PDA

View Full Version : Reserve Question

12-29-2006, 01:39 AM
Does HCSO permit it's reserves to drive their vehicles? What limitations does HCSO put on reserves, aside from them not being able to work alone?

12-29-2006, 08:55 PM
Does HCSO permit it's reserves to drive their vehicles? What limitations does HCSO put on reserves, aside from them not being able to work alone?

I'm an RII and I check out a vehicle all the time but I always ride with another Reserve. Or if you complete AI School, you can ride alone.

There are very few limitations what an RII can do while on duty. One thing we cannot do is take a "report call" up front but we can back up units on any call if needed such as sig 38s.

There have been incidences where I have been closer to a call and got there before the Regular Deputy and will handle and/or resolve the issue if possible before he/she gets there.

Sometimes we are able to resolve the issue before the regular Deputy gets there so it frees them up. That’s a real good being considering we are so short handed.

Are you an RII at TPD? Or are you considering HCSO?

Obviously, they want serious, competent RIIs out there. It can be fun challenge but it certainly isn't a game.

12-29-2006, 11:19 PM
can a reservist ork off duty? If so, do they make the same as a regular deputy?

12-30-2006, 01:37 AM
can a reservist work off duty? If so, do they make the same as a regular deputy?

Who's asking? Are you an RII now?

The short answer is yes, you can work off duty and yes it's the same as Regular Deputies but...if you are thinking of becoming an RII for extra income, don't bother. You'll be working off duty on Non-Paid details as well. AND you will need to put in 20 hours a month for nothing.

I already told you, it's not always fun and games out there.

I didn't become an RII for the money.

If that's your intention, go work part time for Brinks. Stay out of the Reserve Program.