PDA

View Full Version : SECONDARY EMPLOYMENT

12-30-2006, 09:17 AM
CAN ANYONE ADVISE ON THE ACTUAL RESTRICTIONS ON SECONDARY EMPLOYMENT? WHAT IS CONSIDERED A SECOND JOB, AND WHAT ISN'T?

ALSO CAN ANY ONE ADVISE ON FMLA WHAT YOU NEED TO MEET THE STANDARDS AND WHAT IT LIMITS YOU TOO? FOR INSTANCE IF I TOOK TIME OF REF FMLA AND THEN WORKED A SECOND JOB WHAT KIND OF PROBLEMS WHOULD I BE LOOKING AT?

01-04-2007, 02:40 AM
You're not going to IA, but you want to blame the rookies. It's always somebody else fault, like you are exempt from being held over. I guess you dues are already paid.

01-05-2007, 01:31 AM
Hey Guest 6, the reason I blamed the ROOKIE, is because it was a ROOKIE that banged off FMLA you moron! As far as having paid my dues, yes I have, and will continue to do so until the day I retire.

As far as going to IA...not going to happen. There are other legal ways to let someone know that you do not appreciate their actions. I also hope that whoever their SGT may be would take the appropriate steps to addresss this issue.

01-05-2007, 05:42 AM
o.k. but if the sgt does take action don't then slam him for actually doing something.

01-05-2007, 06:57 AM
Ok "HUH", it sounds like you have anger mgt problem. Why cant we just debate an issue with refering to someone as a moron. Don't blame who ever that person is, if the people who are supposed to handle situation as such are not. And lastly, we all look foward to our pay check every two weeks. therefore, going to report calls and getting held over are part of your job.

01-06-2007, 12:13 AM
What exactly do expect his SGT to do??? Write him up? He hasn't violated any rules or policies. Tell on him? Tell who? Nobody above the rank of officer cares. The Sgt's and Lt's don't care. And nobody above that even knows, so who should he tell? Bottom line is that sometimes things work in our favor and sometimes they don't. This time somebody got held over. That sucks, but it's not the end of the world. Most of the time we benefit from glitches in the system, this is an exception. My suggestion, live and let live. Remember, everytime you call in sick or e-vac there is a chance someone will get held over. That's just the way it is. Nobody is going to stop calling in sick or e-vac-ing so just suck it up this one time and go on...it's not worth the aggravation. If you want to blame somebody, blame minimum staffing. If there were more cops working here, then one person calling in FMLA Sick wouldn't affect minimum staffing.

01-07-2007, 03:36 AM
To everybody on this posting,

I am impressed at the person attempting to impersonate me by using Portuguese. You almost got it right. I followed a couple of these postings in the beginning but stopped because it didn't involve me and I really don't like to be in other peoples personal lives. I never made a post because as you all like to say, I have only been here 3 years and believe it or not, I understand that. Regarding the retarded allegations made by this so called HOMEM DE DEUS, (yes I can use the word retarded here) I think he is simply trying to "stir the pot" a little. I don't and have never had FMLA. I think this is public record but if not, it is ealily verifiable.

I'm not sure about the references to construction work because it has been some 20 years since I have done that. It amazes me that you guys would write stuff that you were not sure of or in this case is just plain wrong. Accusing things that you have no evidence of. Even refering to an IA complaint. In this case it would help me and just make you look foolish but imagine if you did that to some new person what that could do to their perception of this department.

If I caused someone to be held over because I was out on Christmas Eve, (It was my understanding that no one was) then to that person, I am sorry and will gladly work a shift of your choice so you can have a day off.

To perplexed, I agree with you, why would anyone use FMLA and work somewhere else. Actually why would anyone work anywhere else anyway.

I don't know if being a Pastor qualifies as secondary employment but if it does, I don't think the city will have a problem with it. I will happily provide any of you with the address of my church.

Obviously those of you that are writing these things, don't know me. If you did, you would not go there. For sure, I am not super cop. Never claimed to be but NONE of you can ever say that if I was your 15, that I took too long to get there.

We are all human, so give those of us that are new a break.

Yes, tht is my real name. I wouldn't use anything else.

03-06-2007, 04:59 AM
IT"S ALL GOOD I FOUND A WAY AROUND THE FMLA CRITERIA, I"M OUT ON ISC!!!! WHERE THERE's A WILL THERE'S A WAY.... HA HA SUCKERS!