PDA

View Full Version : NEW FTO LIST

01-01-2007, 11:04 AM
HAS ANYONE ELSE SEEN THE NEW FTO LIST? HAVE YOU SEEN SOME OF THE PEOPLE THAT WERE PICKED?

01-01-2007, 03:23 PM
I don't think the pool was plentiful.......

01-01-2007, 04:36 PM
is the list posted somewhere?
what? now we have 2 year VETERANS being FTO's or something?

01-02-2007, 04:57 AM
If you didn't put in for FTO please don't complain. If you did and were not picked, and you think you can do a better job than those that were, ask for a reason why you were not picked.

01-02-2007, 02:48 PM
The problem is our contract never really specifies monetary increases in writing for teaching rookies. Thus, this is business and the veterans will never put in for this job. It is a union and management issue to care about our future officers. Both entities have this responsibility! Just a thought .....

01-02-2007, 04:12 PM
i did not put in...been there, done that, asked again...buuuut..NO.
and i am not complaining but critisizing...
been doing this long enough to see through the clowd of apprehensive supervisors, and defensive, due to lack of ability, new guys(under 5 yrs experience).

01-29-2007, 05:44 PM
yeah thats great GREAT FTOS
I like THE GUY WHO left a guy with his DEAD mom for two days before another shift did the 45 report
yeah hes going to be a great FTO - im just wondering why he has no Sense of SHAME how can he even wear that pin?

07-03-2007, 10:39 PM
So now that it's been a few months and the FTO's have done this for a while.................what do you think of 'em now? I know I had a few good ones and a few crappy ones, kinda hard to teach me the job when they are clueless. But at least i know where to eat everyday!

07-05-2007, 09:34 AM
why was the last guy on noons extended? who was his last fto that extended him?

07-05-2007, 04:03 PM
LOL...gee I wonder who would ask those questions... :lol:

07-10-2007, 02:08 AM
WHICH GUY IS THAT? WHO IS HE WITH NOW?

08-06-2007, 07:42 PM
I BELIEVE THAT MOST OF THE OFFICERS COMPLAINING REGARDING THE FTO'S ARE PROBABLY ZERO'S AT BEING REAL COPS. THAT'S WHY THEY DID NOT HAVE THE B-LLS TO PUT FOR THE FTO PROGRAM, THEY WERE THINKING WHETHER I TEACH THIS NEW GUY SOMETHING IN WHICH I'M SUCK AT IT OR I GO HIDE OUT, DRINK COFFEE OR MAYBE GO TO SLEEP. :D :D

09-22-2007, 03:39 PM
Get real!!!! Last year the chiefs met with us and said "what can we do to make the FTO program better?"

We gave them a huge list of possibilities from a real monetary compensation to increased CL time compensation.

Result: NOTHING! the benefits stayed the same, Oh, sorry now you get the $1 /hour all the time.....Please, what a JOKE. That's why no one wants to be an FTO.

I refuse to give the time and energy to train when I am not being compensated. We already take too many for the team.

Sorry if it seems like I don't give a s__t, but I really don't!

09-22-2007, 03:54 PM
The compensation for being an FTO is that you are providing future officers with the skills and knowledge they need to have productive careers. Any monetary compensation should be looked at as a gift, not a requirement. If you can't find motivation and satisfaction in mentoring new officers, then you probably shouldn't be an FTO anyways. Motivation for this program should come from within you. That is one of the biggest problems of our department...everyone is out for themselves and its all about the money. I wish we could get past that mentality and understand that money can't solve all our problems. Sometimes hard work and sacrificing some time and effort is what makes things better around here. My FTO's didn't make squat when they trained me, but I will never forget them and I will always admire and revere the time and sacrifice they made to make me the person I am today.

Sorry Veteran, I disagree with your assessment that money will fix the FTO program. Money will just make the greedy slugs ***** and whine to become FTO's. This is just one of those things where money makes things worse. Just my opinion.

09-22-2007, 08:31 PM
Again, the name says it all, “Professor”. You must be a liberal communist. We live in a capitalist society. Money talks and bullxxit walks. Go get a job at a University.

09-22-2007, 10:40 PM
Professor,

Great response to the earlier post. Too bad there aren't more individuals with your thoughts about FTO's.

09-23-2007, 07:41 PM
I agree. . .for some reason this department has turned into a "what are you going to do for me" department. Yes, I do agree that people should be compensated for the hard work they do, but at the same token throwing your hands up in the air and saying screw it, and then complaining about the people willing to do the job is rediculous. Sometimes people should do the job becuase it is just the right thing to do...not because a couple of sheckles in your check.

09-23-2007, 09:15 PM
I agree. . .for some reason this department has turned into a "what are you going to do for me" department. Yes, I do agree that people should be compensated for the hard work they do, but at the same token throwing your hands up in the air and saying screw it, and then complaining about the people willing to do the job is rediculous. Sometimes people should do the job becuase it is just the right thing to do...not because a couple of sheckles in your check.

Your right A/H.

Now that you mentioned it, when are we going to be paid more for speaking a second language?

09-23-2007, 11:32 PM
Hmmm...maybe you are correct sir about the second language thing ...however, I would start with english first.

YOU + ARE = You're

Your right = opposite of my left

good day sir