people have to fix themselves. You can't force people to behave the way you want, unless it violates law, and even then you just punish their behavior and hope that changes them - some it does, some it doesn't. Talk is cheap, people that talk are cheaper. Trash talk has been a staple at CPD for decades. With over 300 people contained with in it's walls, it would be difficult to control. That is fact. It is real. You can either face that fact (accept it) and learn to ignore it and realize "that's just the way it is" or sit down with some member of Staff and give them your take on how to control 300+ people and what comes out of their mouths. Good luck in your efforts to make a social impact in the Law Enforcement Community throughout CPD and the other Police Departments that have the same issues with different people.

Carol Patterson Opr 12

I respect your opinion and outlook. Thank you. It's no wonder even though CPD officers call each other "brothers" they each only trust a handful of each other. I am sure other agencies are the same. What a shame.

01-10-2007, 06:16 PM
It must now be prevalent in the LEO community in general. Largo's board is also talking about a Christmas party and how some people acted.

It's no wonder we can only really trust a few individuals. The holier than thow subjects should just stay home and let the rest have a good time with good laughs.

The fact of the matter is that some people are uptight at work and it is hard to really judge them and get to know them. These get togethers can give you a different perspective whether it be bad, good or indifferent. I find that most of the persepctives are very positive as the shield comes down. The important thing is to let them have fun, let loose and have memories as long it isn't criminal. One day we will all walk off into the sunset when it's our time, except for Dewey, and we will have fond memories of our days together. Don't try and spoil it by making people feel guilty that they had too much to drink or acted crazy for a night. They are entitled to it. If you don't like it, stay home.

01-10-2007, 07:11 PM
It must now be prevalent in the LEO community in general. Largo's board is also talking about a Christmas party and how some people acted.

It's no wonder we can only really trust a few individuals. The holier than thow subjects should just stay home and let the rest have a good time with good laughs.

The fact of the matter is that some people are uptight at work and it is hard to really judge them and get to know them. These get togethers can give you a different perspective whether it be bad, good or indifferent. I find that most of the persepctives are very positive as the shield comes down. The important thing is to let them have fun, let loose and have memories as long it isn't criminal. One day we will all walk off into the sunset when it's our time, except for Dewey, and we will have fond memories of our days together. Don't try and spoil it by making people feel guilty that they had too much to drink or acted crazy for a night. They are entitled to it. If you don't like it, stay home.

there have been CPD officers who have had their lives turned upside down because of their immoral behavior. They were repremanded for their behavior. I personally feel they were made examples of because there was so much more that happened before them and still immoral behavior amongst the CPD officers even now after them. I saw much of that going on at the banquet this year. Judging them I am not. Who is putting them down for it? Not I. I am irritated that one of your own......some female police officer I might add felt the need to start with the wifey comments. Did you not get that? She had to say that the officers won't act the same to her in front of their wives. boo hoo

01-10-2007, 07:39 PM
It seems as though you have a problem with this female officer. Then why don't you have a talk with her in private instead of yelling on the board?? Obviously who ever this female officer was has not written in awhile. Maybe she had a change of heart. Besides there are tons of people that write on here in the heat of the moment. Also think about it. ANY one can write on this borad. It could have been a male officer writing pretending to be a female or someone who has no relation to CPD whatso ever. I am a CP wife and I saw some flirting but I am not on here making a fool of myself. Just like the others said. Trust your man and forget about everyone else.

01-10-2007, 07:43 PM
Yet and from that post, most wives have been using the term Wifey. So it only bothered a certain wife. My question to you is this. If we're all on the same team, and that team has one mission, and that mission is to make a safe community for residents to live in, and on that team is a mixed member male/female ratio, and each has a mission to watch out for their team member when times are bad - then why, and I'm going out on a limb here asking this - is there animosity during a social occasion? If that officer, be it female passed the rigorous training to be my backup on a call, or cover me on an entry, why snub them at a social event? No one became an officer to be loved by all, that is true. Yet, when some here talk about 'brotherly love' - does that exclude the 'sisters' that also wear the same badge? How about that Comm Ctr 'wifey' (her term, not mine) above who said she experienced the same? Working together and being a team player only when you're being paid to? Seems like there are more issues here than what meets the keyboard. I don't believe that female (either one) was crying Boo Hoo because they were not spoken to, I believe when we gather in a 'brotherly' way and some are excluded, it is hurtful to the fellow 'brother' - or 'sister' as this case may be. JMHO

01-10-2007, 07:54 PM
If this was your first banquet and you ladies are this emotional over it, then I suggest it to be your last. As the Captain's wife said, same incidents have been going on at those banquets for years. It's not new, only to those who haven't been before. My suggestion is if it's so bothersome to you, that on the night of the annual banquet, you invite your close cop friends over, those that you can trust and have an evening to yourself, pop some pop corn and rent a movie for your guests. If not, learn that alcohol loosens the lips and the hips.

