PDA

View Full Version : Worch: Crime rate shows sheriff failing

News Flash
12-30-2006, 12:10 PM
Worch: Crime rate shows sheriff failing
Former sheriff cites 60 percent rise in crime since 2000

The crime rate in Charlotte County has risen steadily since 2000 while going down in most neighboring counties.

That indicates the county is "losing the war on crime" -- and the current sheriff has failed to stop the descent, said former Sheriff Richard Worch.

Worch said Friday he intends to run for sheriff in 2008 to reverse that trend. Worch previously served as sheriff from 1989-2000.

Worch cites data from Uniform Crime Reports compiled by the Florida Department of Law Enforcement on the county's crime rate since the 1980s.

The data shows during Worch's 12 years in office, the county had the ninth lowest crime rate of 67 counties in the state. But during his successors' tenure, the crime rate rose 60 percent, dropping the county to 57th place.

"If these numbers did not reflect the sad picture they paint of rising crime, I would not be running," Worch said. "I believe I honestly know what to do to get this thing turned around."Click here (http://www.sun-herald.com/NewsArchive2/123006/np8.htm?date=123006&story=np8.htm) for the full story.

12-31-2006, 08:16 AM
That's what happens when deputies have to be affraid to do their jobs. Fighting crime makes waves...and you don't want to make waves in Charlotte County - working for these clowns if you want to keep your job. Remember how they handled Hurricane Charley? Remember Davenport telling us not to make arrests because the jail was too uncomfortable? If you don't beleive me, do an archive search in the local papers..he even admitted it to the media. Thats just the tip of the iceburg. I think we are going to see a big admin turn-over next year. :wink:

01-01-2007, 12:02 AM
It's no different anywhere else bud. Politics is in every agency big or small. It's who you know, as you should know. Charlotte is way better than the two other agencies I worked at. As you can tell, this message board is alot quieter that most of the other agencies. Which is usually a good thing. You and I will never change the way an administration does things or change their policies. They are paying us to do what they want, and anytime your on their dime, it's their time....stay safe, and go home at the end of your 12, thats all that matters...

01-01-2007, 07:34 PM
Your an idiot if you think Worch is going to let us do our jobs...I believe on his watch you weren't allowed to do traffic on US41, no lightbars, no in car radios, traffic stop survey cards...Go back to Pasco bub...

01-02-2007, 10:40 AM
The best thing that could happen for OUR agency is to support Chief Cameron in the upcoming election if he runs. There is NO bad luggage with him and he has been here for a while is a TRUE LEADER. Politics are the same no matter where you work and one must accept that and just do their job. Dont be disgruntled and bring down the entire agency. If we bring down out OWN agency, what do we look like to others. We will get CRAP applicants and those will be our backup and future friends. Keep a positive look on the job, it is better NOW at CCSO than ever.

admin1
01-04-2007, 02:25 AM
Recent posts mentioning specific names in a derogatory manner violated our Terms of Use and were deleted. Additional violations could result in the poster being banned.