PDA

View Full Version : Ken Pocchio

01-01-2007, 09:01 PM
I am currently a Patrolman for the Hartford Police Department in Vermont. The police department is going through changes with a new chief. Last week a policy was passed to change pins on our uniforms. The only pins to be worn on the uniform, are the badge, name tag and FTO pin. Since starting with my new agency I have worn my Pocchio memorial pin proudly under my badge. I have been asked many times about the pin by other officers and they all show a sign of respect for Ken without ever knowing him. When advised that I would have to removed the pin from my uniform I advised my supervisor that he would have to remove it from my cold dead chest. With that being said, we now have the oportunity to request certain pins to be worn through memorandum.

With this being the one year mark of Kens death, never forget him or the what he stood for in law enforcement. Ken was a hard charger. I miss Ken and think of him every day when I get dressed. Placing his memorial pin on my uniform also reminds me of the CCSO and the sacrafices made there.

Ya'll be safe, God bless you in the New Year and I will hopefully be back soon.

01-02-2007, 03:33 AM
SnDePalma2208,

OMG… it is great to hear from you my friend!!

Thank you for stating what you have about Ken. I echo your thoughts and support your position in remembering him. As you may remember, the last night you spent with CCSO was with JA and me in AIR2. As you walked into the Pilots Room prior to our flight, I pointed out a small poster of Ken’s memorial that we placed on it so that there will never be a day that we fly that we do not see it and think about him.

What he gave to our aviation unit was more than words could say and his loss has been felt each day since. His dedication to his work and family along with his moral conviction to serve each equally and without compromise created a lasting impression on me.

JA and I often talk about Ken and our memories of his work within our unit and to the CCSO. To this day I still remember my last conversation with him inside our hangar, just days before his untimely death. I will always remember how focused he was in wanting to provide the best for his wife and child, they meant everything to him. And I will never forget the smile he gave me as I walked away, never to see him again.

He was more than a friend to us; he was our brother…forever

DParker2081

01-05-2007, 11:57 PM
Amen Sonic!

02-19-2007, 02:15 AM
Steve its good to hear from you. Everything you said about ken is true and thanks for doing what you can to keep that pin on your chest. Good luck and stay safe brother.