Hey Opr 12, long time no hear from! Good to see you're still the same confident dispatcher you always were! Say Hi to the Chief for me!

01-10-2007, 07:54 PM
Then why dont the female officers introduce themselves to us? I have had some do that and I think its great. I am not a jealous person or care about stuff like that. I truely think its wonderful that woman are out there helping to back up my hubby. I would hate if I was a female officer and everyone thought I was a ------ (fill in the blank) because I am freindly with some male officers. Trust me I know what its like having people assume things about you before they even get to know you. People think I am wild and crazy and I am not, I am just very outgoing. I know that some people are touchy when they talk and mean nothing by it. Just like when you call everyone hon. Some people will get mad. YOU CAN"T PLEASE EVERYONE. That is why I will not put my name. I don't want people who may not like me say mean stuff or maybe say stuff about my hubby.

01-10-2007, 08:25 PM
It is common to speak to the person you know first, then be introduced to the wife/husband of that person first. It's a comfort factor.

wifeyto1goodcop
01-10-2007, 09:57 PM
none

01-11-2007, 12:36 AM
What'll happen and it's already being talked about on the road is that if someone's significant other gets this bent out of shape over a party, maybe attending the function isn't a good thing and therefore won't attend another since the issue is so disturbing to the other half. So 2 things will happen, either it'll be skipped all together, or and I've already heard it said "I'll just say I have to work and go to the party instead, I get enough drama on the job, I don't need it at home too!"

A few of us are not married, and agreed that if our g/f got this bent over nothing, she wouldn't be going again. :roll:

01-11-2007, 12:58 AM
I am probably going to be ripped for this but oh well. Have you ever read or heard about the book Men are from Mars and Women are from Venus.

Men act differently around their wives because we never know what might set them off. Nothing can be going on between a male and female co-worker and they can still be friendly. Yet when their spouse is around the male will be guarded because he doesn't want any drama in his life when it is unwarranted. I mean seriously, haven't most of us been out at the mall or wherever and your significant other questions you about what you were looking at. The thing is you will most likely never see that person again so when your wife sees a female co-worker she knows you see everyday, you want to make sure you head that whole grilling/questioning thing off because you know where it is headed.

Now, for the female officers being perceived as bi+che$, in some cases that might be true but in others it might just be the insecurities the observer harbors for whatever reason.

PARTY ETIQUETTE

Now to the other issues of people drinking alcohol and acting wild, we only live once and if you don't have a drinking problem then enjoy yourself without guilt. The caveat is to have a room, a designated driver, and no climbing on the balconies. If you are a little or mildly flirtatious during your drinking binge it is a natural phenomenon. If you are hard core working someone's spouse or significant other then you are on your own. Seek help or claim Sex Addiction. In some cases it has worked.

This message has been brought to you by DR. Fhil.

THE NEXT TIME I'M CHARGING FOR THE ADVICE :lol: :lol:

01-11-2007, 01:17 AM
What'll happen and it's already being talked about on the road is that if someone's significant other gets this bent out of shape over a party, maybe attending the function isn't a good thing and therefore won't attend another since the issue is so disturbing to the other half. So 2 things will happen, either it'll be skipped all together, or and I've already heard it said "I'll just say I have to work and go to the party instead, I get enough drama on the job, I don't need it at home too!"

A few of us are not married, and agreed that if our g/f got this bent over nothing, she wouldn't be going again. :roll:

:roll: Alright guys, this is ONE person with her panties in a twist. She has dominated the board and obviously has some issues. I guess taking the girlfriend to a banquet should be mandatory to see if she's wife material. :lol: :lol: :lol:

01-11-2007, 01:25 AM
Someone of the opposite sex got a little friendly with me, I dealt with it and walked away. It was the alcohol.. no hard feelings.

