PDA

View Full Version : Overlap

12-26-2006, 01:54 AM
I am an out of state leo thinking of applying. Can someone tell me what shifts you guys work? Is it four ten hour shifts or five eight hour shifts? And can someone explain what the overlap is that everyone is talking about? Thanks

12-26-2006, 08:34 AM
we work 4 ten hour shifts.
the overlap is an hour give or take where one shift overlaps the prior shift where starting shift designated areas to enforce certain laws.

12-26-2006, 02:59 PM
Are Overlaps' statistical arrests helping deter crime in the City?

:?

12-26-2006, 07:43 PM
Perhaps a change of leadership is needed? Back to basics, one that emphasizes effective response to calls for service. After all, that is what we taxpayers expect!

:?:

01-08-2007, 02:41 AM
The overlap is a dangerous vehicle. It is putting undo pressures on some officers, especially new officers, to go out and affect an arrest or write a citation to satisfy this unofficial quota system. Our department is opening them selves up to future litigation my taking away our officer's discretion. They are telling us that we are not capable of doing our jobs. They treat us like children. These are the supervisors that when they were on the road did nothing. They know who they are. Officers, follow your conscience. Do what is right. Do not submit to these pressures.

07-06-2008, 11:24 PM
wow that was started by Who??