PDA

View Full Version : Your hiring pratice

01-06-2007, 10:32 PM
OK I’m going to try to be objective here since I can feel the tension building with every new thread. I’m also a cop and I have never applied for hpd but I know quite of few who have. I know more than my share of hps cops where I can say that some of what SAY WHAT is saying is true. The whole thing in the academy is true to a certain extend and that’s where I will start. I find that those individuals that are instructors down there are not setting the right example. For those candidates that are self-sponsor, the stories that are coming out of these instructors puts your agency down. Also the people that do your hiring are burned out and disgruntle at best. The first impression that a new recruit gets out of your agency is not very flattering. The biggest complaint that I get from applicants is that your BI’s are not willing to work with them. I also know several characters that used to work with your agency that had shady past. I know of one that was rejected by just about every agency in dade county before he got hired in hialeah.

Why do you guys pass-on good clean recruits but hire questionable ones with shady history?????

Pepe_Tolete
01-08-2007, 02:59 AM
that was my point exactly Rex on my post, but it got taken out of context, like everything does.

I had passed ALL required preliminary exams, BAP, Psych, Poly, etc, then it came down to some previous reprimands at a previous job, that I had listed in my PHQ and was overlooked or just QRU to continue the process. Anyways I was disqualified for it. Congrats you passed all your exams, but you werent so nice at a previous job, and mind you, I have no criminal history.

But its not a big deal I got picked up by another dept that looked at me being qualified than something I did many years ago, that wasnt a crime.

PS

I know Senora Churo will come on this thread and start his crap replies but thats what happends when sitting in a car on his wireless in neighborhoods waiting to be dispatched on a call.

REX99
01-08-2007, 03:57 AM
I’m not here to start anything that involves name calling or put downs of any source. I just simply had a question for the officers of hpd. I know of some people that had their heart set on working for the City of Hialeah and weren’t picked up for one reason or another. There was one in particular that had a squiky clean record with a good employment history yet he was passed on and not hired. He was quite discourage by the whole thing and was seeking lots of advice from me since he knew I was a police officer.

01-08-2007, 04:51 AM
PS

I know Senora Churo will come on this thread and start his crap replies but thats what happends when sitting in a car on his wireless in neighborhoods waiting to be dispatched on a call.[/quote]

Pepito, you've got problems! Please, seek psychological help; before it is too late.

03-09-2008, 04:31 AM
Soon they will be hiring for Police Officers...... I believe in 3 weeks!

03-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Soon they will be hiring for Police Officers...... I believe in 3 weeks!

since when?? we usually hire malcontents, ask Ricano.

Oh wait, everyone she hires turns out to be excellent

03-30-2008, 06:58 PM
And that's what happens when you put an ex-nun to do the hiring.

04-02-2008, 02:47 AM
The problem IS Sgt. B.R. They need to put a real cop in there and not a former DARE officer & D.V. Det. who is afraid to work the road and do police work. As long as she is there nothing will ever change in this place, get use to it.

04-08-2008, 12:59 PM
The problem IS Sgt. B.R. They need to put a real cop in there and not a former DARE officer & D.V. Det. who is afraid to work the road and do police work. As long as she is there nothing will ever change in this place, get use to it.
that is right but ask her how she got hired? she needs to leave all together :)

04-08-2008, 06:22 PM
how did she get hired?

04-08-2008, 09:30 PM
SHE WAS ONE OF THE HEAD POLICE EXPLORERS AT MIAMI P.D.
WONDER WHY THEY DIDNT HIRE HER??/HUMMMMM

04-09-2008, 04:07 AM
SHE WAS ONE OF THE HEAD POLICE EXPLORERS AT MIAMI P.D.
WONDER WHY THEY DIDNT HIRE HER??/HUMMMMM
she never applied at miami p.d though.....so i dont know where youre getting your "facts: from.

04-09-2008, 04:26 AM
You are all a bunch of whining rejects. :oops: :oops: :oops:

04-09-2008, 05:25 PM
ask her she will tell you she had to do nothing and her career has been nothing loser :D