Holy crap, Batman! Someone with some class, maturity and did her other half freak? Nah. To us guys, that's a compliment. 8)

01-11-2007, 03:33 AM
:roll: Alright guys, this is ONE person with her panties in a twist. She has dominated the board and obviously has some issues. I guess taking the girlfriend to a banquet should be mandatory to see if she's wife material. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/u][/b][/quote]

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.

01-11-2007, 03:00 PM
It seems as though you have a problem with this female officer. Then why don't you have a talk with her in private instead of yelling on the board?? Obviously who ever this female officer was has not written in awhile. Maybe she had a change of heart. Besides there are tons of people that write on here in the heat of the moment. Also think about it. ANY one can write on this borad. It could have been a male officer writing pretending to be a female or someone who has no relation to CPD whatso ever. I am a CP wife and I saw some flirting but I am not on here making a fool of myself. Just like the others said. Trust your man and forget about everyone else.
HMMMM just doesn't get it. enough said

01-11-2007, 03:03 PM
Yet and from that post, most wives have been using the term Wifey. So it only bothered a certain wife. My question to you is this. If we're all on the same team, and that team has one mission, and that mission is to make a safe community for residents to live in, and on that team is a mixed member male/female ratio, and each has a mission to watch out for their team member when times are bad - then why, and I'm going out on a limb here asking this - is there animosity during a social occasion? If that officer, be it female passed the rigorous training to be my backup on a call, or cover me on an entry, why snub them at a social event? No one became an officer to be loved by all, that is true. Yet, when some here talk about 'brotherly love' - does that exclude the 'sisters' that also wear the same badge? How about that Comm Ctr 'wifey' (her term, not mine) above who said she experienced the same? Working together and being a team player only when you're being paid to? Seems like there are more issues here than what meets the keyboard. I don't believe that female (either one) was crying Boo Hoo because they were not spoken to, I believe when we gather in a 'brotherly' way and some are excluded, it is hurtful to the fellow 'brother' - or 'sister' as this case may be. JMHO

OIC......then if they truly are just friends then they should talk to one another alone about it and clear it up that way. GET SERIOUS

01-11-2007, 03:07 PM

nice honest guys!

01-11-2007, 03:11 PM
Someone of the opposite sex got a little friendly with me, I dealt with it and walked away. It was the alcohol.. no hard feelings.

Holy crap, Batman! Someone with some class, maturity and did her other half freak? Nah. To us guys, that's a compliment. 8)

Duh, everything is a compliment to you guys......"Men are from Mars......."

01-11-2007, 03:12 PM
:roll: Alright guys, this is ONE person with her panties in a twist. She has dominated the board and obviously has some issues. I guess taking the girlfriend to a banquet should be mandatory to see if she's wife material. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/u][/b]

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.[/quote]

Fantasy world eh? lol you are the one fantasizing

01-11-2007, 03:13 PM
:roll: Alright guys, this is ONE person with her panties in a twist. She has dominated the board and obviously has some issues. I guess taking the girlfriend to a banquet should be mandatory to see if she's wife material. :lol: :lol: :lol: [/u][/b]

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.[/quote]

Enough already! Is this topic so important to be taking up so much interest? Geez, let it go already. Move on people, there's nothing else to see here...

01-11-2007, 04:21 PM

Exactly, 1 wife who lives in a fantasy world and never gets out much. Who's ever spouse it is, will you take the woman out more often and get her used to the world and how it is? If she's freakin out on this board, imagine what the poor guy has gone thru at home? We need to have another party for the poor guy and give him a break. Poor sap.

Enough already! Is this topic so important to be taking up so much interest? Geez, let it go already. Move on people, there's nothing else to see here...[/quote]

We go out quite a bit and I see a lot of you all out quite a bit, (doing your thing).......what I see I keep to myself and or it is discussed amonst my hubby and I and it ends there. What you all do when you are out you have to live with and it is NOT our business so all I was trying to say about the "female officer" who was boo hooing because the male police officer would not introduce her to his wife was spreading her garbage around in hopes that others would maybe give the male LEO a hard time. She should keep her can in the garbage.....oops I'm sorry.....(lol) I mean keep her garbage in her can. Stop spreading all your woes. All of us wifey's feel sorry for you okay female police officer. Oh and by the way I recently met a female police officer and my husband introduced her to me and she was actually very sweet AND very pretty as well. Guess what they just WORK together and that's it! AMAZING!