PDA

View Full Version : Looking for info

12-25-2006, 12:53 AM
I am an officer in the bay area, not happy where I am working. Can you tell me how morale is at the LPD ?? Is the housing expensive ?? I can look up pay and all that stuff, just want to get some input from guys and gals on the job at LPD. Your candid responses would be greatly appreciated..thanks

Occasional reader
12-25-2006, 04:02 AM
You would be doing better to contact the LPD recruiting officer to have your questions answered, or better yet, stop by and chat with officers at the PD. The responses you get through this board may or may not be by individuals who know the latest information.

Merry Christmas. May you all have a safe holiday season and 2007.

12-26-2006, 10:01 PM
Whatever you do, do not aplly to LPD. They are weak, morale is low and they have second highest turnover rate in florida, behind St Pete pd. Talk to their officers, most if all complain and hate it. The senior officers say the most, but have been there for so long it doesnt pay to leave. PCSO is the way to go!!!!

12-28-2006, 03:04 AM
No, most officers at LPD do not hate it...You obviously do not know and are back to stir up s**t. To the poster, get with the recruiter and do a ride a long. Also, talk with a several officers to get different viewpoints. This board is not the place to find out if LPD is right for you.

12-28-2006, 04:42 AM
contact the pd and schedule a ride along...its the best way to figure out if LPD's what you're looking for....good luck!!!!